No announcement yet.

Chicago Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say NO to Wright. Wright is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTB View Post
      Just say NO to Wright. Wright is wrong.
      Tell us why.
      sigpic

I may live in Florida, but I bleed Chicago navy & orange

Comment

• The only reason to draft Wright (in the first) is if the Bears don't think Knox and Hester can provide a deep threat. This could very much be the case with Knox coming off a horrendous injury. They've made noises about bringing Hester back into the offence though.

If you can get Wright in the second, I don't think it's a bad choice. Basically, I think that Wright at 19 is too high, and there are much better players available at that slot at a number of other crucial positions.

I think this is shaping up to be a really interesting draft, with multiple directions and options for the Bears at 19. On top of that, we'll hopefully get a feel for the direction Phil Emery wants to go with the team.

Comment

• Not a big fan of adding another wide out when rice is going to run the ball every down

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
            Tell us why.
            Too short, too lazy, takes plays off, horrible showing at the combine.

Comment

• I think the last time I had this little confidence on what the bears were going to do with their 1st pick was the Cade McNown year. At least then we knew QB would be an early pick, but had no idea who or when.
              “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”
              ― Walter Payton

Greatest EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagojay View Post
                Not a big fan of adding another wide out when Tice is going to run the ball every down
                Really surprised to see a post like this from you. You have been one of the biggest proponents of the Bears getting a #1 receiver. Yes, they went out and got Marshall, but they need someone to play opposite him.
                sigpic

Comment

• Miller on the Bears' schedule

Bears fans, it looks pretty favorable for the Chicago Bears.

Week 1 Sept. 9 vs Colts – The Bears defense gets ready to exploit Rookie first-round QB Andrew Luck

Week 2 Sept. 13 @ Packers - Division games are always good early to get your mind right for season. None better than facing rival Packers on Thursday Night in primetime.

Week 3 Sept. 23 vs Rams - Facing a Rams team at home that does not yet have an identity or enough playmakers.

Week 4 Oct. 1 @ Cowboys - If Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan does not fix their defense, Urlacher and the boys can keep key Dallas offensive playmakers in check on another Monday nighter.

Week 5 Oct. 7 @ Jaguars - Always good to face one dimensional teams. Maurice Jones-Drew must be stopped while Jags quarterback Blaine Gabbert is trying to get comfortable in new offense under Mike Mularkey.

Week 6 BYE

Week 7 Oct. 22 vs Lions - Should be well rested for a divisional Monday Nighter that could be huge in standings. Bears must win this at home.

Week 8 Oct. 28 vs Panthers - Cannot have a letdown. Carolina pushed around the Bears last year in Soldier field. The Panthers are a dangerous team entering 2012 and are getting better.

Week 9 Nov. 4 @ Titans - The Titans are another dangerous team. They were close to a playoff team last year, finishing 9-7. One plus is the Bears maybe facing second-year QB Jake Locker at this point.

Week 10 Nov. 11 vs Texans - Buckle up for this one. This will be the Bears' fourth primetime game. Houston is a complete team. They finally busted through the AFC South to the Playoffs. The Texans defense is legit.

Week 11 Nov. 19 @49’ers - Another Monday Nighter completes five primetime games for the Bears which is the most any team can have in a season. Should be another dandy against the NFC Divisional runner-up.

Week 12 Nov. 25 vs Vikings - The Bears cannot coast in this one, but this is a nice breather from the previous five weeks.

Week 13 Dec 2 vs Seahawks - The Seahawks are still one dimensional. Stop Marshawn Lynch.

Week 14 Dec 9 @ Vikings - The Vikings will not be much improved from facing them two weeks ago.

Week 15 Dec 16 vs Packers - The Bears have to split with the Packers. This is their chance at home.

Week 16 Dec 23 @ Cardinals - Look at all of these NFC games to finish the season. These matter for playoff seeding. The Cards won 7 of their last 9 games last year finishing strong.

Week 17 Dec 30 @ Lions - What better way to end the season than in Division? The Lions believe last year was not a fluke. The Bears may have opportunity to knock the Lions out.

Early thoughts just looking at the schedule: the Bear’s could go 12-4 again with a new sheriff in town like GM Phil Emery and a couple of breaks. The pressure is on with the new GM but Weeks 7-11 is a brutal five-week stretch along with weeks 15-17.
                  http://www.csnchicago.com/football-c...0&feedID=10330
                  sigpic

Comment

• Bears sign OG Chilo Rachal to a 1 year deal today: LINK. I thought the Bears were happy with their offensive line.

And LB Rocky McIntosh is visiting the Bears today as well.

Comment

Bears sign OG Chilo Rachal to a 1 year deal today: LINK. I thought the Bears were happy with their offensive line.

So maybe guard is no longer a priority in the 1st? DE, LT, CB, WR, LB critical.

Comment

Bears sign OG Chilo Rachal to a 1 year deal today: LINK. I thought the Bears were happy with their offensive line.

Yeah, but they still need backups, and this could mean a move for Chris Williams to tackle. Signing Rocky would also fill a gaping hole.

Comment

• It's nice to know I'm not the only Bears fan who wants us to draft WR Stephen Hill...

I know the Bears have needs. I also know at 19 he may be a stretch, but I like Stephen Hill. I realize his lack of overall catches leads some to wonder but just watch how fluid he is, his body control and his speed. I think he could be a steal outside the top 15. Why not? Joe, West Jordan, Utah

I think 19 is too high for Hill. I get what you are saying. He has more potential than any receiver in the draft. But there also is a chance he could be a major bust. Given the fact that he has not produced much and he has not done the things an NFL wide receiver will be asked to do, he is too much of an unknown to be chosen that high. With the 19th pick in the first round, you don't want to completely whiff. You want to make a pick that is somewhat safe. The time to take big risks comes later in the draft, ideally in the third round, but in the case of Hill I would say the second round.
                          http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7379270.column
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
                            It's nice to know I'm not the only Bears fan who wants us to draft WR Stephen Hill...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7379270.column
                            Georgia Tech is the best WR school in the country, and they don't even throw the ball.

He's worth the #19 imo. I just think the Bears need to take a Left Tackle there.
                            JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                              Georgia Tech is the best WR school in the country, and they don't even throw the ball.

He's worth the #19 imo. I just think the Bears need to take a Left Tackle there.
                              Neither Kalil nor Reiff will still be on the board and they are the only ones worth the 19th pick in my opinion.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Slaymont Harris View Post
                                Yeah, but they still need backups, and this could mean a move for Chris Williams to tackle. Signing Rocky would also fill a gaping hole.
                                Yup...backups, backups, backups! They cannot let injuries be their fate again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X