Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafias Dead

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morgus View Post
    Did Ckane just admit he was scum, then delete the post?
    Posted this after pheltz already announced I was lynched. Moved it here:

    Am I the only one that thinks this mass claiming nonsense isn't Mafia? Yeah I'm bitter and biased since it's ruined my last three scum games, but it sucks that at the end of the day no matter how careful you present yourself in the thread it's gonna come down to process of elimination.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ckane138 View Post
      Am I the only one that thinks this mass claiming nonsense isn't Mafia? Yeah I'm bitter and biased since it's ruined my last three scum games, but it sucks that at the end of the day no matter how careful you present yourself in the thread it's gonna come down to process of elimination.
      You're not alone.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

      I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Originally posted by jepg
      Blue is right

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ckane138 View Post
        Posted this after pheltz already announced I was lynched. Moved it here:

        Am I the only one that thinks this mass claiming nonsense isn't Mafia? Yeah I'm bitter and biased since it's ruined my last three scum games, but it sucks that at the end of the day no matter how careful you present yourself in the thread it's gonna come down to process of elimination.
        Originally posted by Blue View Post
        You're not alone.
        Which is why starting with CK there will be no direct role claims. You're going to have to rely more heavily on your skills of intuition and deduction than on your abilities. Investigators will have to be more forceful with their findings without directly revealing their RC. People may initially be irritated by this rule, but I'm going to try to put an end to role claiming.
        Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

        - Noah Porter

        Comment


        • Kind of agreed, though WWE wasn't quite the same.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
            Which is why starting with CK there will be no direct role claims. You're going to have to rely more heavily on your skills of intuition and deduction than on your abilities. Investigators will have to be more forceful with their findings without directly revealing their RC. People may initially be irritated by this rule, but I'm going to try to put an end to role claiming.
            Count me in for that game now that my All-Star experience is done. I was thinking about giving scum safe fake-claims if I ever actually do Simpsons Mafia. Otherwise mass claiming just kind of kills so much of the strategy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ckane138 View Post
              Posted this after pheltz already announced I was lynched. Moved it here:

              Am I the only one that thinks this mass claiming nonsense isn't Mafia? Yeah I'm bitter and biased since it's ruined my last three scum games, but it sucks that at the end of the day no matter how careful you present yourself in the thread it's gonna come down to process of elimination.
              People should pay closer attention to my NFL game. In a world of mass claiming, find an excuse to fake early and mix in

              Comment


              • Part of the problem is theme. Part of the problem is just outright roleclaiming. There are some issues with trying to take out either. I don't think there's a perfect solution unless you want to try and run a game with a lot more vanilla Townies than any game on here has had.
                Originally posted by jepg
                I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                I should be put on an island and nuked.
                Originally posted by jepg
                Blue is right

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ckane138 View Post
                  Posted this after pheltz already announced I was lynched. Moved it here:

                  Am I the only one that thinks this mass claiming nonsense isn't Mafia? Yeah I'm bitter and biased since it's ruined my last three scum games, but it sucks that at the end of the day no matter how careful you present yourself in the thread it's gonna come down to process of elimination.
                  No.
                  Originally posted by Daniel
                  Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                  That's how you sound.
                  lmao

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Blue View Post
                    Part of the problem is theme. Part of the problem is just outright roleclaiming. There are some issues with trying to take out either. I don't think there's a perfect solution unless you want to try and run a game with a lot more vanilla Townies than any game on here has had.
                    Yes, like what if someone knows someone else is lying?How could they convince anybody? Town would be doomed.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Blue View Post
                      Part of the problem is theme. Part of the problem is just outright roleclaiming. There are some issues with trying to take out either. I don't think there's a perfect solution unless you want to try and run a game with a lot more vanilla Townies than any game on here has had.
                      If we added about 5 vanilla (I prefer blue but whatever), then mass claiming problems would go away

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Blue View Post
                        Part of the problem is theme. Part of the problem is just outright roleclaiming. There are some issues with trying to take out either. I don't think there's a perfect solution unless you want to try and run a game with a lot more vanilla Townies than any game on here has had.
                        Inactivity is a big enough problem already
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • I like the vanilla townie idea, but that's gonna be a tough transition because a lot of people don't bother posting if they don't like their role.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ctrmcougar View Post
                            If we added about 5 vanilla (I prefer blue but whatever), then mass claiming problems would go away
                            When people have ****ty roles, they don't play(see Clov's game as an example).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SanchoPanza View Post
                              Inactivity is a big enough problem already
                              Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                              When people have ****ty roles, they don't play(see Clov's game as an example).
                              I know, right?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ckane138 View Post
                                I like the vanilla townie idea, but that's gonna be a tough transition because a lot of people don't bother posting if they don't like their role.
                                I was vanilla my first game and loved it. Hardly any stress and allows for a certain clarity. Too bad everybody doesn't appreciate it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X