This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue View Post
    1. Stop putting up sign-up threads a month in advance. Do it like a week before you start the game. Nobody really signs up after the first week anyways except people who don't want the mod to have to cut roles.

2. Start modkilling people who don't post X amount of times in X amount of IRL days. It's not fair to Town if they don't even know if someone is paying attention to the game. At least in the IRL form of Mafia, you can physically see who is playing and who isn't.
    I'd like to add on to this - don't let habitual inactives play. Sorry for the better players who tend to be less active/lurk, but if the game goes a month and a half and you finish with 100 posts compared to everybody else approaching a thousand, you're the reason the game dragged on. Obviously things come up midgame where people are busy, and that's fine, but those should be the exceptions.

Comment

• If someone doesn't post for say 3 days the mod should ask them why, if they don't reply within say another day they get replaced - pretty easy. If you have something legitimate come up you can say.
      Originally posted by JoeLegend
      You guys are right im wrong.

Comment

• Just put in everyone's role PM that they have to lead the thread in posts or they will be modkilled.

Day one will be hilarious.

This forum cannot handle large games due to half the people signing up and full quitting or even never starting. 17 person games are about the max around here can handle and 100% should have to require a certain number of posts per person.

Blackball inactives and game ruiners. Not that hard. History Mafia should have taught us all that, but it didn't.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
          Just put in everyone's role PM that they have to lead the thread in posts or they will be modkilled.

This forum cannot handle large games due to half the people signing up and full quitting or even never starting. 17 person games are about the max around here can handle and 100% should have to require a certain number of posts per person.

Blackball inactives and game ruiners. Not that hard. History Mafia should have taught us all that, but it didn't.
          That would be great in bastard mafia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
            That would be great in bastard mafia.
            It would awesome to do that and watch what happens day one as a mod.
            sigpic
            I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

It would awesome to do that and watch what happens day one as a mod.
              Not if you want order. You'd have to put a time limit in it too, and eventually someone would say something about it. Would be funny though.

I have a post minimum in Lit. Mafia to prevent lurking. It's low, but it's there, so if someone tries to lurk and only posts the absolute minimum, they can't say they were away or their grandmother is sick or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                Not if you want order. You'd have to put a time limit in it too, and eventually someone would say something about it. Would be funny though.

I have a post minimum in Lit. Mafia to prevent lurking. It's low, but it's there, so if someone tries to lurk and only posts the absolute minimum, they can't say they were away or their grandmother is sick or whatever.
                OK, so what you do is

Modkill the lowest poster after each day phase is over. So two kills a day instead of one. It would make the games go quicker and put a fire under the lurkers and kill the quitters at any stage of the game.

I am serious with that rule above.

Kill the riff-raff. Kill them all.
                sigpic

Comment

Just put in everyone's role PM that they have to lead the thread in posts or they will be modkilled.

Dude go replace mpg. We need an active person.

You too Clov replace CJay lol
                  Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Originally posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
                    Dude go replace mpg. We need an active person.

You too Clov replace CJay lol
                    I love you, man.

I am still alive in Swags game, but would be happy to do both roles, like a Leelee troll special
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfan View Post
                      Also some person should ban Blue otherwise I might as well dead talk as well with all the bull**** around here.
                      The **** is your problem?
                      Originally posted by jepg
                      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                      Blue is right

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post
                        The **** is your problem?
                        The Vikings season is ending Saturday

Comment

• LMAO, someone send me the dead chat.
                          pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                            LMAO, someone send me the dead chat.
                            lolololol
                            sigpic

Comment

• Told you so.
                              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                              Blue is right

Comment

• Took three weeks to solve finish something you spotted in almost two days.

Comment

Working...
                                X