AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    Do you think they're going to try and work another $100 million contract for him?
    More than likely.
    Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    I hate that we do that. I mean, we already overpay our own guys. There is no need to throw them more bonus cash one year after they sign and kick more debt down the road.
    Yep. Word is we're looking at a 6 year contract. Hopefully, it's structured so that he is easily cut in the last year or two.
    Yeah I hate the restructures. Just make a contract where you have a backup plan already.

Don't get your hopes up. Even though the Steelers of old saw Franco in a Seahawks uniform and Greg Lloyd in Carolina, the modern Steelers don't let go of their franchise guys until too late.
    Isn't America wonderful? Rape a few girls and still get $200 million because you're really good at throwing an elliptical spheroid. What a country.
    You're just jealous that your team doesn't have a successful franchise QB that may or may not have done questionable things with questionable ladies. Or a linebacker that may or may not have significantly reduced the lifespans of a couple gentlemen.

Clean rapsheets get 6-10, man! Why do you think they have Johnny Football? He sure as **** can't play otherwise.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
      Yeah I hate the restructures. Just make a contract where you have a backup plan already.

Don't get your hopes up. Even though the Steelers of old saw Franco in a Seahawks uniform and Greg Lloyd
      I miss Greg Lloyd.

Also, I hate the "extra bonus money even though we already overpaid you" thing that has become SOP since Tomlin took over.

I had anotherr point, but I'm sleepy and drunk, so....
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        I miss Greg Lloyd.

Also, I hate the "extra bonus money even though we already overpaid you" thing that has become SOP since Tomlin took over.

I had anotherr point, but I'm sleepy and drunk, so....
        Attitude-wise, Lloyd was basically James Harrison before James Harrison. Which was great! He even had the best shirt ever:

sigpic

Comment

You know, I'm 100% okay with signing McClown if it means that we'll be in position to draft Cardale Jones next year.

Comment

You know, I'm 100% okay with signing McClown if it means that we'll be in position to draft Cardale Jones next year.
            You mean that guy who has a whopping two games of experience and none of that pro style, making most of his plays with his legs on an extremely talented team?

Meh, beats what they have now. Or you could hope for Cook or Hackenburg.
            sigpic

Comment

Haha I know. Honestly, if we're in position for Jones, we'll be in position for pretty much anybody.

Comment

Steelers release Lance Moore (no surprise), and were at the Minnesota pro day.

Edit: And 4 Steelers personnel members were at the Wake Forest pro day, including DB coach Carnell Lake. Give you 3 guesses as to who they were looking at there.
                Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 03-02-2015, 07:52 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmm....That wake forest CB and no idea who at the minnesota pro day.
                  Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

So, apparently the Browns offered #19 overall for Bradford.

It could be a good sign, indicating they now realize how worthless Johnny 8-ball is. Keep choppin' wood, fellas!
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Clevelannnnd he would've torn his skull in cleveland.
                      Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Keep Choppin Wood
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Criticize the Browns all you want, but ypu cannot deny that Bradford's agent is doing his job well. Making tons of hype for his boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                            Criticize the Browns all you want, but ypu cannot deny that Bradford's agent is doing his job well. Making tons of hype for his boy.
                            Hey! Things are kinda sucky right now and I need something to laugh at, so Browns.

I do find the idea of the Browns trading for Rivers to be intriguing.

Instantly have the best QB in the division, and should be able to get another 3-5 good years out of him. Especially with that line and run game.

Much better use of # 19 than Bradford IMO.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Absolutely. If we had Rivers instead of Hoyer/Manziel last year, we would have won the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                                Absolutely. If we had Rivers instead of Hoyer/Manziel last year, we would have won the division.
                                That would be a fly in the ointment for me.

But, I would rather lose the division to the Browns than the Ratbirds.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X