No announcement yet.

AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pens won the cup again! This team, seriously.
    sigpic

Comment

• SYD the Kid
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Almost time for training camp! I may have to attend the Steelers camp again, if I can.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          Almost time for training camp! I may have to attend the Steelers camp again, if I can.
          I'll be curious to see how James Connor looks. If Bell holds out, he could get some extra reps.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I'll be curious to see how James Connor looks. If Bell holds out, he could get some extra reps.
            Steelers fans everywhere are interested in seeing him, for obvious reasons. His jersey is like the highest selling rookie jersey right now. I have little doubt we'll be seeing him, as Bell will very likely hold out.
            sigpic

Comment

Steelers fans everywhere are interested in seeing him, for obvious reasons. His jersey is like the highest selling rookie jersey right now. I have little doubt we'll be seeing him, as Bell will very likely hold out.
              I say run Bell into the dirt this year and let Connor take over next season. But, the team will probably end up giving him some ridiculous $18 mil a year deal instead.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I say run Bell into the dirt this year and let Connor take over next season. But, the team will probably end up giving him some ridiculous $18 mil a year deal instead.
                Hopefully Conner is for real. Then they could let Bell go. He's great and all, but paying a ton of money to an injury prone, twice suspended, RB with lots of touches per year is insane. The deal that they offered him would have made him the highest paid RB by far, but featured lots of incentives and not many guarantees. Makes sense from a team standpoint, but Bell wasn't happy with it.

I'm interested to see how the WR, OLB, and CB positions shape up. And hopefully Josh Dobbs beats out Landry Jones, but that probably won't happen.
                sigpic

Comment

• Steelers camp is business as usual. I'm not there yet, I'll probably go towards the end of camp when I have off work. The competition at OLB is pretty tight. Burns has looked good, which is fantastic news seeing as how they have him shadowing AB. Conner seems to be standing out, until he dinged his shoulder. Senquez Golson was carted off (again!) with a hammy, but it's not speculated to be anything serious. Same with all the injuries they've incurred so far. Typical camp stuff. Meanwhile, what's happening in Baltimore? I figured they would see guys get hurt during the season, but they're taking hit after hit in camp so far.
                  sigpic

Comment

Steelers camp is business as usual. I'm not there yet, I'll probably go towards the end of camp when I have off work. The competition at OLB is pretty tight. Burns has looked good, which is fantastic news seeing as how they have him shadowing AB. Conner seems to be standing out, until he dinged his shoulder. Senquez Golson was carted off (again!) with a hammy, but it's not speculated to be anything serious. Same with all the injuries they've incurred so far. Typical camp stuff. Meanwhile, what's happening in Baltimore? I figured they would see guys get hurt during the season, but they're taking hit after hit in camp so far.
                    Gilmore hurts them, as does the CB.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Gilmore hurts them, as does the CB.
                      They just lost Siragusa, too. Another lineman down.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Why do all the Steelers names have to make headlines for the flash rides they show up to camp in?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Why do all the Steelers names have to make headlines for the flash rides they show up to camp in?
                          Camp tradition. AB has his Rolls, 92 came in a firetruck (and is anyone really gonna tell him no?), and Kiesel had a tractor of some sort. Just kind of a fun thing. Mostly good things coming out of camp, so that's a relief. Tomlin just got extended, which I'm sure you're ecstatic about. Burns has apparently looked great, and seeing as how he has to cover AB every day, that's saying something. Conner's shoulder is nothing serious, and he's looked good from what I've heard. Even Justin Hunter of all people has looked very good in camp, apparently. Probably shouldn't be surprised, as the Steelers can spin straw into gold at WR.
                          sigpic

Comment

Camp tradition. AB has his Rolls, 92 came in a firetruck (and is anyone really gonna tell him no?), and Kiesel had a tractor of some sort. Just kind of a fun thing. Mostly good things coming out of camp, so that's a relief. Tomlin just got extended, which I'm sure you're ecstatic about. Burns has apparently looked great, and seeing as how he has to cover AB every day, that's saying something. Conner's shoulder is nothing serious, and he's looked good from what I've heard. Even Justin Hunter of all people has looked very good in camp, apparently. Probably shouldn't be surprised, as the Steelers can spin straw into gold at WR.
                            Tradition? You mean since the "young money crew" started doing that garbage? Kiesel and Harrison made statements, set a tone. AB etc say "look at me". It's all ghetto fab bullsh*t. Even the hated Cowboys, "America's Team", don't do anything that embarrassing ffs. But, this is who Pittsburgh is now, and why I don't cheer for them.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Ehh, who cares? They die before 50 anyways. Let them have cake
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Apparently I do, or I wouldn't have said anything.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X