• corycurren
    replied
    I like computers

Leave a comment:

• Andy Q.
    replied
    Originally posted by GongKong View Post
    lolololol oh man. Business, its a *****
    This is why I'm not really looking for a career in business. For me, it's just too cut-throat. I would get eaten alive out there. My plan is to get a History degree and go into teaching.

Leave a comment:

• GongKong
    replied
    Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    Lmao. Thanks Gong, means a lot to me.

I don't know. I know people do work hard, but through five internships with two judges and three law firms, I would estimate they work hard every other day, or when the boss is present. I think I spent more time looking at suits with attorneys and out to eat than I did doing any real work. Obviously as an intern without a law degree there are limitations to what I can accomplish, but the only person who really did any work at the places (other than the bosses, who did legitimately work hard) was the fat ugly woman who was used as a wookie to do the paperwork because she is half retarded and cannot actually interact with clients or engage in litigation. She was also vegan. Should tell you all you need to know.
    lolololol oh man. Business, its a *****

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Lmao. Thanks Gong, means a lot to me.

I don't know. I know people do work hard, but through five internships with two judges and three law firms, I would estimate they work hard every other day, or when the boss is present. I think I spent more time looking at suits with attorneys and out to eat than I did doing any real work. Obviously as an intern without a law degree there are limitations to what I can accomplish, but the only person who really did any work at the places (other than the bosses, who did legitimately work hard) was the fat ugly woman who was used as a wookie to do the paperwork because she is half retarded and cannot actually interact with clients or engage in litigation. She was also vegan. Should tell you all you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Yeah, as being a part of one of the wealtheir corporations in the world, intelligence has nothing to do with getting a job. 98% of it is about who you know and who you blow. Occasionally you get somebody smart who knows what they're doing, but thay's 2% of thr time.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Q.
    replied
    InjuredReserve 2016?

#AllinforIR

Leave a comment:

• GongKong
    replied
    Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    In college yeah. When your actually working your against the gifted who work hard too. Everyone employed by good companies is smart.
    I don't even think you believe this portion. Although I get what you are saying. Better companies in higher paying jobs have successful people that usually have at least classical smarts and talents.

Swag, like you has natural brain power, and also the natural smugness that goes with that brain power. Granted he indulges in his smugness and you indulge in political skills and side stepping the pitfalls of being out of the closet smug.

But such is life in the big city.

I still have fantasies of your run for President. Granted you are getting up there in age without being on that train, but we have to have dreams, right?

Swag on the other hand, will be the solicitor general and argue you are not natural born in front of the Supreme Court.

See the difference. Both are very successful people. Both have merits. Both are kinda cogs in the same machine.

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    Hard work is like for people that are not naturally gifted though.

dat smug
    In college yeah. When your actually working your against the gifted who work hard too. Everyone employed by good companies is smart.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Hard work is like for people that are not naturally gifted though.

dat smug

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    I was once told I had no ambition.

I worked my ass off and now have two ambition.

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    I insinuated that it wasnt a defining attribute. Different thing.
    Also ambition is inherently selfish without adding other traits like hard work (different house trait). We all have a right to be selfish. But saying someone has ambition is a statement, not a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    You said I have no ambition, how the **** is that not insulting? lol
    I insinuated that it wasnt a defining attribute. Different thing.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    You said I have no ambition, how the **** is that not insulting? lol

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    I'm slightly insulted.
    Was not meant as such.

Leave a comment:

• Xmadraven