Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do for a living/plan to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantasyfootballpools.businessmedia.ca

that is the front end development site, will probably soft launch the front end this week or early next and open up for pre-registration. Then have leagues and everything ready to start on July 1st. Exciting but lots of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie_Dash View Post
      fantasyfootballpools.businessmedia.ca

that is the front end development site, will probably soft launch the front end this week or early next and open up for pre-registration. Then have leagues and everything ready to start on July 1st. Exciting but lots of work.
      Been involved in 3 start-ups. Its so much work that people don't think about that before deciding to launch a business most times. Good Luck. Keep up the work. Only way to succeed in America is to do what you love and have some level of control
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nasmatic View Post
        I'm a freshman in high school and am, unsurprisingly, not really sure what I want to do. My ultimate goal would be NFL head coach, but that is highly unlikely. I'd also love to be a sports columnist/blogger/journalist/reporter. The next Walt, Bill Simmons, or Adam Schefter, but I think that last one would require quite a bit of mob-backing/blackmail material.

Obviously, college is a really long way away so what I say now is basically worthless, but one school that really appeals to me is Brown. Obviously it's a great school, but more importantly it has a completely open curriculum with no core requirements. Also, you can take as many courses as you want pass/fail. While I'm obviously not going to take all analytical literature classes pass/fail, the ability to maybe not do any more math or physical science after high school and focus on things that really interest me (with the pass/fail option maybe allowing me to be more adventurous in class selection) would be incredibly liberating.

Some jobs that aren't sports-related that appeal to me are journalist, author (very hard to make money, though), something in politics, doctor of any kind (although that requires quite a bit of science), teacher/professor, and probably a bunch of others.
        Trust me, it is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatal View Post
          Trust me, it is not.
          Yeah do a bunch of things now that will good on your college application. also take mock SAT exams over and over until you can get super high score. You can get in anywhere with high SAt and good gradesa dn extracurricular activites
          sigpic
          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
            Yeah do a bunch of things now that will good on your college application. also take mock SAT exams over and over until you can get super high score. You can get in anywhere with high SAt and good gradesa dn extracurricular activites
            and being a non-asian minority
            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
              My University's masters program needed American born white dudes as they were all Asian and Asian Indian and me. I was beath moe and even got money to go. It can work the other way too.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                You are younger than I thought. Try and do things you are really good at and that come easy to you. Also go to the best college possible for undergrad and get good grades. That will open so many door for you later it won't even be understandable. Don't get your master's until you know what to concentrate on/ what profession you want to master. Best school you can get into again. Door fly open for beast school graduates. Keep writing and working on things you enjoy as well. Also, it only takes one awesome woman to make you happy. If you do finally meet her, be nice to her. I was young and not nice to awesome women too often cuz I was stupid idiot that did stupid idiot things.

As far as me, I am in my thirties, single, no kids, and I obviously drink too much, but I love it, so thats all that matters. I sold my previous company and have been consulting in the Investment Management world and call myself retired even though I will have to go back to work at some point. I have been interviewing with larger companies in the industry and at some point will unretire and go work for on of them, when they decide I am awesome and want to pay me lots of money.

I have made many rich people much much richer. Most of them rant about poor people ruining the world and make no sense to me as they have boat loads of dough, and have no real issues, yet think poor people are the problem for exisiting. Its a head ache. Don't go into the Money Managment world unless you want to hear what Glen Beck said yesterday or Bill OReily each and every work day. Rich people are so discounted to reality of even the average person that it would make your head spin to hear what they say.

Greg Smith wasn't lying about Wall Street and the like. That is common talk throughout the entire financial service industry.
                Thanks man. I expect you learn more about the world your first couple years as a working adult than you ever have before.

Originally posted by Frankie_Dash View Post
                Ugh I can't stand that whole financial world unreality, I guess they don't realize they are the ones ruining the world with their fake economy. Until recently I was general manager of a bar in Toronto's financial district and having to deal with that kind of person all day everyday was one of the major reasons I stopped trying so i would get fired. Wife, kid + one on the way, all that fun stuff. Starting up what is going to be the best fantasy football website in the ENTIRE WORLD, hahaha. We will be launching on July 1st so it's constant work with that right now anyways. Part-time in the hospitality in the meantime to like pay bills and have money for smokables and such.
                Please post links and talk about it on here. Walt doesn't like spam, obviously, but he loves for people to promote their own projects, especially if they're football related.

Originally posted by Phatal View Post
                Trust me, it is not.
                Ha, 3+ years, and that's assuming I stay with my grade. But I bet it'll feel like it's gone by fast once I'm ready to start the process in my junior year.

Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                Jewish! Score! Lol not quite.

Comment

• Coaching/Writing

Right now im a student

Also Nas id you dont care about going to a super exspensive university you can slack off until your senior year and still get in..

Trust me I got into UTC with a 2.6 and I applied after december of my senior year
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nasmatic View Post
                    Ha, 3+ years, and that's assuming I stay with my grade. But I bet it'll feel like it's gone by fast once I'm ready to start the process in my junior year.
                    Yea junior year is when it all hit me, especially since that is when IB started. Where do you want to go?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Nasmatic;1323394]

Please post links and talk about it on here. Walt doesn't like spam, obviously, but he loves for people to promote their own projects, especially if they're football related.

I will once the actual site is further along, but front end will be ready soon. you can have a sneak peek of it here, just copy and paste into your browser: fantasyfootballpools.businessmedia.ca

Like these other guys have told you, get into something that you actually like, it makes all the difference in the world, I wasted soooo many years of my life just going along doing whatever when I knew all along that I wanted to do something that was related to sports. And enjoy the ride, so much good stuff happens along the way, you just have to take the lessons as they come. And since you are so young, don't worry about the people who are your peers now and what they think, when you "grow up" a very very small minority of them may actually still be your friends or even acquaintances so just do what you gotta do, for you.
                      Last edited by Frankie_Dash; 03-29-2012, 09:15 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• also remember that college is not the end of the world. I didn't go to college, (though i am doing a correspondence course now... very slowly). The only things that matters in the world are your happiness and cash flow. If you can finance your happiness (or put it off so you can be super happy later) and support it with cash flow then you are set.

As long as you do something you like then your happiness and cash flow go hand in hand then you are living the dream.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by speedel View Post
                          also remember that college is not the end of the world. I didn't go to college, (though i am doing a correspondence course now... very slowly). The only things that matters in the world are your happiness and cash flow. If you can finance your happiness (or put it off so you can be super happy later) and support it with cash flow then you are set.

As long as you do something you like then your happiness and cash flow go hand in hand then you are living the dream.
                          Very true. Lots of paths to get to where you want to be. If you do the college, go to the best school (highest ranked) possible, then get the best job possible. This will open so many doors later. You may not like them and may not go in them, but they are there as a choice.

Get work experience in your field before your Master's degree. Masters are specialized and the last thing you want is a masters in some field you hate.

Life is there, go get it. have fun. experience things. go crazy. go sane. Live it up. and like Frankie says, the path is never straight forward. So many twists and turns along the way.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Wow that dive by Perch was also disgusting

Oh so this isn't the Soccer Thread?
                            Last edited by McNulty; 04-01-2012, 01:39 PM.
                            Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                            The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                            THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                            THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                              Wow that dive by Perch was also disgusting

Oh so this isn't the Soccer Thread?
                              Lol I like how it took you half an hour to figure it out too. Please don't ban me sir.

Comment

• High school counselor. I'd love to work with teenagers who never learned **** from their parents.
                                http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X