No announcement yet.

AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we did pass on Wilson, not trade a 4th rounder for Marshawn, and not hire the dirty ass Pete Carroll (that I now sadly like) as our President and instead got the deal of the Century in Mike Holmgren instead.

I miss good ole Mikey. He was so easy to know he was a drunken fat loser just milking money and letting his agent hire coaches and staff, since they were 100% all from the same agent. He didn't even try to hide his incompetence at all. Like he indulged in being the number #1 troll.

Cleveland may have dumb fans. But damn did they notice when he was living in Seattle and on Seattle radio and ignoring the city and the team. At least we got that going for us. We as a city and fanbase recognized Mike Holmgren was a complete and total fat tard. After his Honeymoon, he was easily seen for the slimy piece of **** that he is and I am sure always was.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
    I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
      Well, we did pass on Wilson, not trade a 4th rounder for Marshawn, and not hire the dirty ass Pete Carroll (that I now sadly like) as our President and instead got the deal of the Century in Mike Holmgren instead.

I miss good ole Mikey. He was so easy to know he was a drunken fat loser just milking money and letting his agent hire coaches and staff, since they were 100% all from the same agent. He didn't even try to hide his incompetence at all. Like he indulged in being the number #1 troll.

Cleveland may have dumb fans. But damn did they notice when he was living in Seattle and on Seattle radio and ignoring the city and the team. At least we got that going for us. We as a city and fanbase recognized Mike Holmgren was a complete and total fat tard. After his Honeymoon, he was easily seen for the slimy piece of **** that he is and I am sure always was.
      I hate that Carroll has turned out to be competent.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Yeah, I was hoping that smug SOB would have fallen on his face like he did the first time.

Comment

sigpic
          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Lol

Wut a douche
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• If he would have come to Cleveland, he would have failed, and everyone would be happy. But we can't have nice things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                If he would have come to Cleveland, he would have failed, and everyone would be happy. But we can't have nice things.
                You can have ants.

Because that's how you get ants.
                sigpic

Comment

• But we've talked Cleveland sports enough. Let's move from the **** brown town to the golden city.

Interesting bit here: Steelers putting WR Jalen Strong through a battery of tests regarding his wrist, per Schefter. Also, they were apparently smitten with DeVante Parker at his pro day. My guess, this is just the Steelers doing their due diligence in regards to their draft board. But I can't think of anyone with a better recent track record at drafting WRs than Pittsburgh, and if they do pick up another WR, that pretty much shows that Wheaton wouldn't be in their long term plans, and would probably allowed to enter the market like Sanders and Wallace before him. With the fan base screaming for OLB/CB, the Steelers are simply going about their business. Though I'm convinced that the pick will be defense, I think Pittsburgh is basically going to sit and wait to see who falls to them. Business as usual.

They're also interested in CB Steven Nelson form Oregon State, and have shown tons of interest in this CB class in general. I expect multiple picks there, with at least one in the higher rounds.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                    But we've talked Cleveland sports enough. Let's move from the **** brown town to the golden city.

Interesting bit here: Steelers putting WR Jalen Strong through a battery of tests regarding his wrist, per Schefter. Also, they were apparently smitten with DeVante Parker at his pro day. My guess, this is just the Steelers doing their due diligence in regards to their draft board. But I can't think of anyone with a better recent track record at drafting WRs than Pittsburgh, and if they do pick up another WR, that pretty much shows that Wheaton wouldn't be in their long term plans, and would probably allowed to enter the market like Sanders and Wallace before him. With the fan base screaming for OLB/CB, the Steelers are simply going about their business. Though I'm convinced that the pick will be defense, I think Pittsburgh is basically going to sit and wait to see who falls to them. Business as usual.

They're also interested in CB Steven Nelson form Oregon State, and have shown tons of interest in this CB class in general. I expect multiple picks there, with at least one in the higher rounds.
                    1. Jalen Collins
                    2. Alex Carter
                    3. AJ Cann
                    4. Jeff Heuerman
                    5. Derrick Lott
                    6. Sean Hickey

anddddd I got nothin after that.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I don't know why they would consider a top round WR pick, they've been super good at drafting mid to late round picks and letting Roethlisberger turn them into stud WRs.

Comment

I don't know why they would consider a top round WR pick, they've been super good at drafting mid to late round picks and letting Roethlisberger turn them into stud WRs.
                        Didn't they bust on a few 2nd rounders while the 4th rounders boomed?

I don't want to look it up, but my memory is they did have some high WR's. they just didn't work out. the 4th rounders boomed to All pro levels. but my memory sucks.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                          Didn't they bust on a few 2nd rounders while the 4th rounders boomed?

I don't want to look it up, but my memory is they did have some high WR's. they just didn't work out. the 4th rounders boomed to All pro levels. but my memory sucks.
                          Limas Sweed.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I don't know why they would consider a top round WR pick, they've been super good at drafting mid to late round picks and letting Roethlisberger turn them into stud WRs.
                            Probably just checking out players that could be in their range. The Steelers just go BPA all the way (though need does influence their draft board), so if there's a guy they like, they will take him. WR is unlikely, but nothing is impossible.
                            Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                            Limas Sweed.
                            Sweed makes me sad. Such potential, but managed to have worse hands than Ike.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Position by position breakdown of all of the Steelers pre draft visits (not counting local visits) http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...e-steelers-pre
                              sigpic

Comment

• You CB is a need for a lot of teams now that you start 3 CBs. Wasn't Tomlin a former CB. Would figure he would know that position just a bit better than the others.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X