BDL Owners Meeting 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDL Owners Meeting 2016

Proposals sorted into relevant categories for her pleasure.

Free Agency

1. When decreasing years in free agency, the total amount of money in the contract cannot be reduced. This replaces the previous rule for decreasing years in free agency.

2. When adding years in free agency, the yearly value of the additional year(s) must be at least 85% of the previous offer. This replaces the previous rule for adding years in free agency.

3. Reduce max contract length in free agency to 5 years. This does not apply to 3 Ups or contract offers sent to the contract committee.

4. 4 year deals must have a yearly value of at least $1000. 5 year deals must have a yearly value of at least $3000. 6 year deals must have a yearly value of $5000.

5. A team's active bids may not exceed the salary cap.

3 Ups

6. 3 Ups may only be exercised on players with 1 year or less remaining on their current contracts.

7. Players who are submitted to the contract committee as 3 Ups are not included in the free agent pool. However, if the contract committee and the team have not agreed on a 3 Up contract by the start of Shark Tank, then that player will be considered eligible for bidding in the Shark Tank.

Rosters

8. Once per calender year, a team can resign an already Signed player to 100% of their current NFL Salary with the contract matching remaining years on that deal. This rule cannot be used to reduce the BDL yearly salary of a player. For players not Signed, the owner will negotiate with the Committee as normal.

9. Eliminate the signed/locked status and allow all players to be freely tradeable at any time during the offseason or prior to the trade deadline. This would also eliminate the 3 Up and Over system.

9a. Eliminate locked status for RFAs/ERFAs.

10. Amend the Free Agent Cut rule so that only players who did not finish the season on an active NFL roster or Injured Reserve are eligible to be cut a year after their most recent game played.

Draft

11. Lottery system to determine top picks in the draft.

11a. Determine which picks are eligible for the lottery.

12. Compensatory picks added for players lost in free agency (details to be decided if/when proposal is passed).

Miscellaneous

13. The league year is defined as beginning with the first day of free agency and ending the day prior to the next free agency.

14. Replace BDL Commissioner with a committee to create a "rule book" and make rulings for disputes between owners during the season.

15. Approve contract committee and 3 Up rules (after all proposals from those sections have been voted upon).

16. Game results are decided by a percentage system based on the number of votes each team received.
    Last edited by Blue; 07-27-2016, 06:40 PM.
    Originally posted by jepg
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    Blue is right

I'm adding a couple of proposals:

1/ Eliminate the locked status for RFAs and ERFAs (in case proposal #8 is declined)
    2/ Allowing to trade for ERFA rights (I think it was declined in last year's meeting though)
    3/ Create a rule committee that would replace the current status of BDL commissioner. Its job would be to: 1/ redact a rule book that will be posted in the first post of the main thread. 2/ make rulings in specific situations (for example the situation last year with Swag)
    4/ When a team bids on a player in FA and go virtually over the cap, that bid is invalid.
    5/ Create a lottery for the top 5/6 picks
    CMD VI - Kansas City Chiefs

Matt Ryan, Justin Houston, Muhammad Wilkerson, Jeremy Maclin, Trent Williams, Evan Mathis, Justin Forsett, Sam Shields, Max Unger, Kyle Fuller, Timmy Jernigan, Aaron Williams, Geoff Schwartz, Robert Woods, Sio Moore, Jelani Jenkins, Matt Slauson, Husain Abdullah, Glenn Dorsey, Scott Chandler, Jonathan Newsome, Taylor Gabriel, Mike DeVito, Cortland Finnegan, Nate Irving, Roy Helu Jr, Mike Mohamed, John Kuhn, Nickell Robey, Jacoby Jones, Danieal Manning, Donald Stephenson

Comment

I would like to propose a light compensation system now that free agency will be normal again. This will make free agency slightly better, and award teams that get raided in FA.

Possible structure:

The original teams of the three biggest contracts in a Free Agency period gain a pick at the end of the 4th Round the following off-season.

The next three biggest contracts gain a 5th the following year, and so on.

3 Downed players would not be subject to compensation.

Players in the Shark Tank obviously wouldn't be included either.
      Last edited by football2ky; 07-15-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I think removing locked status from ERFAs and RFAs is enough, free agent signings and draft picks should probably stay locked.

I'm all for amending the free agency system, but I think someone comparing the old system to the proposed one would be nice.

Comment

I'd rather just be able to cut RFA/ERFA and having to pay the contract. I'm fine with not being able to trade them year one
          A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

Also the game randomization outcome thing where percentages are based on votes is something I'd want to propose

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Owners Meeting has been open for almost a week, but I guess I'll get things officially underway.

First things first, we have a pressing issue: Sancho has not been online since June 1st. Perhaps he simply doesn't care about BDL Summer Fun and he'll be back before the season, but with the Owners Meeting topics requiring a simple majority of owners to pass anything, we don't really have the luxury to hope for the best. I would like to nominate XMad, with an assistant owner of Tbod or someone else, to take over Auckland until/if Sancho comes back, with the power of making trades and signing players.

Yea - 1 - Blue
              Nay - 0 -
              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
              Blue is right

Comment

Signing players yes making trades no. Let's not deviate too much from what we did with other interim owners. But if Sancho isn't back week 1 then I'm on board
                CMD VI - Kansas City Chiefs

Matt Ryan, Justin Houston, Muhammad Wilkerson, Jeremy Maclin, Trent Williams, Evan Mathis, Justin Forsett, Sam Shields, Max Unger, Kyle Fuller, Timmy Jernigan, Aaron Williams, Geoff Schwartz, Robert Woods, Sio Moore, Jelani Jenkins, Matt Slauson, Husain Abdullah, Glenn Dorsey, Scott Chandler, Jonathan Newsome, Taylor Gabriel, Mike DeVito, Cortland Finnegan, Nate Irving, Roy Helu Jr, Mike Mohamed, John Kuhn, Nickell Robey, Jacoby Jones, Danieal Manning, Donald Stephenson

Comment

What Ted said til week one, then he can trade however much he wants
                  A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

Approve Xmad
                    pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

Approve Xmad

Comment

Originally posted by football2ky View Post
                        I would like to propose a light compensation system now that free agency will be normal again. This will make free agency slightly better, and award teams that get raided in FA.

Possible structure:

The original teams of the three biggest contracts in a Free Agency period gain a pick at the end of the 4th Round the following off-season.

The next three biggest contracts gain a 5th the following year, and so on.

3 Downed players would not be subject to compensation.

Players in the Shark Tank obviously wouldn't be included either.
                        Haven't heard any thoughts on this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by football2ky View Post
                          Haven't heard any thoughts on this yet.
                          Personally I think there should be less draft picks not more. I've been in favor of reducing the draft to 5 rounds and then maybe adding a 3rd round of PFA Scramble.

Teams don't need compensation for losing FA's if you manage your cap space right.

Comment

Yeah and unnecessary complication. Compensation for losing FA's in BDL doesn't make sense because players have no choice in where they want to play in the BDL landscape and can always be 3 upped.

I'm cool with the # of rounds right now

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Originally posted by SirA View Post
                              Personally I think there should be less draft picks not more. I've been in favor of reducing the draft to 5 rounds and then maybe adding a 3rd round of PFA Scramble.

Teams don't need compensation for losing FA's if you manage your cap space right.
                              You realize that this would improve the quality of the free agency market right? We could lower the pick amounts to two at the end of the round though.

Rofl I don't understand how this is at all complicated, unless your reported.

I'd argue with 3 Ups it would make even more sense to add comp picks in.

Comment

Working...
                              X