AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    Now, thanks to an article by mmqb, I'm feeling more uncomfortable about Reuben Foster. Apparently kid can't draw up plays on the white board. That's a problem for a guy that I want to be the QB of my defense.
    That's a pretty significant flaw for anyone in the back 7, with the way NFL offenses spread everyone out and pick on particular players. You have to know your **** back there, unless you are the second coming of LT.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

That's a pretty significant flaw for anyone in the back 7, with the way NFL offenses spread everyone out and pick on particular players. You have to know your **** back there, unless you are the second coming of LT.
      Supposedly, he breaks down tape just fine, it's the board thats a problem. If the guy has a learning disability like dyslexia that could explain it. I don't know what to think about him now. I value smarts in players, especially MLB and S, the guys running my D on the field. I guess I'll just slide him down into a tie with Reddick.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, the Steelers could go LB, TE, DB, QB, or WR in the 1st and none of it would surprise me. I'm expecting an RB at some point as well.
        sigpic

Comment

• just chiming in here... don't think we have to worry about Reuben Foster being on the board. Cincy will take him at #9 imo. He gets angry at people in public, that is the Bengirls highest draft priority lol

Comment

• Originally posted by thor75 View Post
            just chiming in here... don't think we have to worry about Reuben Foster being on the board. Cincy will take him at #9 imo. He gets angry at people in public, that is the Bengirls highest draft priority lol
            It's the perfect fit!
            sigpic

Comment

• I expect them to take PR, DB, and TE in the first three rounds.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I really like what we did in the draft. That's two in a row where I don't have any really negative things to say about any of our picks, plus we addressed all our major needs, though I do wish we put more attention to safety.

Comment

• The Browns are actually doing well. I approve of their stockpiling of picks and their slow and steady team building. It took the Raiders like what, 4 years of rebuilding to be at least decent? The Browns look like they have learned something, and teams like the Jags should be taking notes. Assuming the Browns don't freak out and fire everyone, just 'cause.

As for the Steelers draft, eh. It was pretty good, just not interesting. It was pretty funny to see them take a long snapper, but the rest of the draft was just them checking stuff off of a grocery list. Milk, eggs, bread, linebacker, etc. I don't have any beef with the players taken, though I don't think most of them aside from JJSS will see much playing time their rookie years. Watt will rotate with Harrison, the DBs will have one be the dime at best year one with the other going to the PS, unless one of them impresses enough to steal nickel away from Gay/Sensabaugh/Golson/A new challenger. Connor will be behind Bell, and will probably be underutilized. He'd be a great closer, and they could utilize him in the backfield with Bell in the slot for some fun looks. They won't though, he'll sit behind Bell, Bell will get hurt eventually, and he'll get his 2-4 games to shine. Dobbs will probably be the #3. Because Landry's blackmail photos suddenly got a little racier. Holba will long-snap oncoming nukes into orbit, saving the world. Then there's their 7th rounder, who will be PS at best.

As far as the other AFCN teams, the Ravens were annoying competent as usual, but are still absolutely hamstrung by Flacco's contract. Cincy got another player with disciplinary issues. He'll fit in immediately.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                    The Browns are actually doing well. I approve of their stockpiling of picks and their slow and steady team building. It took the Raiders like what, 4 years of rebuilding to be at least decent? The Browns look like they have learned something, and teams like the Jags should be taking notes. Assuming the Browns don't freak out and fire everyone, just 'cause.

As for the Steelers draft, eh. It was pretty good, just not interesting. It was pretty funny to see them take a long snapper, but the rest of the draft was just them checking stuff off of a grocery list. Milk, eggs, bread, linebacker, etc.
                    Best thing I've read all week.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I just saw something on www.espn.com that the Ravens are close to signing free agent RB LeGarrette Blount. This would definitely make them an instant playoff contender. I know they just re-signed Terrence West, but I think LeGarrette Blount would bring them something that the Ravens haven't had since Ray Rice. How would LeGarrette Blount help the Ravens if this happens?

Comment

• If he could keep his attitude in check, sure. But the Pats are the only ones to be able to do that. Blount is also a one trick pony and is more or less useless in the passing game. He's still on the market for a reason.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Stipe Miocic about to mollywhomp Junior Dos Santos tonight and get back that win. He was robbed their last fight.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Stipe!

Stipe!

Stipe!
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Terrence West. lolololol whata joke of a player.

Blount is an old school OJ Anderson type without the extra deep skills OJ had. has his uses, but is a dumb **** and basically a functional retard, which isn't good for lockerroom, or anything on field expect running forward with power.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• but **** it. Its football, you really don't want to be too smart anyways
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                                I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Working...
                                X