No announcement yet.

AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers showing interest in both Illinois edge rushers.
    sigpic

Comment

• Oh, they're drafting an OLB in the first. They need one badly, and Pittsburgh.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Oh, they're drafting an OLB in the first. They need one badly, and Pittsburgh.
        Pretty much. I'd be surprised if it's not an edge rusher. But we'll see, crazier things have happened.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Pretty much. I'd be surprised if it's not an edge rusher. But we'll see, crazier things have happened.
          I expect it to be Takkarist McKinney do to how he'll test, or Tim Williams because Tomlin understands today's young black man.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I expect it to be Takkarist McKinney do to how he'll test, or Tim Williams because Tomlin understands today's young black man.
            Ha! I'm actually not as picky this time around. They're are multiple needs on this team, and this draft honestly looks pretty good on the defensive side of the ball as well as RB and TE. There are lots of players I'd be happy with. I'd just like a better defensive scheme. Butler is basically Lebeau lite. Diet Lebeau. Lebeau zero. Crystal Lebeaukay I'll stop.
            sigpic

Comment

• Lebeau wasn't even a frog's hair better than Butler. The only differences were better talent, and Tomlin feeling more comfortable meddling with Butler. There will be no new scheme as long as Tomlin is there. You were on a roll, though.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I have no idea what DC I'd want though. Someone who can correctly utilize tight coverage.
                sigpic

Comment

I have no idea what DC I'd want though. Someone who can correctly utilize tight coverage.
                  It's a good question, and I'm not sure what the answer would be without being able to interview guys. I prefer a 3-4, but I wouldn't want Lebeau, Capers, or Wade.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It's a good question, and I'm not sure what the answer would be without being able to interview guys. I prefer a 3-4, but I wouldn't want Lebeau, Capers, or Wade.
                    I kinda like the press man that some teams are using now, but it more or less requires some sick DBs. Maybe a DC who at least doesn't fail to acknowledge teritiary targets? Even before Hogan, Tyreek Hill was wide open frequently during the Chiefs game, but Alex Smith couldn't hit him. Mainly because he's not great at going deep and KC's OL is pretty bad.

I'm just over the whole soft zone "just tackle the catch" philosophy when teams will gladly dink and dunk you to death. Mainly because DBs get away with much less holding now, and the head-hunting safety that used to patrol the middle has essentially been made illegal. And when you do bring the blitz, they have a seam route waiting for you. The Steelers need some fresh ideas to pair with the young talent that they have.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mike Pettine. I think I would give Mike Pettine a shot at DC, or either of the Paganos were they available.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I kinda like the press man that some teams are using now, but it more or less requires some sick DBs. Maybe a DC who at least doesn't fail to acknowledge teritiary targets? Even before Hogan, Tyreek Hill was wide open frequently during the Chiefs game, but Alex Smith couldn't hit him. Mainly because he's not great at going deep and KC's OL is pretty bad.

I'm just over the whole soft zone "just tackle the catch" philosophy when teams will gladly dink and dunk you to death. Mainly because DBs get away with much less holding now, and the head-hunting safety that used to patrol the middle has essentially been made illegal. And when you do bring the blitz, they have a seam route waiting for you. The Steelers need some fresh ideas to pair with the young talent that they have.
                        I don't mind off zone when it's a part of the coverage mix. If that's all you do, I have a problem with that. Also, it seems like the Steelers don't, and haven't, taught pattern reading at all, essential to effective off coverage imo, but instead rely on spot drops thus making it even easier to decipher their scheme and explaining why they aren't in position to defend a pass or tackle a catch. After *****ing about it for years (even before I got here) I finally had enough.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Pettine is a better coach than he appeared in Abomination land. He would not be a bad choice most places as DC. Not that I think he is great but I think he is average to decent hire at DC position
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Working...
                          X