Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafias Dead

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Nah, I actually played it more according to how they expected. And they thought I was town until the last day when it was too late.
    lol. Well save that one for a later game. Candy Corn w/ a red hat. No matter the theme. It will WIFOM them into Oblivion

    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    I imagine scum has a slight advantage when dealing with a group of unfamiliar faces play, since a lot of people try to deduce scummyness by behavioral differences, and you can't judge that when playing with a bunch of randos.
    If you read any of that game, that didn't stop any of them for trying to deduce scumminess with tells that aren't tells for near anyone with a half a brain.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
    I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

    Comment


    • They try to deduce scum based on votes, individual posts, analytical bull**** and aspey syndromes.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
        They try to deduce scum based on votes, individual posts, analytical bull**** and aspey syndromes.
        You mean they actually play. Heavens to megatroid
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SanchoPanza View Post
          You mean they actually play. Heavens to megatroid
          Haha basically yeah. I've done a couple other games over there and it's very different. We get drunk and yell at each other.

          Comment


          • Also, the OT talk like we do is a major no-no.

            Comment


            • I'm so glad that I died in the games. #superbusy
              2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

              CMD VI Runner Up

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                Also, the OT talk like we do is a major no-no.
                OT is actually on topic most of the time though.

                They are too busy trying to pretend they know things with platitudes and near bumperstick level cliches, that don't hold water. I will take drunk and yelling 10 out of 10 times.

                Still invite some of them over here, and we can see if they will break.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                  Also, the OT talk like we do is a major no-no.
                  There is too much of it here

                  Comment


                  • Wait... So you're supposed to find out who scum is other than just calling them out?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by uslydevilu View Post
                      Wait... So you're supposed to find out who scum is other than just calling them out?
                      How are you supposed to know who scum is if they don't talk about baseball?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                        I imagine scum has a slight advantage when dealing with a group of unfamiliar faces play, since a lot of people try to deduce scummyness by behavioral differences, and you can't judge that when playing with a bunch of randos.
                        I was actually hoping that Rags would point this out midgame. A lot of their reads were based around a player doing <behavior X> which is "inherently scummy". The problem they failed to realize is that what their forum considers scummy very well could be par for the course elsewhere. They nearly had an aneurism when Rags said he didn't vote on day one because they ALWAYS vote D1. Well that's fine and all, but if they played here...they're going to get lynched for being too aggressive to early. It's not "scummy", nor is it "not scummy" - it's just a different framework to operate in.


                        Originally posted by Leelee View Post
                        There is too much of it here
                        Agreed.

                        Comment


                        • Luckily I played a game over there before Champions so had seen that behavior before. But I've played a couple other games over there while waiting for these to finish and I've voted D1.

                          Comment


                          • Sometimes I read posts and get a migraine.
                            Originally posted by Daniel
                            Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                            That's how you sound.
                            lmao

                            Comment


                            • I read a Simpsons game on the Mafiascum forums when I was writing the Simpsons Mafia. I wouldn't say the players were notably more clever but they were definitely more focused on the game. There wasn't any emphasis on post count or posting activity which people obsess over in this forum.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ckane138 View Post
                                I read a Simpsons game on the Mafiascum forums when I was writing the Simpsons Mafia. I wouldn't say the players were notably more clever but they were definitely more focused on the game. There wasn't any emphasis on post count or posting activity which people obsess over in this forum.
                                Inactivity ruins games.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X