This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Body Burner View Post
    I haven't played mafia on any other sites but I think one of problems this site has is that townies are more concerned with looking personally good, and winning a MVP. Instead they should try to find scum and win.
    You're my new favorite.

Comment

I haven't played mafia on any other sites but I think one of problems this site has is that townies are more concerned with looking personally good, and winning a MVP. Instead they should try to find scum and win.
      Town has actually tried doing that recently (I.e Clov's Items, The Walter, LDM)
      Originally posted by Johnnyallstar
      I call dibs on Saban.

I'm gonna suplex that doomtrain so hard.

Comment

• I agree with BB 100%. Players don't mind town dropping into a hole if they can keep quiet and "make a bigger impression on the game" at LYLO. So yes, lategame players win a bunch some of the MVPs by default, but cause-and-effect makes town lose way more games than they should. I've won plenty of MVPs playing my way, as well - its irrelevant. But from the moment a game starts I am trying to help my alignment win instead of trying to make myself look as spotless as possible. I'll get my hands dirty; it's nothing personal to anyone else. But townies need to work together: the whole point of the game is its uninformed majority vs. informed minority.

Additionally, if you strike fear into scum on a regular basis, you start drawing protects and watches and scum becomes very afraid of killing you.
        Originally posted by GongKong
        I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Smuckles View Post
          You're my new favorite.
          Is that good?

Originally posted by SickPuppets View Post
          Town has actually tried doing that recently (I.e Clov's Items, The Walter, LDM)
          Oh okay I didn't play those games

Comment

• The townplay has improved over the last 3-4 games, despite the numerous detractors. Scum are going to have to actually try to win now.
            I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

Is that good?

The Walter was the game I actually started trying in. It was a good time.
              Clov's Items was clov's mini in which Ray, Mrs. Clov and I managed to get scum lynched three days in a row
              LDM I got replaced in due to real life problems but I read the game and it was a fun read.
              --
              Though I haven't been playing here long and I've only played with you...twice. Once in my first game on here (Arkham) in which you never posted and Bottoms Up II.
              I call dibs on Saban.

Comment

• Why can't you do both?
                Originally posted by Daniel
                Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by corycurren View Post
                  The townplay has improved over the last 3-4 games, despite the numerous detractors. Scum are going to have to actually try to win now.
                  So my golden age of winning every game I'm scum is at an end?

It's sad to see the end of an era.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  Blue is right

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post
                    So my golden age of winning every game I'm scum is at an end?

It's sad to see the end of an era.
                    Maybe not, but you can't just mail it in anymore

Comment

Is that good?

Though Monk did come up with the most hilariously executed fakeclaim in mafia history.
                      I call dibs on Saban.

Comment

• I am not saying I am innocent of this but in past games, especially day 1, people would just instantly "no lynch" and not show up till night 1. People seem more focused on using their night abilities than trying to ask questions, present theories, and eliminate scum. I stopped playing for while because day phases turned in a mess of off topic nonsense, and waiting for an investigator to reveal themselves. People role claim quickly to prove worth and give results in order to rise above everyone else. It nice coming back and seeing some new faces and some familiar ones trying to change to culture around here. I actually might play more games, and if the off-topic stuff can be kept down it be more enjoyable to play. Nothing was more frustrating then having a busy day at work where I couldn't get on the site, and find myself buried under a mountain of off-topic BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickPuppets View Post
                          The Walter was the game I actually started trying in. It was a good time.
                          Clov's Items was clov's mini in which Ray, Mrs. Clov and I managed to get scum lynched three days in a row
                          LDM I got replaced in due to real life problems but I read the game and it was a fun read.
                          --
                          Though I haven't been playing here long and I've only played with you...twice. Once in my first game on here (Arkham) in which you never posted and Bottoms Up II.
                          I shouldn't of joined those games. If I didn't already I apologize to the mods. I joined, got swamped at work, and didnt have the motivation to catch up and then before you know it you are hundreds of posts behind.

Comment

I shouldn't of joined those games. If I didn't already I apologize to the mods. I joined, got swamped at work, and didnt have the motivation to catch up and then before you know it you are hundreds of posts behind.
                            I remember you apologizing to JAS. It's understandable some people don't have as much time as others
                            I call dibs on Saban.

Comment

• BB is one of the best players on this Forum - if you won't hear me, Ray or Prince Rags out, at least consider his words.

Comment

• Originally posted by corycurren View Post
                                BB is one of the best players on this Forum - if you won't hear me, Ray or Prince Rags out, at least consider his words.
                                You say it like I don't hear you three out.
                                I call dibs on Saban.

Comment

Working...
                                X