No announcement yet.

Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please God, allow the Lions to draft Okung. Please.
    I want to see Matt Stafford succeed in the NFL. Ever since last year, I've become sort of a Detroit Lions fan. I wish for them to succeed now. It actually hurts me when I see them lose, and I was positively elated when they won hat Browns game.
    Now then, the list of problems for the Lions is long, but Okung would be a great start

Comment

Comment

Playing GM of the Lions Let me know what you think and how I did

I love my lions and played lions GM for a day how did I do? Could you comment on this and let me know if this is even possible/likelihood of these senarios? Also after review and coming up with what you think is possible out of this list let me know what you would think of this team, and how it would far thanks Todd

Players By round and Position

saftey = delmas/ Taylor Mays (1-2) nate allen (2-3) Reshad Jones (2-3) myron rolle (4-5) Cody Grimm (6-7)

CB Brandon Ghee (2-3) Brian Jackson (5-6) Crezdon Butler (6-7)

RB Ben Tate, Auburn (3-4) LeGarrette Blount, Oregon (4-5)

WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati (2-3) Jacoby Ford, Clemson (3-4) Taylor Price (3-4) Blair White (4-5) Antonio Brown (5-6)

DT Ndamukong Suh (1) Gerald McCoy (1) Brian Price (1-2) Geno Atkins (2) Lamarr Houston (2) Cam Thomas (2-3) Linval Joseph (3-4) Jeff Owens (4-5)

DE Jason Pierre-Paul (1) Derrick Morgan (1) Brandon Graham (2) Everson Griffen (3-4)

OT Bruce Campbell(1) russell okung (1) jared Veldheer (2-3)

G Mike Iupati(1-2) Vladimir Ducasse (2-3) Mitch Petrus (3-4)Brandon Carter (5-6)

Free Agency do what it takes to get Vanden Bosh, Aaron Kampman and Antrel Rolle I would also be willing to give Maurice or smith and a round 5 pick for Cromartie I would also look at chester Taylor and Thomas Jones trying to sign atleast one of them at RB. At WR I would try to get Antonio Bryant and Kassim Osgood. At LB I would look at Keith Bulluck and then at saftey I would look to Ryan Clark Lastly I would try to get Dunta Robinson at CB.

Draft I would try to Trade our #2 pick and get a 1, 2, and 4 for it.

Round one pick I would take Suh if availible, then Pierre-Paul then Brian Price, campbell and Iupati
        Round two try to trade it for a 2 and a 3
        Round 2 I would pick in this order Brian Price, Iupati, Graham, Ducasse, Veldheer, allen, Mays, Jones
        Round 3 I would get Ghee, Allen, Gilyard, Tate(RB) Ford, Griffen, and Blount(RB), Thomas
        Round 4 I would go after Petrus, Griffen, Jacoby Ford, Myron Rolle
        Round 5 go for White, Jackson, Rolle, Owens, Brown, Carter
        Round 6 Carter, Jackson, Brown, Butler, Grimm

So On Defense We could have a line of Vanden Bosch, Hill, Grady, Suh(if we don't trade), Kapman, Graham(no Trade), Pierce if we Trade Cam Thomas (if we traded down at pick #2)
        LB Simms, Levy, Peterson, Bulluk
        CB Cromartie, Robinson, Ghee
        Safety Delmas and Myron/Antrel Rolle

On Offense
        QB Stafford
        RT Goderus
        LT Backus, Veldheer
        LG Petrus, Carter, Iupati (but I don't think we get him)
        RG Peterson, Petrus or Carter(just like his intensity lions need some attitude)
        RB Blount and Tate (make sure to get these two important what a one two combo both very stong and tate is FAST especially for 220) with Taylor or Jones for Leadership
        WR Johnson, Gilyardi, White, Atonio Brown(most likely Brown) Only one of these to be drafted
        TE Pettigrew and resign one of our other 2009 season TE
        K Hanson/Harris and maybe draft kicker from State in 7th round or FA

Comment

Everson Griffen 3rd or 4th round??????????

Comment

Honestly, I don't think the Lions need to take Okung. This is a really deep tackle class, much more so than the defensive tackle class. I'd put OT above DT on the list of needs, but you have to think about the level of depth. If you can get a player like Suh in the first, I think you pull the trigger. He won't protect Matt Stafford, but really, sacks are as much the QB getting the ball out as they are the O-Line.

Comment

How bout this Lions fans? Baltimore has become very confident of rookie Michael Oher, who the Lions screwed up by not taking at pick 20, for protecting Joe Flacco's blindside. If Michael Oher has the ability to protect his blindside, then there is no reason to continue to pay Jared Gaither, their other Left Tackle, top dollar. It would be financially irresponsible to pay two left tackles on the roster that kind of money without getting rid of one of them. That "one of them" will be Jared Gaither. Baltimore has a first round tender on him, but because no teams are taking the offer, they said they are willing to take a 2nd round pick for him. Washington, who has a big need at left tackle, were the favorites to take Jared, UNTIL the Donnovan McNabb trade, laveing washington with no 2nd round pick to trade. I see this as a big opportunity for the Lions. No one has a higher 2nd round draft pick than them except the Rams, who are in no need of a left tackle after taking Jason Smith last year. For pick 34, how could the Ravens refuse? Not only are we getting a proven NFL left tackle, but for only a second round pick, and that would fill a glaring hole in our offensive line. Imagine an offensive line with Rob Sims and Jared Gaither. Matthew Stafford would have one of the best blindside protectors and a great guard, two things missing last year, which would make his decision making better by giving him those extra seconds he needs. Everyone on the offensive would perform better, making this pickup a steal. This would leave the number 2 overall selection to be traded or used on Berry, Suh, or McCoy to increase the terrible Lions pass rush. How could it get any better than that?

Comment

I'm not a Lions fan per se but I'm rooting for them, especially after seeing Stafford mic'ed up against the browns. That was totally bada$$ and put him right up there with Brees and Brady as my favorite QB's!

Looking at the schedule, I'm not very optimistic for more than 4 wins for the Lions tho, hope I'm wrong and they can get 6-7 wins, but I find it doubtful!

GL for the draft everyone!

Comment

Well, what's done is done. Mayhew still has my faith but he used a little up when decided to trade up to get Best, who I thought would probably still be there at 34, since Minnesota (Peterson), New Orleans (Bush, Thomas et. al) and St. Louis (Jackson) weren't in the market, and Indy would have been a stretch to take him. While Pick 98 isn't a guarantee of of anything the Lions still need bodies.
                  Hopefully a better running game will translate to keeping the pass rushers honest and not being able to pin their ears back to come after Stafford. A lot of time I didn't think opponents really respected the run game so if Best can put the team in more manageable 2nd downs, lend credibility to our playaction game. That will go a long way towards keeping Stafford on his feet.
                  I also think the draft tells us something decisions they've already made (pick 66 nonwithstanding)
                  1. They feel okay about the O-Line (i.e. Gosder gets another chance).
                  I would have felt way better about picking up a project or a depth guy at 96. Cherilus hasn't really shown any flashes of being a first round type guy. Maybe we luck out and he can maybe be a better run guy than he's been a pass guy. He aggressive and emotional out there so maybe that will translate into so run blocking instead of personal fouls.

2. They either think that Bulluck is healed and coming over or that a combination of Dizon and Follett can get it done at LB.
                  If Best wasn't slipping to 34, than the TCU LB Washington probably was. So if they let Sims go and didn't want to draft one, then they must think they have the answer in house or that Bulluck is coming into the fold. Either way cupboard is still a little bare in the LB dept.

3. Chris Houston is being viewed as a #1 corner.
                  Seems weird but they aren't getting a #1 at pick 66. Maybe they luck out and Ghee is still around, but if he isn't there is a real chance that we have just gotten ourselves a ringside seat to the Pacman Jones rehabilitation, because I can't think of any other options.

Comment

if their line gets their act together/draft a new guy or two in the coming years I can see the lions turning into an offensive juggernaut. much like the saints of the past few years, just put as many points up on the board as you can and pray its enough. but in all seriousness i really like what they are doing.
                    i feel they should have stayed at #34 or traded down and got golden tate, use him as a rb (he played it in high school and is built like one) a la percy harvin until kevin smith returns from injuries, and when he does put tate back at wr. having megatron and tate would be a nice pairing but i can't argue with jahvid best because if he gets in a groove he is gone. i just hope he can stay healthy.
                    Originally posted by eagles1990
                    "Need to get a first down.... But that ref's ass is just so nice!!!"-Brady
                    Originally posted by Antec
                    A horse doesn't want you to rape it.
                    Originally posted by GongKong
                    Athletes are super into the gang banging of chicks. It breeds team work.
                    GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by CallmetheBrees View Post
                      if their line gets their act together/draft a new guy or two in the coming years I can see the lions turning into an offensive juggernaut. much like the saints of the past few years, just put as many points up on the board as you can and pray its enough. but in all seriousness i really like what they are doing.
                      i feel they should have stayed at #34 or traded down and got golden tate, use him as a rb (he played it in high school and is built like one) a la percy harvin until kevin smith returns from injuries, and when he does put tate back at wr. having megatron and tate would be a nice pairing but i can't argue with jahvid best because if he gets in a groove he is gone. i just hope he can stay healthy.
                      Would you be interested in participating in an All-Time NFL North draft?
                      sigpic

I may live in Florida, but I bleed Chicago navy & orange

Comment

I think the Lions will make the playoffs sometime in the next 5 years.

They just need a LT and some defense and they'll be set.

Comment

Quick Prediction:

2010: 7-9, 3rd in NFC North
                          2011: 9-7, 2nd in NFC North, Wildcard round loss
                          2012: 11-5, 1st in NFC North, NFC Conference Championship loss
                          2013: 13-3, 1st in NFC North, SUPERBOWL Champion

Comment

2010: 5-11 3rd in NFC North
                            2011: 8-8 3rd in NFC North
                            2012: 11-5 1st in NFC North Wildcard loss
                            2013: 9-7 2nd in NFC North Divisional loss

Comment

The Lions have become my NFC team because all they do is draft players that i love

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                                The Lions have become my NFC team because all they do is draft players that i love
                                You'll be happy you chose the Lions a few years from now.

Comment

Working...
                                X