Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafias Dead

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    Are you guys seriously lumping in Ghengis Khan into a scum faction with the likes of Hitler and Stalin. Learn some history people. Ghengis Khan remains the most successful conqueror in history, while he simultaneously allowed the people he conquered to keep their customs and identities. He didn't force them to be Mongols. Furthermore, the world as he knew it then went on to experience the greatest period of piece it has ever known (Pax Mongolia). What in that sounds bad to you? There was constant war back then. So a successful warlord is automatically evil, despite showing respect for those he conquered and thereby acting as the catalyst for the greatest period of piece the world has ever seen.
    peace*

    I also admire Genghis*, but you can't deny he was absolutely brutal in his methods.
    Owner of the cutest signature on WF

    Comment


    • Genghis Khan was evil incarnate. Not only was he a mass-murderer and thief, he was an egalitarian.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
        Are you guys seriously lumping in Ghengis Khan into a scum faction with the likes of Hitler and Stalin. Learn some history people. Ghengis Khan remains the most successful conqueror in history, while he simultaneously allowed the people he conquered to keep their customs and identities. He didn't force them to be Mongols. Furthermore, the world as he knew it then went on to experience the greatest period of piece it has ever known (Pax Mongolia). What in that sounds bad to you? There was constant war back then. So a successful warlord is automatically evil, despite showing respect for those he conquered and thereby acting as the catalyst for the greatest period of piece the world has ever seen.
        My thoughts exactly, I didn't want to say anything cause I didn't want to reveal anything about the game, but Ghengis isn't even in the game because he really isn't scum at all. He also wasn't super good either, so I just didn't include him. He was probably one of the most notable exclusions from my game, at least for now. There are a lot of notable exclusions because there are just so many notable figures in history that it was just impossible to include them all.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Leelee View Post
          Genghis Khan was evil incarnate. Not only was he a mass-murderer and thief, he was an egalitarian.
          All empires back then were created that way. Compared to some others in history, I don't consider him particularly evil. Although I do have one or two people in the scum faction who aren't disgustingly evil, but I had my reasons for including them.

          Comment


          • Eh, on second thought, I'm not feeling one of these other players in the scum faction. I have no idea why I put them in there honestly, I will consider throwing Genghis in there, we'll just have to see.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Leelee View Post
              Genghis Khan was evil incarnate. Not only was he a mass-murderer and thief, he was an egalitarian.
              Lol, there is no evil.
              Owner of the cutest signature on WF

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Link View Post
                Lol, there is no evil.
                Buddha: true neutral.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Leelee View Post
                  Genghis Khan was evil incarnate. Not only was he a mass-murderer and thief, he was an egalitarian.
                  The truth is that all conquerors are mass murderers and thieves. But, as far as conquerors go you won't find one who showed the conquered respect or help foster peace like Genghis did. Although Kublai Khan was just as essential and finished what Genghis started. Genghis wasn't just the best bc he was great himself it also was vital that he had someone to pass the reigns to. Not many great warlords have had this.

                  If you want someone who was truly embodied a bit more of brutality and evil than try Attila the Hun. Although he also has redeeming qualities in the sense that most of what he did was done to in the end amass a large enough empire to squash Rome.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                    The truth is that all conquerors are mass murderers and thieves. But, as far as conquerors go you won't find one who showed the conquered respect or help foster peace like Genghis did. Although Kublai Khan was just as essential and finished what Genghis started. Genghis wasn't just the best bc he was great himself it also was vital that he had someone to pass the reigns to. Not many great warlords have had this.

                    If you want someone who was truly embodied a bit more of brutality and evil than try Attila the Hun. Although he also has redeeming qualities in the sense that most of what he did was done to in the end amass a large enough empire to squash Rome.
                    This.

                    Comment


                    • War is hell. Thats just how it is. Its only because of our ability to see pictures and videos of it that we damn it nowadays. It has always been the worst of man kind.

                      Ghengis was like any other warlord from the Steppe. He was an ugly, brutal leader who had to kill to become what he was. You live in the Steppe and see how you like it. It was awful, and it made the Mongol tribes into hardened warriors that flooded Eurasia more than once.
                      JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                        War is hell. Thats just how it is. Its only because of our ability to see pictures and videos of it that we damn it nowadays. It has always been the worst of man kind.

                        Ghengis was like any other warlord from the Steppe. He was an ugly, brutal leader who had to kill to become what he was. You live in the Steppe and see how you like it. It was awful, and it made the Mongol tribes into hardened warriors that flooded Eurasia more than once.
                        Yep, that's my point. He may have been brutal, but no more so than anyone else at that time. In fact, he was better than most because of his respect towards those he conquered.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rackcitysteelers View Post
                          My thoughts exactly, I didn't want to say anything cause I didn't want to reveal anything about the game, but Ghengis isn't even in the game because he really isn't scum at all. He also wasn't super good either, so I just didn't include him. He was probably one of the most notable exclusions from my game, at least for now. There are a lot of notable exclusions because there are just so many notable figures in history that it was just impossible to include them all.
                          No Genghis Khan in the game?

                          No Chg in the game.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            Buddha: true neutral.
                            When you give it some thought, you start to realize that it's really just opposing factions. All sides think their enemies are evil. Inb4 "Just joking/trolling"
                            Owner of the cutest signature on WF

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                              No Genghis Khan in the game?

                              No Chg in the game.
                              I've said I've considered putting him back in and I will if I can get a guarantee that the #1 mafia player will participate lol

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                                Are you guys seriously lumping in Ghengis Khan into a scum faction with the likes of Hitler and Stalin. Learn some history people. Ghengis Khan remains the most successful conqueror in history, while he simultaneously allowed the people he conquered to keep their customs and identities. He didn't force them to be Mongols. Furthermore, the world as he knew it then went on to experience the greatest period of piece it has ever known (Pax Mongolia). What in that sounds bad to you? There was constant war back then. So a successful warlord is automatically evil, despite showing respect for those he conquered and thereby acting as the catalyst for the greatest period of piece the world has ever seen.
                                For me the greatest conquerer was Alexander the Great. A shame that he did that young.

                                Hannibal is in contention too, but he let his emotions get the best of him at the end.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X