AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFC North thread

Since we have a handful of Steelers, Browns, and Ravens fans, with no Cincy fans, we should probably just throw the whole division in here. The more the merrier, no?

Anyways, discuss matters pertaining to the AFCN squad of your choice here.
    sigpic

Yay! We have our own thread (again)!

I'm pretty disappointed in the Steelers coverage of the post-elimination season, especially the Senior Bowl. DallasCowboys.com has two one hour shows a week, and sent three people down to the Senior Bowl, where they did one show a day for each day of practice. What did we get? Squat.

Did other teams from the division cover the Senior Bowl at all?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I never thought of bengals fans on here....they're more elusive than jaguars fans... well whatever the case ravens are awesome steelers are not *flies away*
      Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

You usually don't see the Steelers do much for the draft until it's almost time for it to occur. I'll probably be glued to BTSC, WF, or any other good Steelers site I find for news.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          You usually don't see the Steelers do much for the draft until it's almost time for it to occur. I'll probably be glued to BTSC, WF, or any other good Steelers site I find for news.
          Ugh. I'd love to do some dental work on Neal Coolong or whatevs with a ball peen hammer.

Idiot nerdraged for a year about us not drafting Lacy.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Steelers defense looks like a total rebuild at this point.....YAY

Comment

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
              Ugh. I'd love to do some dental work on Neal Coolong or whatevs with a ball peen hammer.

Idiot nerdraged for a year about us not drafting Lacy.
              Haha, yeah, hindsight is a ***** on that one. I wasn't thrilled with Bell at first, but the team wisely had him lose some of that Big 10 fat as a rookie to pick up speed. He liked it so much that he lost more weight and played at 225 this year. We saw how that turned out. Lacy is really good, but Bell fits this team like a glove.
              Originally posted by Xmadraven View Post
              Steelers defense looks like a total rebuild at this point.....YAY
              It's been that way for a couple of years. As much as I hate to say it, not having Troy or Ike in the lineup is addition by subtraction. I'm assuming that they will still be involved with the team in some way, just not on the field. Kiesel's injury will probably do him in. So the last man standing from that awesome 2008 D will probably be Harrison. Tuitt, Shazier, Shamarko, and McCullers are in development, Mitchell has another year in the system (ask me next year how I feel about that), the Rooneys have made resigning Worlids a priority, and I think Jarvis is entering kind of a make or break year. Plus, new draft picks or any FA signings. A few poor draft choices really hurt this defense (Ziggy Hood) as well as not being able to retain a few players (Keenan Lewis). I have faith in Butler to work with the talent available, rather than stick with the same complex system that Lebeau ran, which was counter-intuitive to a younger, rebuilding defense. And so here we are.
              Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 01-27-2015, 08:28 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Haha, yeah, hindsight is a ***** on that one. I wasn't thrilled with Bell at first, but the team wisely had him lose some of that Big 10 fat as a rookie to pick up speed. He liked it so much that he lost more weight and played at 225 this year. We saw how that turned out. Lacy is really good, but Bell fits this team like a glove.
                I just don't care for that personality type, especially considering it was a coin flip at the time. Bell is the better player, but I wouldn't have been too mad about Lacy. One "I'm ghey for Eddie" post would have been more than enough.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I wonder if Cleve loses Sheard this off-season. I've heard the staff doesn't think he's a particularly good fit at OLB.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I think Sheard might walk for more money. The Browns have a lot of money tied up into OLB right now, and may be looking to draft an option cheaper than extending him. He's not a game breaker, but he's been solid, and one of our better run stuffers. We don't have many of those.
                    Last edited by Johnnyallstar; 01-31-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I think he could be a good pick-up for a 4-3 team as a base end. Dude seems to play like his hair is on fire.

How good, of course, depends on the price.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Sheard is a high effort player. Highly coachable.

He isn't an All Pro, but he helps you win.

How much is he worth? Not sure, but since he is a good player and has options and the Browns will be 4-12 again next year and fire everyone again, I expect he will leave for less money even.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                          Sheard is a high effort player. Highly coachable.

He isn't an All Pro, but he helps you win.

How much is he worth? Not sure, but since he is a good player and has options and the Browns will be 4-12 again next year and fire everyone again, I expect he will leave for less money even.
                          I will be displeased if he signs with Seattle. **** them.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Rumors are that the Eagles really want Jason Worlids. He's not a great player by any means, but he's solid enough that it would hurt to lose him. Of course, if the Steelers are looking to mix in some hybrid looks, they may be looking into a different player anyways. Hard to tell, Pittsburgh has been quiet so far.
                            sigpic

Comment

Rumors are that the Eagles really want Jason Worlids. He's not a great player by any means, but he's solid enough that it would hurt to lose him. Of course, if the Steelers are looking to mix in some hybrid looks, they may be looking into a different player anyways. Hard to tell, Pittsburgh has been quiet so far.
                              The eagles want jason worlids? Huh wouldn't have guessed but whatevers anything to degrade the steelers defense a little more I can't wait to watch flacco burn the steelers for 5 TDs next year....*Sigh* but then no more defensive struggles for a while....;-; Oh well. Oh and ftr ladarious wbb shaved his dreads so he shoudl be cut from the ravens.

Comment

Working...
                              X