BDL Future Strategy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDL Future Strategy Discussion Thread

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, set and drive the future strategy of the BDL.

Previously owners have only focused on running their teams however co-operation and active contribution is required from all owners to ensure the BDL continues and thrives.

Aim

TBD

Options for the Future (to be added to)
    Migration to another forum
    Migration to another popular website
    Create own website for BDL

Increase Regular Leagues Visitors (to be added to)
    Advertise in other forums
    Social media presence
    YouTube channel / personality

Proposed Actions
    Agree an aim for the league
    Discuss options for the future direction of the BDL
    Agree a way forwards, deciding on an option or set of options
    Create project schedule to achieve aim via options
    Go/No Go Decision

Comment

A YouTube channel for this debacle would be incredible. I'm laughing already.

Comment

Some ideas are extremes but with some of the crap I've heard is on there Im sure someone will watch haha!

Comment

Originally posted by JLash View Post
          A YouTube channel for this debacle would be incredible. I'm laughing already.
          Same. I nominate PR.
          Originally posted by jepg
          I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
          Blue is right

Comment

I think the first thing we need to get out of the way if we are going to have this discussion is that everyone needs to be 100% honest on their level of commitment to at least this next season. I think one of the biggest headaches we could encounter would be for an owner to disappear while we are in the middle of this transition. I am 100% committed to this next season and I'm willing to take on some of the work required for a migration.

Comment

PR for youtube is a no brainer.
              And I'm in for the foreseeable future.
              I think that unless we can get Walt or Charlie to help discuss BDL, improve the forums, and take steps in increase regulars again...we need to look at another website/forum. I think somewhere like the 2+2 forums(not that one, but one like it) would work well. It has a sports forum, it's not a team specific forum, and there is a very nice group of regulars with the occasional person dropping in.

Comment

I'm in. The **** I've been dealing with for the past year and I've been able to keep up with it? bdl4lyfe

Comment

I'm in for whatever we decide
                  A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

I've been here since the beginning, no plans on ditching y'all.
                    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                    Blue is right

Comment

In. This is really the only forum I visit on the Interwebz, so I don't really know what else is out there. I think if we migrate, it should be a football centric site, not a general site that has a football forum. Just with a quick google search, Football's Future comes up first for "NFL Forum." Just perusing their main forum, they have about 20 topics that have been commented on just today.
                      pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                        In. This is really the only forum I visit on the Interwebz, so I don't really know what else is out there. I think if we migrate, it should be a football centric site, not a general site that has a football forum. Just with a quick google search, Football's Future comes up first for "NFL Forum." Just perusing their main forum, they have about 20 topics that have been commented on just today.
                        I'll check that out when I get home but that sounds promising.

Comment

I can't wait to just show up somewhere on a site and just take it over with our stuff...lol
                          A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

I just took a look and made an account. Activation can take 3-5 days for an admin to approve the pending account. Not a big deal.

Comment

We can make a subreddit too

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Working...
                              X