No announcement yet.

AFC North thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see lots of talent in the SEC, but it's tough doubting a Saban team that can drop a game or two and still get the benefit of the doubt come playoff time, then proceed to crush everyone. That championship game was a good one though.

I think you or I could at least get 600-700 yards behind Dallas' line. Zeke will tear it up. Even in college Hyde struck me as a potentially solid pro but not a dominator.

Dantonio is the master of the "we're disrespected" card. And an awesome coach to boot. In addition to the physical play, he can get more out of a roster than anyone. He seems loyal to MSU though.
    sigpic

Comment

• I just feel Hyde is so damn powerful. He gets those dirty yards most backs don't. It's not that he's a lock for me as being the better back, it's more that I feel he's been forgotten and DO believe that it's a close call between the two. Shame Hyde and Harbs didn't arrive in San Fran at the same time.

Dantonio is awesome. He should be in the SEC coaching my Tigers, dammit
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• In an effort to increase endurance, Bud Dupree is down to 254 lbs. A lot is riding on this guy. If he busts, the cupboard will be bare at OLB in the future, unless Chickillo surprises.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          In an effort to increase endurance, Bud Dupree is down to 254 lbs. A lot is riding on this guy. If he busts, the cupboard will be bare at OLB in the future, unless Chickillo surprises.
          Just more of Tomlin trying to turn the team into Dungy's Colts.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Coates has been tearing it up from the sounds of it. Then of course Senquez Golson gets carted off with a "mid foot" sprain.
            sigpic

Comment

• Like Coates a lot. Hopefully, he makes people forget about Martavis.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Javon Hargrave is apparently looking really good, too. He's not the prototypical NT (though the Steelers are moving away from that anyways), but he's displayed loads of quickness. I haven't seen anything positive regarding Mccullers yet.

But hey, autocorrect just tried to switch his first name to "Bacon", so maybe a sign of things to come regarding his size?
                sigpic

Comment

• I was absolutely amazed that Sammy Coates didn't see the field much last year. I thought he was going to step right in and be annoying as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    I was absolutely amazed that Sammy Coates didn't see the field much last year. I thought he was going to step right in and be annoying as hell.
                    He was a little too raw, from the sounds of it. Plus, the guys in front of him did a good job. He'll get his shot now, though.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                      Javon Hargrave is apparently looking really good, too. He's not the prototypical NT (though the Steelers are moving away from that anyways), but he's displayed loads of quickness. I haven't seen anything positive regarding Mccullers yet.

But hey, autocorrect just tried to switch his first name to "Bacon", so maybe a sign of things to come regarding his size?
                      This is the best thing ever!
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Things I've read: Hargrave, Matkevich, VW, Coates, and Chickillo are all looking really good.

The WRs seem to be grilling the DBs though. Burns usually ends up against AB, and receives no mercy. Neither does anyone else, as AB has been uncoverable. Even when Burns, Cockrell, et. al. had reportedly good coverage, Brown simply couldn't be stopped. Hopefully Burns learns from dealing with AB every day; the team may be relying on him this year (more on that in a moment). He did get a pick, undercutting Ayers, so that's some good news.

Sean Davis took Golson's spot in the nickel, with Gay and Cockrell on the outside, and Burns at #4. Seeing as how Davis looked better as a safety rather than CB, I don't think I want this.

Villanueva has looked pretty decent, Foster looks good.

Nix got some carries! Probably to keep wear off of DWill and Bell, while giving a guy that actually has a chance at making the team the ball.
                        sigpic

Comment

• RG3 named starter, while having Pryor and Gordon at WR...

This year is setting up to be a major cinderella/redemption story. Probably won't work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                            RG3 named starter, while having Pryor and Gordon at WR...

This year is setting up to be a major cinderella/redemption story. Probably won't work out.
                            Thought I heard Pryor was having a great camp. Should have been a wr all along.
                            sigpic

Comment

• His work ethic has been stellar. After practices, he'd stay for an additional half hour just working on catching passes one handed, with each hand.

In the no-contact drills he's been making our DBs look like chumps, but that's skewed in his favor, and Haden hasn't been on him much.

Comment

• So, the Steelers secondary still looks bad. Missed tackles seemed to be the worst of it, hopefully that's just preseason rust. Grant actually looked good though. Front 7 should be fine, offense just has to keep Ben upright. Landry Jones is no Charlie Batch, the days of Ben missing a few games not being a big deal are over. There's gotta be a better alternative, somwhere.

Burns and Ladarius Green need to get healthy. The two biggest acquisitions in the off-season need to be out there.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X