AFC North thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    If the Browns are in position to have two top 10 picks next year, I'm hoping we grab a QB and Fournette.
    Being an LSU alum, it may be blasphemous to say, but I've got concerns about Fournette translating to the pros.

Btw, the kid that plays behind him, Darrius Guice, is scary good, too.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Being an LSU alum, it may be blasphemous to say, but I've got concerns about Fournette translating to the pros.

Btw, the kid that plays behind him, Darrius Guice, is scary good, too.
      What are those concerns?
      sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, that's a bit odd. Pretty much everything I've heard is glowing about how good he could be, and how the NFL age rule is going to just get him injured when he should be in the NFL.

Comment

• I'd like to preface this by saying I'm a huge LSU mark, I've tried really hard to accept Fournette as the one true savior, and when he breaks the NFL single season rushing record I'll deny all of this. So, don't think I'm going all Blue and ****ting on the consensus just to try and seem smart.

- runs WAY too upright and not behind his pads which has led him to not only be not as good as you'd think in short yardage, but get absolutely planted by smaller, weaker guys when they meet him in the hole

- hips are super stiff

- low low low knees, his feet barely leave the ground and I've never seen such a powerful dude get taken down by so many shoestring tackles from DBs in my life. If you hit his foot, he's done because of terrible balance

This is worst case stuff, but if he ends up being Latavious Murray I'll be bummed but not surprised.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Seems a lot of big backs nowadays have issues running upright. I wonder if any of that can be coached.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
              Seems a lot of big backs nowadays have issues running upright. I wonder if any of that can be coached.
              My non-expert opinion is that it's a combo of two things:

- it's harder to run behind your pads when you're tall

- morons emulating Peterson. The dude is a cyborg, and they can't copy his poor technique and be successful because they aren't cyborgs. He also has lose hips and good lateral wiggle for a man his size.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Steelers give VW a 3 year extension. Penciling him in as Timmons' successor. Which I am okay with.
                sigpic

Comment

• They've also brought in Keenan Lewis for a look see.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Browns are trash as usual. 
                    I do like Huge Jackson as a coach figure we have no hope or no life regardless.
                    2-14 again and again.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                    I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• At least with Gordon/Pryor/Coleman it's going to be an entertaining 2-14 filled with 35-42 games, not 32-3 games.

Comment

• I'm feeling like 5-11 for Cleveland. Progress!
                        sigpic

Comment

• 2nd/3rd tier RBs I'm interested in watching:

Elijah Hood UNC
                          James Connor Pitt
                          Kody Walker (6'2" 251bs) Ark
                          Bo Scarbrough Bama
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• That Stipe-Overeem fight is gonna have a lot of eyeballs on it with Punk's in cage debut on the same card. Big opportunity for Stipe, especially now that they run USADA testing, Overeem isn't going to be the same guy at all. Unleash the Hellbows, Stipe!
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                              At least with Gordon/Pryor/Coleman it's going to be an entertaining 2-14 filled with 35-42 games, not 32-3 games.
                              Browns are terrible.  We won't be scoring more than 24 very often. 3-13 type year. We are awful team no d. No run game. No line. No qb. One wr maybe. They suck
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• At least Gong has been able to maintain perspective.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X