Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like the holiday of Christmas nowadays is more Americanized than any other holiday, whether you like it or not. No Xmas trees, turtle doves, santa in the bible.

Comment

• No I am not.

How can you not see this? I get you love the books, but What you think of SATAN worship is what the Hogwarts school would think of Jesus and Christians!!!!!!!!

Its a giant hole in the thread of the world that leaves the reader viewer wondering WTF is wrong with that writer and why this is making so much money. Is JK Rowling the Michael Bay of writing or something?

trololololol
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Except that the Dark Arts fill the hole that Satan worship fills for them

And aside, the people who are into the Dark Arts hate muggles, which means the good guys would be more than tolerant of muggle religion.
        JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• *Sigh*

Did you go to Catholic school?

Did you worship Satan?

Not that Harry Potter people worship Satan, but in our world, do you worship Satan?

So, if the answer is no, then you know why Harry Potter land would not worship Jesus and be Christians.
          sigpic
          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Gong what's ur religion?
            2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

• Originally posted by monk2310 View Post
              Gong what's ur religion?
              lol Atheist and no I don't celebrate Christmas

But this is less about religion and more about a writer being lazy in building the groundwork of her world, it disgusting me, and it apparently not disgusting anyone around here.
              \\

My personal crazy views have no barring on this argument, as that is Ad Hominen, and the point has to be taken as a point in and of itself.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                lol Atheist and no I don't celebrate Christmas

But this is less about religion and more about a writer being lazy in building the groundwork of her world, it disgusting me, and it apparently not disgusting anyone around here.
                \\

My personal crazy views have no barring on this argument, as that is Ad Hominen, and the point has to be taken as a point in and of itself.
                Yeah ur views kinda do
                2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

• No. Your point is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by monk2310 View Post
                    Yeah ur views kinda do
                    No they don't, you don't get what I am saying if you think my beliefs are of any import to this

Originally posted by Robley View Post
                    No. Your point is stupid.
                    No, it matters. Not to you obviously, although it should, since you seem on about integrity of story structure.

Kinda makes me sad you don't even see what I am talking about cuz your Catholic upbringing. Its a giant, super huge whole in the thread of the world she wove. Harry Potter should NOT be Chrisitan, and none of the Hogwarts kids, teachers, or anyone there should be.

Its dumb they are, and obviously lazy writing by the writer. Thats what I am saying. It could be Jews, Muslims, or any religion that has killed people for being what Harry and his buddies are. I guess they could be Hindu, and Hindu would say their Gods and just part of Brahama.

Maybe that could work. Harry could be Hindi possibly, but 100% not Christian.
                    sigpic

Comment

• You feel strongly about this.

Comment

• Its an argument I have had before.

I don't get how people don't see it. Its like no one has standards anymore.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                          No they don't, you don't get what I am saying if you think my beliefs are of any import to this

No, it matters. Not to you obviously, although it should, since you seem on about integrity of story structure.

Kinda makes me sad you don't even see what I am talking about cuz your Catholic upbringing. Its a giant, super huge whole in the thread of the world she wove. Harry Potter should NOT be Chrisitan, and none of the Hogwarts kids, teachers, or anyone there should be.

Its dumb they are, and obviously lazy writing by the writer. Thats what I am saying. It could be Jews, Muslims, or any religion that has killed people for being what Harry and his buddies are. I guess they could be Hindu, and Hindu would say their Gods and just part of Brahama.

Maybe that could work. Harry could be Hindi possibly, but 100% not Christian.
                          I didn't have a Catholic upbringing...?

You're the only one who sees the point because it's nonsensical.

Comment

• No it isn't

Christians kill witches, wizards, and magic doers.

Harry Potter and friends are witches, wizards and magic doers.

What don't you get? That the rules of our world are not the rules of their world? Or the fact that Jesus didn't save that world? or the fact that them celebrating Christmas (a Holiday that would make zero sense for them) is a violation of the integrity of the world itself?

Its pretty easy to see.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                              You're also like, twenty years older than me. I think a lot of people who are older never got into it, mostly because the first three are really not very good and are meant for kids.
                              I am 17 and Harry Potter is absolutely gay. Never read the books and saw like an hour of the movies when I was like 11, and I said; gay.
                              Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                              Pretty sure that Christmas is celebrated almost everywhere

Like in Japan and ****

And it's not like they have crazy Christy Christmas with crosses and ****. They have some trees and presents. That's more about culture than it is about religion. Many atheists still have Christma celebrations. I hold Yule every year and burn oaks, that doesn't mean I'm a pagan
                              I hope you were joking...
                              Overall Gong is right with the Wizards and Christianity. Christians hate magic. There is no way any Christianity could be involved.
                              But, what Gong is saying about atheists not celebrating Christmas is wrong too. I know people who do not believe in any sort of God but celebrate. Maybe he doesn't and others don't, but a big chunk do.

Comment

• I digress anyways.

Still can't believe you guys don't see it, but whatever, continued another time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X