This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDL 2016 Divisonal Week 16: Wichita Woodpeckers @ Camden Hood Rats

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
    One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.
    Wichita Woodpeckers
    23.08%
    Camden Hood Rats
    76.92%

The poll is expired.

Wichita Woodpeckers

QB: Philip Rivers
    WR: Dez Bryant
    WR: Emanuel Sanders
    WR: Cole Beasley
    WR: Kenny Stills
    TE: Greg Olsen
    LT: King Dunlap
    LG: Kelechi Osemele
    C: Spencer Long
    RG: Kelvin Beachum
    RT: Rob Havenstein

RB: Ryan Mathews
    RB: Tim Hightower
    RB: Rashard Jennings
    WR: DeVante Parker
    TE: Cameron Brate
    OL: Mark Glowinsi
    OL: Graham Gasglow
    OL: Garry Gilliam

DE: Olivier Vernon
    DT: Kyle Williams
    DT: Nick Fairley
    DE: Brandon Graham
    LB: Sean Lee
    LB: Paul Posluszny
    CB: David Amerson
    FS: Harrison Smith
    SS: Ron Parker
    NCB: William Gay
    CB: Brent Grimes

DE: Willie Young
    DT: Corey Peters
    DT: A'Shawn Robinson
    LB: Todd Davis
    LB: Corey Nelson
    CB: Brian Poole
    CB: Daryl Worley
    S: Vonn Bell

Camden Hood Rats

QB- Drew Brees
    RB- Devonta Freeman
    WR- Odell Beckham Jr
    WR- Mike Evans
    WR- Randall Cobb
    TE- Brent Celek
    LT- Tyron Smith
    LG- Ronald Leary
    C- Jason Kelce
    RG- Allen Barbre
    RT- Taylor Decker
    WR- Paul Richardson
    TE- Jerell Adams
    OL- Rick Wagner
    OL- Xavier Su'a-Filo
    OL- T.J. Johnson

DE- Chandler Jones
    DT- Akiem Hicks
    DT- Grady Jarrett
    DE- Michael Bennett
    LB- Lawrence Timmons
    CB- Aqib Talib
    CB- Vernon Hargreaves
    CB- Logan Ryan
    S- George Iloka
    S- Mike Mitchell
    S- Kevin Byard
    LB- Anthony Barr
    LB- Jake Ryan
    CB- Nolan Carroll
    CB- Justin Bethel
    DL- Brandon Williams

Comment

Wichita

Offense:
      There are two areas that Camden lacks on defense: 1. A consistent pass rush beyond Jones (who has disappeared the past few weeks) and Ayers, and 2.Quality secondary players beyond Aqib Talib.

Thus this week's offense will look to take advantage of both fronts by featuring an up tempo no huddle air raid offense. This does not mean we are abandoning the run by any means. We do not want to be one dimensional and will see some 2 TE looks and 3 WR looks to provide additional opportunities for running the ball, but to best attack Camden's offense we will be spreading the ball around through the air to the litany of weapons at our disposal.

As we expect Talib to shadow Bryant throughout the day, to get him some open looks we will be moving him around the offense per usual (to the slot for example) where Talib isn't as accustomed to playing. Matchups to look at as the game progresses are: 1. Sanders vs. Hargreaves 2. Beasley versus Ryan and Stills versus Carroll which are all plus matchups for our team. Running four WRs and a TE adds the bonus effect that it clears out the middle of the field save one of Timmons/Barr who are not great in coverage as it is. This allows for Olsen to get open in the middle of the field, as well as opens up the underneath and crossing routes for Beasley/Stills. Additionally we will be testing their deep coverage skills this game with burners Stills and Sanders playing on the offense which should pull some safety coverage or Camden will be burned deep.

To provide extra protection against Jones (as Bennett has been a no-show this season) Olsen will chip before his route which is fine as he again will have plus match up against both LBers regardless.

In the red zone we will feature some more 2 TE sets to attack those coverage LBers with Olsen and Brate.

By keeping it uptempo and no huddle we keep Camden's defense on the field, and take away their depth on d-line.

Defense:
      Four man rush from the d-line with situational fifth from the LB/CB/S position to keep the aging Brees on his toes this week. As we do not fear Virgil Green, Lee and Posluszny will be dropping into zone to help stave off Freeman as they are both elite run stuffers and will close any gaps that Camden tries to utilize. This will also neutralize the over the middle passes that Camden likes to lean on as there will be two men ready to pick off his pass. In coverage Amerson and Smith will be bracket coveraging OBJ off the line. Grimes gets IRL team mate Evans while Gay pulls a plus matchup of Cobb whom has taken a step back this year in production. Parker will be playing back if Evans/Cobb are sent on vert routes.

We will rotate in depth to keep our pass rush fresh in Young/Peters/Robinson. We will bring in Todd Davis on short yardage running downs to provide an extra run stuffer in the middle of the defense.

Camden

Offense
      The two main keys for us today versus Wichita are tempo and volume.

Tempo- We want to keep this game moving for a couple reasons. 1 is to get this offense in a rhythm early. We're going to be more pass oriented like we usually are, but even on run plays we're getting to the line and snapping the ball. We're going to be running lots of off tackle plays and sweeps with Freeman and a healthy Sproles. We want our big tackles leaning on these defensive ends in the run game early and often. The second thing is tempo will also allow us to wear out a defense that isn't particularly flush with depth. Wichita's two starting ends are good players, but they win more on effort and technique than pure physical talent and we're hoping that only having 1 other DE behind them to rotate in will slowly but surely start to take it's toll on those guys.

Volume- We're emphasizing volume as our second key today because we have two special talents on the outside, that can't be denied. There's a good chance any time either Beckham or Evans touch the ball it can be a score, and even though we respect the secondary of Wichita they can't hang with us all game, and that's why getting these two as many touches as possible will be the route we take. We'll feed them the ball all day any time they want to play them in single coverage. If they decide to get crazy and double both my outside threats, we'll bring in LaFell/Boldin to work with Cobb on the interior of a Wichita defense spending all it's resources on the outside. We'll also get Sproles and Freeman involved in the passing game plenty.

Defense
      We respect the variety of weapons Wichita has, they were able to beat LV by spreading the defense out and that would probably be their best chance to win here as well. So like on offense, we have two keys to this game that we think can win us this phase and that isolation and confusion.

Isolation- We'll put Talib on Dez the entire game. If Dez goes to the locker room to get taped up, Talib is going with him. I'd expect around 3 fights this game between those two, and that's Talib's favorite kind of game. I'd also expect Dez to lose his cool and be taken out of this game mentally as well as statistically.

Confusion- So with Dez being singled up, Rivers still has a variety of guys to throw to. So we'll come out in what looks like a standard dime defense, but we'll bring out 3 safeties who are all relatively big, but also versatile for their positions so the 3 of them will rotate between these 3 main responsibilities.
      1- In the box, next to Timmons/Barr/Ryan to help in run support, covering RB's and TE's
      2- Deep help, shading one side in case Sanders/Still break loose over the top
      3- Wild card. May be blitzing, may be filling in duties for a LB or the other S to blitz and finally to come in and cut off underneath routes if Rivers just wants to dink and dunk

By switching up what these guys are doing and where they're going all game we hope to keep Rivers guessing in the air.

As usual we'll have a heavy rotation going with our pass rushers. We feel we have a big advantage against this offensive line, straight up against these tackles and the fact that Wichita is starting a LT at RG we think we can bring big pressure on Rivers, especially when Bennett kicks inside and one of the other pass rushes slides in next to him.

In the run game, Mathews is an ok player, he takes what he's given like Rob Kelley last week but we aren't planning to give him much.

Comment

There are two areas that Camden lacks on defense: 1. A consistent pass rush beyond Jones
        Dude....you serious? Look at my rotation of DE's aside from Jones.

Michael Bennett has 3 sacks this year, but he was hurt midseason and has been playing well since he came back

Brian Orakpo 10.5 sacks this year

Dee Ford 10 sacks this year

Yannick Ngakoue 6 sacks and 4 forced fumbles

And my defensive tackle Akiem Hicks has 7 sacks, only 1.5 sacks less than your best pass rusher, and 1.5 sacks more than Brandon Graham.

I don't lack pass rush, in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by JLash View Post

Dude....you serious? Look at my rotation of DE's aside from Jones.

Michael Bennett has 3 sacks this year, but he was hurt midseason and has been playing well since he came back

Brian Orakpo 10.5 sacks this year

Dee Ford 10 sacks this year

Yannick Ngakoue 6 sacks and 4 forced fumbles

And my defensive tackle Akiem Hicks has 7 sacks, only 1.5 sacks less than your best pass rusher, and 1.5 sacks more than Brandon Graham.

I don't lack pass rush, in the slightest.
          We are uptempo and no huddle which keeps your defensive line depth from seeing much play and when I said Ayers I meant Hicks. Akeem Ayers/Hicks lol
          Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

Dunlap inactive:

Osemele kicks outside to LT, Glowinski starts at LG.
            Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

Cobb inactive. Next man up is Boldin right JLash?

- Noah Porter

Comment

Boldin/LaFell are both getting plenty of run so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

You guys see Dee Ford playing piano tonight? Should get credit for being so multi talented.

Comment

You guys see Dee Ford playing piano tonight? Should get credit for being so multi talented.
                    So much credit you have him coming in the game of your defensive depth Uptempo No Huddle for the win homje

- Noah Porter

Comment

Originally posted by PR View Post

So much credit you have him coming in the game of your defensive depth Uptempo No Huddle for the win homje
                      No huddle when my two starting ends had 3 sacks and 8 hurries. No huddle with a make shift offensive line against a good defensive line with no help in the backfield to protect Rivers. For the loss hoooomie.

Comment

Also, you act like "up tempo" means I'll never get a sub in ever. Which is wrong. And when I do get a sub in, your offensive tackles better be praying to baby jesus because I have fresh pass rushers coming in to cause havoc against them. Poor Rivers with no one back there to help him.

Comment

Also, you act like "up tempo" means I'll never get a sub in ever. Which is wrong. And when I do get a sub in, your offensive tackles better be praying to baby jesus because I have fresh pass rushers coming in to cause havoc against them. Poor Rivers with no one back there to help him.
                          Osemele will solidify Rivers blindside And I got chip blocks on the other. Boom.

- Noah Porter

Comment

Originally posted by PR View Post

Osemele will solidify Rivers blindside And I got chip blocks on the other. Boom.
                            Boom nothing man. Osemele has played guard all year and 99% of his career and you throw him in last minute against Chandler Jones. Plus Bilbo Blowinski going against Akiem Hicks. You've officially sacrificed Ole Phil.

Comment

Wichita ability to pressure the opposing QB while rushing only 4 is its greatest strength. And I think defensively they do a decent job though LaFell could have a good day with both safeties focused outside. I also like Camden running game here: they won't gash Wichita solid run D, but Freeman is a very good RB and Camden OL has some good parts (especially their LT) so I think they have a decent day.

Unfortunately for the Woodpeckers their OL is a mess and Camden has one of the best pass rush in the league. While I could see their weapons get open fairly consistently, I don't know if Rivers can get them the ball in time. I expect some turnovers too.

Camden pulls away in the 4th, 37-24
                              Last edited by TedLavie; 12-26-2016, 04:45 AM.
                              CMD VI - Kansas City Chiefs

Matt Ryan, Justin Houston, Muhammad Wilkerson, Jeremy Maclin, Trent Williams, Evan Mathis, Justin Forsett, Sam Shields, Max Unger, Kyle Fuller, Timmy Jernigan, Aaron Williams, Geoff Schwartz, Robert Woods, Sio Moore, Jelani Jenkins, Matt Slauson, Husain Abdullah, Glenn Dorsey, Scott Chandler, Jonathan Newsome, Taylor Gabriel, Mike DeVito, Cortland Finnegan, Nate Irving, Roy Helu Jr, Mike Mohamed, John Kuhn, Nickell Robey, Jacoby Jones, Danieal Manning, Donald Stephenson

Comment

Working...
                              X