• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    There isn't a single mention of Jesus or Christianity in the whole series

The **** mate
    WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They celebrate CHRISTMAS in the first movie. It made me want to puke. Its the dumbest thing ever in the history of ever. Chrisitanty would burn everyone at that school at the stake, and dunk them in boiling water to see if they died.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
    I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Christ------------------Mass

Is for Chrisitans. that Worship Jesus.
      sigpic
      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Lots of Christian symbolism though...

I read them all when I was 15, they are very good, just not written at a high level.
        2010 WF.com PPR Champion
        2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
        2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
        2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
        CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
        CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
          WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They celebrate CHRISTMAS in the first movie. It made me want to puke. Its the dumbest thing ever in the history of ever. Chrisitanty would burn everyone at that school at the stake, and dunk them in boiling water to see if they died.
          Pretty sure that Christmas is celebrated almost everywhere

Like in Japan and ****

And it's not like they have crazy Christy Christmas with crosses and ****. They have some trees and presents. That's more about culture than it is about religion. Many atheists still have Christma celebrations. I hold Yule every year and burn oaks, that doesn't mean I'm a pagan
          JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• Who gives a ****, they celebrated Christmas. Big ****ing deal. You must be like the only person in the world who cares.

Even freaking atheists celebrate Christmas if you want to argue the logic of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
              Christ------------------Mass

Is for Chrisitans. that Worship Jesus.
              Okay Gong lol

Comment

• Also, in the fourth or fifth book they make fun of Christians and burning witches/wizards, talking about how they simply would enchant the flames to look like they were being burnt alive, and then just walk off and laugh about it later.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                  One is a story that started an entire genre but reads like it was written by someone who read Great Expectations and thought is didn't have enough extraneous detail.

The other is a great series thats first four books are probably some of the best chapter novel teachers of all time, and the other three are incredibly enjoyable adult reads.

Not saying that HP is anywhere close to LOTR as far as literary skill or importance, but that doesn't make it a great series of books and a fun read.
                  dont worry bro, HP is my type just my 2nd fav
                  2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• JK Rowling is a great writer. She is a great STORY TELLER. It's not her writing skills that made the books it was the story telling.
                    2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

• Originally posted by monk2310 View Post
                      JK Rowling is a great writer. She is a great STORY TELLER. It's not her writing skills that made the books it was the story telling.
                      perfect way to put it monk
                      2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• anyway HP MAFIA PLZZZZZZ
                        2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• So,you don't care in a world with witches that Chrisitans burned at the stake, and wizards that Christians dunked in pots of water until they drowned, and magic, that Christians say is the Devil incarnate (well close enough), that anyone in Harry Potter land would celebrate a Holiday that would never exist in that land at all ever.

Atheists DO NOT celebrate Christmas.

And it does matter. How can you not get that? Harry Potter is a built on a world that the rules of the world have no meaning, no substance, and no integrity.

And if it doesn't matter to you, it matters to me that books I read like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or any that build an alternate world, that the rules of that world are actually the RULES of that world, and not some convoluted mixture of rules from that world and this one, cuz the writer cannot keep them differentiated in their head.

Look, I get it you all love HP. No problem with that, but don't tell me its good, when it has holes the size of a Galactic Planet Destroyer inside its core and hard coding.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I've literally met dozens of atheists who celebrated Christmas, so don't give me that bull****.

Again, read the ****ing books man. You're coming off as a raging asstard.

Comment

• Gong, I love ya bro. You're a smart cookie. But sometimes, you go full retard. Never go full retard.

Comment

• Really who the **** cares if they celebrate Christmas. I know a Jewish person that celebrates Christmas.
                                2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

Working...
                                X