BDL Future Strategy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post

So he has no issue with us essentially BDL-spamming that part of the forum?
    I'll PM you my first message to him where I explained the league.

Comment

Originally posted by JLash View Post

I'll PM you my first message to him where I explained the league.
      Gotcha. I'd be sure to explain that they are looking at 4 threads we would hope to have permanently stickied each year as well as 8 game threads each week. Not counting FA, draft, etc. threads.

Comment

Gotcha. I'd be sure to explain that they are looking at 4 threads we would hope to have permanently stickied each year as well as 8 game threads each week. Not counting FA, draft, etc. threads.
        We can worry about the stickied threads what not when/if we decide to move. Go look at the sub forum I'm talking about. It's on the "other sports" section in the "Fantasy/Sim/GM leagues" title. Not a crazy amount of activity so I can't imagine the people posting there will be up in arms, and if people are willing to take on co owners it should make it seem less invasive.

Comment

We can worry about the stickied threads what not when/if we decide to move. Go look at the sub forum I'm talking about. It's on the "other sports" section in the "Fantasy/Sim/GM leagues" title. Not a crazy amount of activity so I can't imagine the people posting there will be up in arms, and if people are willing to take on co owners it should make it seem less invasive.
          Looking at it, it doesn't seem like there's too much traffic. Enough that some people may want to come vote or be co-owners, but not so much that posts will get lost.

I'd still see if the mod will sticky some of these threads for us. You could always link them to here to show them how addictively we post about BDL so they see that the rise in site hits will be worth accommodating us.

Comment

Looking at it, it doesn't seem like there's too much traffic. Enough that some people may want to come vote or be co-owners, but not so much that posts will get lost.

I'd still see if the mod will sticky some of these threads for us. You could always link them to here to show them how addictively we post about BDL so they see that the rise in site hits will be worth accommodating us.

Exactly, so even if there was some resistance to being stickied, I don't think we'd lose track of threads.

Comment

Exactly, so even if there was some resistance to being stickied, I don't think we'd lose track of threads.
              We could always combine some of our stickied threads too.

Comment

Ok guys, I've been thinking. I think that we have someone(prolly JLash as he has contacted them already) about an official move to football's future. I think that at least for next year, the mix of autonomy, prospective co-owner's, and a superior forum make it the best move.

We would want to see if we could get at least two stickied threads as a minimum in the fantasy/sim/GM leagues forum. Also see if they can give us any idea of how many people view that forum. if we post, and they view, I'm sure we will get some more participation.

That said, I would also suggest we set up a subreddit to be full-go by 2018 in case the first move doesn't work. Maybe have links to the forum in case redditors look at it.

I would also suggest we draft a PM to Walt. We have been here a while and I think it only proper we give him a heads up that we are all about to leave. Hell, BDL is a large portion of the posters across the forum. If he would be willing to improve the forum/advocate for forum posting more, we may decide to give WF one more year out of loyalty.

Those are my initial thoughts. I'd say a message to Walt and unless he promises to really push his readers to join/post in the forum at the least, we move to football's future for next year.

Comment

Walt doesn't care, let's blow this pop stand.
                  pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

Their avatar restrictions are uncool.
                    Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmadraven View Post
                      Their avatar restrictions are uncool.
                      It says certain things on their guidelines, like no animated avi's but there's plenty of people with them. Hell, the main admin has an animated one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLash View Post

It says certain things on their guidelines, like no animated avi's but there's plenty of people with them. Hell, the main admin has an animated one.

We'll see I guess.
                        Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

Working...
                        X