Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafias Dead

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No, but that was totes hilarious as you destroyed cory.
    2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

    CMD VI Runner Up

    Comment


    • Don't abuse over-the-counter drugs and play Mafia, guys.
      Originally posted by GongKong
      I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

      Comment


      • Of course, the only townies that even played the game besides me were MrsClov and Body Burner so we were at a pretty big disadvantage anyway ^.^
        Originally posted by GongKong
        I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by corycurren View Post
          Of course, the only townies that even played the game besides me were MrsClov and Body Burner so we were at a pretty big disadvantage anyway ^.^
          That really isn't true at all. One of the things that made the turbo fun is that outside of SP everyone was involved. What you mean is those people were not on your side in terms of reads. Bcb was clearly playing, but was against you and BB. The rest of the people were cozying up to me due us creating a culture of them being the targets and then me seeming to be the only rational person to defend them.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by corycurren View Post
            Of course, the only townies that even played the game besides me were MrsClov and Body Burner so we were at a pretty big disadvantage anyway ^.^
            Massive disadvantage.
            Originally posted by JoeLegend
            You guys are right im wrong.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
              That really isn't true at all. One of the things that made the turbo fun is that outside of SP everyone was involved. What you mean is those people were not on your side in terms of reads. Bcb was clearly playing, but was against you and BB. The rest of the people were cozying up to me due us creating a culture of them being the targets and then me seeming to be the only rational person to defend them.
              Sorry, rather more that they did not display their thought process in a way others could understand. But I've been spoiled by 2+2 and other forums, this is sort of the general expectation for townplay here.

              Originally posted by jepg View Post
              Massive disadvantage.
              Happy valentines peggers<3
              Originally posted by GongKong
              I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by corycurren View Post
                Sorry, rather more that they did not display their thought process in a way others could understand. But I've been spoiled by 2+2 and other forums, this is sort of the general expectation for townplay here.


                Happy valentines peggers<3
                On that I don't 100% disagree. At the very least bcb should be added to your list. But, also Nas tried to push Mrs. Clov at one point. Lukic got taken out too early to know what he would have done. But, I think its also the general nature of a turbo. Arguments are not going to be as strong. Reads and perception of scummy play are going to be larger driving forces in determining victory.

                Comment


                • Do you still play on 2+2 forums btw?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                    On that I don't 100% disagree. At the very least bcb should be added to your list. But, also Nas tried to push Mrs. Clov at one point. Lukic got taken out too early to know what he would have done. But, I think its also the general nature of a turbo. Arguments are not going to be as strong. Reads and perception of scummy play are going to be larger driving forces in determining victory.
                    You're right on Nas, actually, I just misread him. Should be added, he showed his work and was active. I disagree on bcb, but that's nothing new and probably nothing worth delving into. :P

                    But yeah, turbos are generally quite frantic affairs. I'll put up some guidelines from 2+2 on turbos if we wanna run them here, as 2+2 has been running then long enough to figure out what usually translates to a 50-50 win split (generally 13ers [10 town 3 maf, investigator with n0 investigation] and 9ers [7 town 2 maf, investigator with n0 investigation], but has to be adjusted for power roles). Generally town gets a boost numberwise in turbos as the format is extremely pro-scum.

                    Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                    Do you still play on 2+2 forums btw?
                    Yup, as well as on Dragonmount and Vendetta Strata.
                    Last edited by corycurren; 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM.
                    Originally posted by GongKong
                    I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by corycurren View Post
                      You're right on Nas, actually, I just misread him. I disagree on bcb, but that's nothing new and probably nothing worth delving into. :P



                      Yup, as well as on Dragonmount and Vendetta Strata.
                      Wow. How much do you play at this point? That seems like a lot of games to manage.

                      Also my favorite moment of last nights game has to be your reaction to night 1. "Who the hell would kill Lukic there?"

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, that threw me off like crazy.

                        I'm usually in 4-5 games at a time. Right now just two, so a bit of a lull.

                        I get really bored at work.
                        Originally posted by GongKong
                        I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by corycurren View Post
                          Yeah, that threw me off like crazy.

                          I'm usually in 4-5 games at a time. Right now just two, so a bit of a lull.

                          I get really bored at work.
                          That was my hope. I like to throw in the occasional out of left field kill every few games. It may not seem to benefit me, but you can't beat a kill that gives out zero information.

                          Comment


                          • Still not too sure how I got lynched in the Turbo with no scum on me.

                            Fun game though

                            Comment


                            • You did scummy things :P
                              Originally posted by GongKong
                              I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Andy Q. View Post
                                Still not too sure how I got lynched in the Turbo with no scum on me.

                                Fun game though
                                Speed games are much easier to get mislynched in, especially D1, because there's nothing to really go off of. In extended day phases, more experienced players have the means to really question somebody. If you tried doing a wall of text with several pages of quotes included (like Cory and I often do), you'll miss the entire phase and get nothing out of it. As such, the pressure is on town to make quick, effective decisions.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X