Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there ever proof of the alt account being linked to Footy?

Comment

• Originally posted by JLash View Post
      Was there ever proof of the alt account being linked to Footy?
      No. He never posted on the forums, only voted the one week, and Footsy was the only one I remember pushing for the votes to count. Maybe someone else did, I can't honestly say he was the only one.

But if I was a betting man, I'd put a lot of money on somebody in the league trying out a forum alt with an attached Twitter account to see if it would slide. After all, if it was a real person, why would they just vote the one week? Why wouldn't they post on the forums at all? How did they even find a league if it was a rando, and if they knew someone in the league, why wouldn't they just tell their friend to post something to confirm they're real?

The whole situation was sketchy as hell, and the fact that Footsy tried to fight for the votes to count was a bad look no matter what you think was really going on.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Blue is right

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post

Well, then maybe we should make a rule that is something like, "Any gross misconduct in the handling or owning of a team can result in penalties up to, and including, loss of cap space, loss of draft picks, and removal as an owner. An accusation of gross misconduct must be brought and seconded by owners from two different teams which will lead to a vote on whether gross misconduct occurred and, if successful, an appropriate punishment."

That should cover any loopholes.
        this is stupid. no

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post

There is no question in the present that such behavior is unacceptable.

Since you can't seem to figure it out on your own, what you're doing is setting the precedent that the league can't, say, kick someone out because they used an alt account to vote twice last year since there wasn't a rule against it at the time.

What you're also doing is making the egregious mistake of thinking that the people this applies to give one **** about the rules. They will simply feign ignorance or argue that what they did wasn't hurting anyone, and half the league will buy it. Then you have people like JLash who argue that people who consistently turn in late writeups or tanking can't be kicked out because other people did it before and nothing happened to them.

In any case, Footsy will just cry his alligator tears, offer his "heartfelt" apology, promise to never do it again, and then do it again as soon as he feels like he can get away with it. That is exactly what he did every time we threatened to kick him out over tanking, and it is what he will continue to do because he's an unrepentant piece of **** who doesn't think anything he's done is wrong, up to and including accusing me of trying to screw over his trade by asking his partner if he knew the 3 Up and Over rules.

The league doesn't need more rules. It needs better members. If you can't find someone who can respect the league's rules and fellow members on the new forum, then what was the goddamn point of moving at all?

And why should anyone even believe you would ever actually invoke that rule? The league refused to do anything about Footsy's tanking for years, and even now you won't take any action against him or Rofl for explicitly doing it. You're just putting in more rules that ultimately won't matter because they'll just find a way around it, like starting Jay Cutler at QB over Russell Wilson. Why should anyone trust you to ever actually enforce this rule, anyways? You allowed a veto-able trade to pass the committee because of a stupid promise whose only payoff is that you got to "hold it over Footsy" if (when) he broke it, which he never cared about. Great job putting your personal amusement over the fairness of the league.

He did this last year. He doesn't care what happens in the offseason.
          What you're also doing is making the egregious mistake of thinking that the people this applies to give one **** about the rules. They will simply feign ignorance or argue that what they did wasn't hurting anyone, and half the league will buy it. Then you have people like JLash who argue that people who consistently turn in late writeups or tanking can't be kicked out because other people did it before and nothing happened to them.
          Which is why rules are now being established to punish that sort of behavior

And why should anyone even believe you would ever actually invoke that rule?
          Because the rule is pretty straightforward? If someone misses a writeup/vote, their capspace/draftpick whatever will be adjusted accordingly.

Also Cutler was my QB, and Russ was Footy's. Cutler vs Dalton is also not a very clear distinction of abilities. Not sure how that is equivalent to "tanking"

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post

Which is why rules are now being established to punish that sort of behavior

Because the rule is pretty straightforward? If someone misses a writeup/vote, their capspace/draftpick whatever will be adjusted accordingly.

Also Cutler was my QB, and Russ was Footy's. Cutler vs Dalton is also not a very clear distinction of abilities. Not sure how that is equivalent to "tanking"
            Except you won't. One or two people actively trying to lose is not good for the league. You don't need a rule to punish them for that, you never did, and you never will. I'm saying that "things that are bad for the league will be punished" shouldn't need to be spelled out.

For the exact reasons I just spelled out and you ignored. They'll pull a "sorry, it was an emergency and I didn't have time to get online" excuse. Or they'll argue semantics about how one of those times shouldn't count. Or they'll complain that someone else did something vaguely related and that person wasn't punished for that thing. And the league will let it go because the league as a whole doesn't have the balls to enforce its own rules. For the record, I proposed setting cap or draft pick penalties for tanking each of the past two offseasons and got crickets from the rest of the league on the topic. So my problem isn't with the proposal, it's that I don't believe for a second that any of you are willing to follow through on it.

It was a hypothetical example. Although if you want me to bring up an example that actually happened, Xmad repeatedly played Kirk Cousins over Andrew Luck when he took over Dublin two seasons ago. You know what punishment the league handed out for that? Xmad got his own team! And he was allowed to make trades almost immediately! Really tough move by the league, there.

Blue is right

Comment

Except you won't. One or two people actively trying to lose is not good for the league. You don't need a rule to punish them for that, you never did, and you never will. I'm saying that "things that are bad for the league will be punished" shouldn't need to be spelled out.

For the exact reasons I just spelled out and you ignored. They'll pull a "sorry, it was an emergency and I didn't have time to get online" excuse. Or they'll argue semantics about how one of those times shouldn't count. Or they'll complain that someone else did something vaguely related and that person wasn't punished for that thing. And the league will let it go because the league as a whole doesn't have the balls to enforce its own rules. For the record, I proposed setting cap or draft pick penalties for tanking each of the past two offseasons and got crickets from the rest of the league on the topic. So my problem isn't with the proposal, it's that I don't believe for a second that any of you are willing to follow through on it.

It was a hypothetical example. Although if you want me to bring up an example that actually happened, Xmad repeatedly played Kirk Cousins over Andrew Luck when he took over Dublin two seasons ago. You know what punishment the league handed out for that? Xmad got his own team! And he was allowed to make trades almost immediately! Really tough move by the league, there.
              They let me trade immediately too.

Comment

• Originally posted by DingoLad View Post

They let me trade immediately too.
                Which also shouldn't have happened.

Blue is right

Comment

• So to sum up:

We shouldn't have rules, because everyone should just know to follow the rules that we don't have. And the fact that we're trying to institute the rules that we don't have that people should follow means Footy should get kicked out. Cool.

Now, what topic were we on, so we can stop holding this all up?

Comment

Getting my own team was the punishment, punishment to the rest of the league.

Originally posted by JLash View Post
                    So to sum up:

We shouldn't have rules, because everyone should just know to follow the rules that we don't have. And the fact that we're trying to institute the rules that we don't have that people should follow means Footy should get kicked out. Cool.

We were discussing this nonsense and whether anyone else had any other proposals before we close the meeting.

Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

So to sum up:

Yes, let's grossly misrepresent what I said so you don't have to face the fact that no one in this league has the balls to uphold the rules. Seems legit.

Blue is right

Comment

Yes, let's grossly misrepresent what I said so you don't have to face the fact that no one in this league has the balls to uphold the rules. Seems legit.
                        I'm gonna go on a limb and assume you've never been in a relationship before, but I'll give you some advice. When you walk away from them, don't keep bothering them, just let it be. Move on if you're unhappy, it's best for everyone. Let us figure our own stuff out.

Comment

I'm gonna go on a limb and assume you've never been in a relationship before, but I'll give you some advice. When you walk away from them, don't keep bothering them, just let it be. Move on if you're unhappy, it's best for everyone. Let us figure our own stuff out.
                          Nah, I want to enjoy every last second of "I told you so" when Footsy finds new and exciting ways to blatantly ignore the rules for his personal benefit.

Blue is right

Comment

Since you can't seem to figure it out on your own, what you're doing is setting the precedent that the league can't, say, kick someone out because they used an alt account to vote twice last year since there wasn't a rule against it at the time.
                            When did this alt account take place?

Comment

Nah, I want to enjoy every last second of "I told you so" when Footsy finds new and exciting ways to blatantly ignore the rules for his personal benefit.
                              Welcome to the new forum then I guess?
                              Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Originally posted by PR View Post

Welcome to the new forum then I guess?
                                You don't want me to come to the new forum.

Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                                X