Chicago Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Bears

Say anything you want about the Bears We are discussing our offseason and the past season

RuMoR: Rhett Bomar has drawn interest from Bear scouts.

Well The Chicago Bears need to address several positions over this long offseason. The NUMBER ONE need is a elite pass rusher. If we get someone like a Peppers or a Suggs or even Haynesworth it makes our secondary look alot better. Which includes safteys.

Then our NUMBER TWO need is probably an elite wideout. T.J Houzmanzedah,Malcom Flloyd,Devery Henderson,Nate Washington, are all Free Agents. Anquan Boldin will be available by trade.

Our NUBMER 3 need would be a Interior OL,RT,. Then a saftey would be after that. O.J Atogwe is a true FREE saftey. Sign him. Re-sign Mike Brown and put him at SS. It is very hard to find a player who plays TO WIN. Who gives it his all EVERY play which is why he gets injured. If he gets injured put Kevin Payne in who is learning.

Then we need depth at LB and depth at RB. Both should be available via FA/ Draft. Bring in Byron Leftwich and let him BE A BACK UP. ( take about 30% of snaps in Training camp) Kyle orton should take about 70% of the snaps. That will help him and it WILL show during the year when he takes more snaps at training camp. Remember all the underthrows/overthrows during the season to D. Hester. That is because Orton didn't throw deep to Hester. Grossman did. I was there. and I've seen recordings. They Wanted to use the strengths of the QB's (Orton short throws and Grossman long) But we need to improve Orton's longball.

We need a speed back (G.Wolfe?????) from FA or the Wolfe to be a change of pace back. Forte was on the field for basicaaly almost every snap. Pass protect/ or out of back field. This is what i think we should do in the offseason

What do you think? I am not saying we can get every need
    Last edited by ChicagoBearsFan23; 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM.
    sigpic

The Chicago Bears: In Hibernation since 1985

I don't think Boldin is gonna be available this offseason.

Maybe next year.

Comment

I don't think it's realistic to think that the Bears will fill every need. You can't have it all.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBearsFan23 View Post
        Well The Chicago Bears need to address several positions over this long offseason. The NUMBER ONE need is a elite pass rusher. If we get someone like a Peppers or a Suggs or even Haynesworth it makes our secondary look alot better. Which includes safteys.
        Not happening. If anything we will get one from the draft based on what Marinelli says.

Peppers doesn't want to play, Suggs probably won't work for us and will cost too much, and Tommie Harris has haynesworth contract.

Then our NUMBER TWO need is probably an elite wideout. T.J Houzmanzedah,Malcom Flloyd,Devery Henderson,Nate Washington, are all Free Agents. Anquan Boldin will be available by trade.
        Forget the big guys, Flloyd, Henderson, Washington...those are realistic for us.

Our NUBMER 3 need would be a Interior OL,RT,.
        Could see them possibly doing this.

Then a saftey would be after that. O.J Atogwe is a true FREE saftey. Sign him.
        Will be Franchised/and or signed. I don't see him leaving St. Louis.

Re-sign Mike Brown and put him at SS. It is very hard to find a player who plays TO WIN. Who gives it his all EVERY play which is why he gets injured. If he gets injured put Kevin Payne in who is learning.
        I love Brown, but he needs to go. We need to let someone else learn the position, it will help long run.

Then we need depth at LB and depth at RB. Both should be available via FA/ Draft. Bring in Byron Leftwich and let him BE A BACK UP. ( take about 30% of snaps in Training camp) Kyle orton should take about 70% of the snaps. That will help him and it WILL show during the year when he takes more snaps at training camp. Remember all the underthrows/overthrows during the season to D. Hester. That is because Orton didn't throw deep to Hester. Grossman did. I was there. and I've seen recordings. They Wanted to use the strengths of the QB's (Orton short throws and Grossman long) But we need to improve Orton's longball.
        No thanks to lefty.

We need a speed back (G.Wolfe?????) from FA or the Wolfe to be a change of pace back. Forte was on the field for basicaaly almost every snap. Pass protect/ or out of back field. This is what i think we should do in the offseason
        Agreed here, but Wolfe is a Turdner favorite, so I doubt he goes anywhere.

The real thing I'm watching for is salary restructures of Tait ($7,133,333 for next year), Ogunlaye ($7,300,000), and Vasher ($4,850,000).

The bears rarely make big out of team signings. We will probably bring in some guys no one knows haha.

See my sig for draft thoughts. I would love if someone like Malaluga fell to us, I would not be angry at all if we drafted him. If we go defense first round, it better be an impressive player who should have been going top 10. Don't worry, we still will have the DE/TE/LB picks that JA always needs to make.

As far as off-season moves go, the Demotion of Babich and the hiring of Marinelli is huge for us.
        Last edited by J Snazzy; 01-20-2009, 11:41 PM.
        Chicago Bears
        Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wants: O-line, Tall WR, and a 3 tech.

Comment

I just have a problem with the no haters thing. If you post it here, they will come.

Comment

byron leftwich lol
            The Bears are a gud football team in first place.

Comment

draft a qb in the later rounds and let him sit behind orton

same effect as having lefty there

Comment

mehbehz but there are better free agent qbs than leftwich. i would rather have grossman than him. at least he knows the offense (i think)

as for drafting a qb in the later rounds and having him sit behind orton, that would leave us with orton, rookie qb, and caleb hanie (undrafted free agent)

Comment

Originally posted by a2x View Post
                  draft a qb in the later rounds and let him sit behind orton

same effect as having lefty there
                  We already have our QB project in Caleb Hanie. What we need is a veteran that can not only push Kyle Orton for the job but also mentor him.

Originally posted by 2 kewl 4 U View Post
                  mehbehz but there are better free agent qbs than leftwich. i would rather have grossman than him. at least he knows the offense (i think)

as for drafting a qb in the later rounds and having him sit behind orton, that would leave us with orton, rookie qb, and caleb hanie (undrafted free agent)
                  Yep.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Collins or Garcia. Collins will probably stay in TEN, but Garcia very well can come to Chicago.

Also I just wanted to add that I hope Grossman goes somewhere and tears it up. People can hate on Rex all they want, but at least Rex has heart and appears to be trying, unlike Benson.
                  Chicago Bears
                  Nebraska Cornhuskers

Comment

dang got me
                    i forgot about hanie

still leftwich isnt the answer

he aint better than grossman

david carr, brock berlin all better than leftwich

Comment

Originally posted by a2x View Post
                      dang got me
                      i forgot about hanie

still leftwich isnt the answer

he aint better than grossman

david carr, brock berlin all better than leftwich
                      Yeah. I lived in fresno when I was really young (not while Carr was there) so I like to see bulldogs succeed. I think Carr is way too shell shocked and needs some more time recouping.

I would not be against the idea of drafting another QB though. I'm a Nebraska fan so I would love Ganz, I don't think he will make a good QB.

Someone like Chase Daniels could be nice though.
                      Chicago Bears
                      Nebraska Cornhuskers

Comment

I don't think Chase Daniel will be good at all. He is a poor man's Kyle Orton.

Also, I've heard rumors that the Bears may trade Ogunleye and a 1st rounder for Boldin?
                        Forum: www.westsportsreport.com/forum

Comment

never heard that anywhere but i likey

it would leave us in a tough position at defensive end though

Comment

If housh isnt franchised, I can see them making a push. A few years ago they wanted Mushin, and paid him well to get him early. Not the same receiver, but JA usually goes after players that can make an impact.

I like Hanie as the developmental guy. If we can draft Bohmar in rd 3 or later, I wouldnt mind it. None of the vets will make any sort of impact.

They need to give Rod some time with our lineman. They are all talented, and maybe he can get some more out of them with better technique. I would love to not have to draft one high, so we can concentrate more on OL in RD 1 (duke), and big WR (britt/nicks?) in RD2 and then someone like Rhett in rd3 if avail, or a safety/interior lineman/RT.

FA wish list:

Housh or Floyd at WR
                            The center from BAL (name?) to play guard until Olin is done ( I know, that happened 3 years ago)
                            Atogwe
                            resign Brown to a minimum salary deal w/ incentives

Players I want to leave town:
                            Nate Vasher
                            Rex Grossman
                            Roberta Garza
                            Fred Miller
                            Terrance Metcalf
                            Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwest View Post
                              I don't think Chase Daniel will be good at all. He is a poor man's Kyle Orton.

Also, I've heard rumors that the Bears may trade Ogunleye and a 1st rounder for Boldin?
                              Where did you hear that? That is bull ****.
                              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Working...
                              X