No announcement yet.

AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The car thing doesn't bother me. The worst "look at me" stuff will come from AB, which is only mildly annoying at most. He's one of the top two WRs around though, and seems like a decent dude otherwise, so, eh. At this point, with how prevalent social media and sports media are, and how desperate everyone is for content, it's tough to avoid. Even if a player is a no nonsense kind of guy, they will get coverage for that unless they are a lineman or something. Nothing tops those 90s Cowboys for annoyance; between the overexposure, the bandwagoners, and "DA U", just...ugh. Can you imagine that team today, with twitter the way it is? As much as I can't stand the Pats, I'll take Brady and the Boston smug over that any day.

Martavis Bryant cleared for practice and preseason. He's been saying and doing the right things, but his leash is as short as can be. Golson's Ole Miss teammate Mike Hilton may bump him from the roster. Couple of undrafted RBs are looking good, but with Bell, Conner, and Davis anyone else is fighting for the practice squad. With Landry out, Dobbs has been getting the reps, and has looked good. Really the only bad thing is that the Steelers' TEs are lame. James is his usual average self that everyone loves for some reason, Grimble has looked better but is still Xavier Grimble, Johnson blocks and that's it, and no one else appears to be worth a damn. Only major regret from the draft but those TEs were gone quick. So...Gary Barnidge?

Anyone else have anything around the AFCN? Outside of Baltimore losing chunks of their roster to injuries.
    sigpic

Comment

• Cleveland sucks as always. They should get rid of the team itself and release all the players. Would help the NFL.

New management same dumb. At least hope at QB of some illiterate boob for the future. Hope that management isn't full tard. So there is that. But still have no hope. even though technically I guess could argue is hope available out there. Ya know what Im sayin Vern?

Osweiler is starting. lol. Well that won't last as dude sucks *****
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• I didn't know Pittsburgh signed Tyson Alualu.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          I didn't know Pittsburgh signed Tyson Alualu.
          Yup. Probably a good thing, too. L.T. Walton seems to be locking up the backup NT spot. Too bad about McCullers. Just couldn't consistently use that size to his advantage, and began getting the dreaded "soft" label.

Steelers still need to use more man coverage, but we've discussed that ad nauseum. Ross Cockrell looks slooooooow. James Conner got action today! Looked good running, but needs to work on those hands.
          sigpic

Comment

• I think the drops were nerves and rust. He was a good receiver in college, so I don't expect any different in the pros.

Anthony Chickillo looked good out there. If I were a team in need of a 3-4 rush backer I'd try trading for him.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I think the drops were nerves and rust. He was a good receiver in college, so I don't expect any different in the pros.

Anthony Chickillo looked good out there. If I were a team in need of a 3-4 rush backer I'd try trading for him.
              Chick is a camp and preseason superstar. He's merely okay in the regular season. Still probably better than what some teams are offering.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Still probably better than what some teams are offering.
                Bears and Rams come to mind.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• ****ing Russian bots
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                  I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Yeah, this board is a disaster. Enjoy it while it's still alive, I guess.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Somebody should start a new board. I've already been banned from ff.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Somebody should start a new board. I've already been banned from ff.
                        What's FF? I know you were banned from btsc. Any other places? I frequent Steelers depot. It's less homery (that's a word now) than btsc. Though I'm there, too. As far as active, general football communities, I don't know. Most are destroyed by spammers and stupidity, or just abandoned. I've thought about doing some small time blogging at some point, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon due to simply having other stuff to do. And not being all that interesting. And general laziness when I have downtime.
                        sigpic

Comment

What's FF? I know you were banned from btsc. Any other places? I frequent Steelers depot. It's less homery (that's a word now) than btsc. Though I'm there, too. As far as active, general football communities, I don't know. Most are destroyed by spammers and stupidity, or just abandoned. I've thought about doing some small time blogging at some point, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon due to simply having other stuff to do. And not being all that interesting. And general laziness when I have downtime.
                          Football's future. It's where they're doing the dynasty league stuff now. I'm banned from a bunch of sbnation sites. Seems I don't play well with others.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Football's future. It's where they're doing the dynasty league stuff now. I'm banned from a bunch of sbnation sites. Seems I don't play well with others.
                            Who, you? Couldn't imagine...
                            sigpic

Comment

Who, you? Couldn't imagine...
                              My default setting is "grouch".
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• At any rate, I'm looking at QBs pretty hard in the draft this year. The Steelers need one as Ben is probably done. And they would be pissing their talent away by not getting one. I'm not sure who will be available to them though. I wouldn't mind seeing them trade up, as they have a solid roster in place. As long as they have the picks to grab a good safety, too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X