This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
    Harry Potter is the McDonald's hamburger's of Fantasy writing.
    I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robley View Post
      I'll take.

Especially since I literally just reread the 7th book 3 days ago and am now rewatching all the movies as we speak.
      PM sent
      JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

Harry Potter is the McDonald's hamburger's of Fantasy writing.
        It's not really a fantasy story

Comment

• Just compare LOTRs and Potter
          2010 WF.com PPR Champion
          2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
          2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
          2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
          CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
          CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Robley View Post
            I don't get it.
            Dude, its an overbloated, terrible tasting, but makes lots of money, and no one in their right mind would call it "good" and high quality product. Hence Harry Potter is McDonald's of its genre.

WTF is Harry Potter if it isn't terrible fantasy (To be fair, I have only read about 80 pages of book one, and got super irritated cuz it was a convoluted mess) and saw the first movie, where they had Jesus Christ as their savior in alter-universe cuz witches, magic, and the such, needed Jesus apparently, cuz why have any sense of integrity in your bull**** when it is so contrived and sadly completely useless and ****ed up.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
            I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfan View Post
              Just compare LOTRs and Potter
              One is a story that started an entire genre but reads like it was written by someone who read Great Expectations and thought is didn't have enough extraneous detail.

The other is a great series thats first four books are probably some of the best chapter novel teachers of all time, and the other three are incredibly enjoyable adult reads.

Not saying that HP is anywhere close to LOTR as far as literary skill or importance, but that doesn't make it a great series of books and a fun read.

Comment

• Seriously, why is Jesus in Hogwarts?

Someone tell me how that religion and its savior is in a world with magic and witches and wizards and different rules of physics and the universe?

Hollywood/crappy writers need to stay on course in their development of alter universes and remember when things are similar and when the rules don't make sense to have the same.

Dumb as muther****er **** holes on a plant.
                sigpic
                I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Dude, its an overbloated, terrible tasting, but makes lots of money, and no one in their right mind would call it "good" and high quality product. Hence Harry Potter is McDonald's of its genre.

WTF is Harry Potter if it isn't terrible fantasy (To be fair, I have only read about 80 pages of book one, and got super irritated cuz it was a convoluted mess) and saw the first movie, where they had Jesus Christ as their savior in alter-universe cuz witches, magic, and the such, needed Jesus apparently, cuz why have any sense of integrity in your bull**** when it is so contrived and sadly completely useless and ****ed up.
                  I think this is the first Gong rant (though this is a mini one) that I thought was just stupid instead of funny or cool.

Comment

• Started a genre? What Genre? McDonald's hamburgers of books genre?
                    sigpic

Comment

Harry Potter is awesome, **** you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                        I think this is the first Gong rant (though this is a mini one) that I thought was just stupid instead of funny or cool.
                        thats cuz you like HP, and I don't. lol
                        sigpic

Comment

thats cuz you like HP, and I don't. lol
                          You're also like, twenty years older than me. I think a lot of people who are older never got into it, mostly because the first three are really not very good and are meant for kids.

Comment

• So explain why Harry Potter and all of Hogwarts school are Chrisitans that worship Jesus Christ?

Its not a small issue or error when building alternate worlds. Its a huge glaring error that cannot be undone.

The 4th wall is broken, and was never built.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Thats fair. I never read any book past the first one and never watched any movei but one, and a few snippets of others.
                              sigpic

Comment

So explain why Harry Potter and all of Hogwarts school are Chrisitans that worship Jesus Christ?

Its not a small issue or error when building alternate worlds. Its a huge glaring error that cannot be undone.

The 4th wall is broken, and was never built.
                                There isn't a single mention of Jesus or Christianity in the whole series

The **** mate

Comment

Working...
                                X