AFC North thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    Haha, yeah, hindsight is a ***** on that one. I wasn't thrilled with Bell at first, but the team wisely had him lose some of that Big 10 fat as a rookie to pick up speed. He liked it so much that he lost more weight and played at 225 this year. We saw how that turned out. Lacy is really good, but Bell fits this team like a glove.

It's been that way for a couple of years. As much as I hate to say it, not having Troy or Ike in the lineup is addition by subtraction. I'm assuming that they will still be involved with the team in some way, just not on the field. Kiesel's injury will probably do him in. So the last man standing from that awesome 2008 D will probably be Harrison. Tuitt, Shazier, Shamarko, and McCullers are in development, Mitchell has another year in the system (ask me next year how I feel about that), the Rooneys have made resigning Worlids a priority, and I think Jarvis is entering kind of a make or break year. Plus, new draft picks or any FA signings. A few poor draft choices really hurt this defense (Ziggy Hood) as well as not being able to retain a few players (Keenan Lewis). I have faith in Butler to work with the talent available, rather than stick with the same complex system that Lebeau ran, which was counter-intuitive to a younger, rebuilding defense. And so here we are.
    There's probaly a whopping....3 good players on this defense atm Timmons,worlids,,A bunch of unproven guys and that's about it...the secondary is horrific... The Linebackers are pretty awful save for those 2 and the d-line has medicoree-average guys. Tuitt is probaly the best of the very mediocre bunch next year... gonna be fun to watch a shootout next year (unless the ravens fix THEIR secondary)
    Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmadraven View Post
      There's probaly a whopping....3 good players on this defense atm Timmons,worlids,,A bunch of unproven guys and that's about it...the secondary is horrific... The Linebackers are pretty awful save for those 2 and the d-line has medicoree-average guys. Tuitt is probaly the best of the very mediocre bunch next year... gonna be fun to watch a shootout next year (unless the ravens fix THEIR secondary)
      Three? Timmons, Heyward...uhh...Harrison if he continues defying time. Worlids is okay. There's a lot of players that range from okay to terrible, and a ton of younger players still developing. Not much is certain on the defensive side of things, outside of the secondary being bad again unless help is acquired.
      sigpic

Comment

Rumors are that the Eagles really want Jason Worlids. He's not a great player by any means, but he's solid enough that it would hurt to lose him. Of course, if the Steelers are looking to mix in some hybrid looks, they may be looking into a different player anyways. Hard to tell, Pittsburgh has been quiet so far.
        Oh, f*ck the Iggles. They need to worry about there CBs and QB sitch.

I think this hybrid stuff is WAY overblown and won't be much more than Worilds/whoever putting his hand in the dirt on occasion and kicking Tuitt/Heyward inside. Mr. Rooney has already said we will continue to be a 3-4 team, so that is pretty much that.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Three? Timmons, Heyward...uhh...Harrison if he continues defying time. Worlids is okay. There's a lot of players that range from okay to terrible, and a ton of younger players still developing. Not much is certain on the defensive side of things, outside of the secondary being bad again unless help is acquired.
          Oh f*** i forgot heyward... 2.75 cause harrison might fall off the wagon and worlids is "okay"

Comment

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
            Oh, f*ck the Iggles. They need to worry about there CBs and QB sitch.

I think this hybrid stuff is WAY overblown and won't be much more than Worilds/whoever putting his hand in the dirt on occasion and kicking Tuitt/Heyward inside. Mr. Rooney has already said we will continue to be a 3-4 team, so that is pretty much that.
            Don't trust the rooney family.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmadraven View Post
              Don't trust the rooney family.
              The Rooneys usually let the team personnel do their thing, but they still have the final word on everything.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm about to watch Draft Day. Will be interseting to see how Hollyweird unintentionally screws everything up, resulting in a more realistic film.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

The Rooneys usually let the team personnel do their thing, but they still have the final word on everything.
                  The Rooney family is by far the best in the NFL. Don't feed the troll please.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                  I'm about to watch Draft Day. Will be interseting to see how Hollyweird unintentionally screws everything up, resulting in a more realistic film.
                  Well, crap. The movie started with Chris "You're with me Leather" Berman.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

The word Clevelander comes from Latin meaning having idiotic hope at all time.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Dennis f*cking Leary as the coach? Really?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Sean Combs? Ffs.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Well, the S&C coach is terribad, and piss on Jennifer Garner's character.

What kind of hoar would tell her GM bf that she's knocked up the day of the draft?
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Thus far the guy playing the Browns owner is killing it.

I mean, he's not a Rooney or a Mara, but he seems like the next best thing.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Not even an hour in and Costner is giving his slam piece some ***gotty speach.

Fire his ass! (and Leary sucks balls, like all Pats fans)
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Brian Drew = Brian Hoyer?

Aw yeaaahhhhhhh! Sign him up Cleve!
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X