BDL 2017 Winter Meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDL 2017 Winter Meeting

This will hopefully not take too long just trying to hash out a few things before we migrate.

1. Increase BDL Salary Cap from $165,000 to $170,000.

Topic #1 Salary Cap Increase from $165K to $170K.
    Approved (10) : SirA, MD4L, Pheltz, XMad. PR, Bcb, Taylor, Dingo, JLash, Whicker
    Declined (3) : Blue, Ted, Footsy

2. Nominate and create the Rules Committee that was agreed upon during the 2016 Summer Meetings.

Topic #2 Confirm JLash, Ted and Bcb for Rules Committee.
    Approved (9) SirA, Pheltz, Rags, Jlash, Dingo, MD4L, XMad, Whicker, bcb

3. Confirm positions for 2017. Draft, Schedule, Roster Sheet, Game Threads, Waivers.

4. Confirm Owner commitment to a Migration to a different Platform for BDL. Set a date for Migration. See about consolidating some of the threads to minimize footprint on another website.

5. Discuss possible schedule change to remove Week 17 concerns for the Bizzbowl. This could involve anything from starting a week early to shortening the playoffs/playoff teams/Bye's. Discussion necessary.

6. Expand 3 Up and over options (MD4L).

Anything else that seems relevant is up for discussion but this is more for cleaning things up and getting our ducks in a row so we move forward with a clear goal of what the BDL Future will be.
    Last edited by SirA; 01-26-2017, 06:55 AM.

1. Approve

Comment

1. Why increase only $5,000 more?

Comment

Teams should have an ability to utilize a 3 UP & Over more than one time. I support having a 3 UP & Over system which allows teams to trade a player and sign one from another team.

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
          1. Why increase only $5,000 more?
          We haven't had an increase in a while and the new NFL Cap is supposed to reach upwards of $165M this year, which is where we are at now. No need to go too far overboard IMO and it's the number I believe Blue proposed.

$5,000 is probably a good increase for the next 2 years.

Comment

I'm going to vote No on increasing the cap, at least for now. Looking at the cap space spreadsheet, I don't see a huge need to increase our cap.

Did we decide on a number of people for the Rules Committee? I would nominate JLash, TedLavie, and bcb to start with.

No opinion on the positions. Anybody want to hand off the stuff they were in charge of this past year?

Football's Future and Reddit are both ultimately fine with me. I will go along with whomever has strong opinions there.

What are the issues with the BizzBowl date as-is? I don't have a particular problem with it, but evidently other people do?
            Originally posted by jepg
            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
            Blue is right

Comment

Teams should have an ability to utilize a 3 UP & Over more than one time. I support having a 3 UP & Over system which allows teams to trade a player and sign one from another team.
              Currently the Rule does allow both teams to Include a UFA player in a 3 Up and Over. Why limit it to 2/3 of the 3 Ups? We could simplify things and make it 85% it you sign your own player or 100% if you trade for another.

Comment

I'm opposed to having 3 Up and Over at all. I will in no way support broadening it.
                I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                Blue is right

Comment

Approve number 1

Originally posted by SirA View Post

Currently the Rule does allow both teams to Include a UFA player in a 3 Up and Over. Why limit it to 2/3 of the 3 Ups? We could simplify things and make it 85% it you sign your own player or 100% if you trade for another.
                  I support this. This should be implemented during the winter meetings.

Comment

Approve number 1

I support this. This should be implemented during the winter meetings.
                    OK I'll add it to the docket. We should probably take things one at a time though.

The reason I support the Salary Cap Increase is because we've tried to create a system with Higher Salaries to somewhat mirror the increases in the NFL. More teams bumped up against the cap limit this past year than ever before.

Comment

Approve 1

Brian Winters just got a 4/$32mil deal IRL. That should give an idea of where RL contracts are going. But Jets, so who knows.
                      pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

Topic #1 Salary Cap Increase from $165K to $170K.
                        Approved: SirA, MD4L, Phelz
                        Declined: Blue

Comment

Yeah but that should only be usable once, 3ups are mostly for keeping your talent not trading assets away for other people's talent.

Approve #1

As far as Football's Future or Reddit, Football's future would ultimately suit our needs better (and solve our biggest problem) but Reddit gives us 100% control.

I'd suggest a mixture of the two of some combination.
                          Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

Reject #1. I'm with Blue here. The issue can be reviewed next year though
                            CMD VI - Kansas City Chiefs

Matt Ryan, Justin Houston, Muhammad Wilkerson, Jeremy Maclin, Trent Williams, Evan Mathis, Justin Forsett, Sam Shields, Max Unger, Kyle Fuller, Timmy Jernigan, Aaron Williams, Geoff Schwartz, Robert Woods, Sio Moore, Jelani Jenkins, Matt Slauson, Husain Abdullah, Glenn Dorsey, Scott Chandler, Jonathan Newsome, Taylor Gabriel, Mike DeVito, Cortland Finnegan, Nate Irving, Roy Helu Jr, Mike Mohamed, John Kuhn, Nickell Robey, Jacoby Jones, Danieal Manning, Donald Stephenson

Comment

Reject #1

Normally I'd say we should be as close to the NFL salary cap as possible, But with the expanded rosters of 70 (Which IMO is a little too much) we should keep it where it is.

In fact I think we should reduce the Roster limit from 70 to 63 (53 Man RL roster+ 10 man practice squad) but that's just my two dimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X