X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SickPuppets
    replied
    I still have no idea what Uni I'm gonna go to, I've got a list of like fifteen that I'm fine with.
    I know my Major at least

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Have fun Swagman. Going to play single player games, or risk swimming in the ocean of chimneysweeps and play multiplayer?

Leave a comment:

• Xmadraven
    replied
    Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    Ended up spending 2500.

Super hype since videogames will be the only thing I do for fun while I am in law school, and gonna start to save dat cash.
    Model?

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Ended up spending 2500.

Super hype since videogames will be the only thing I do for fun while I am in law school, and gonna start to save dat cash.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    My brother is a chimneysweep in a play. Hah.

Leave a comment:

• Body Burner
    replied
    Someone joins Monk's game with me

Leave a comment:

• corycurren
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Q. View Post
    Did you go to school in-state?
    yes

Lollanisters
    lolannisters

Leave a comment:

• Xmadraven
    replied
    Military is my fallback plan if europe falls through the cracks.

Leave a comment:

• monstrman
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    Too straight?
    zing

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Originally posted by monstrman View Post
    I wanted to join the navy

but they don't let my kind of people join
    Too straight?

Leave a comment:

• monstrman
    replied
    I wanted to join the navy

but they don't let my kind of people join

Leave a comment:

• Andy Q.
    replied
    Unfortunately, all the kids who want to join the military in my HS only want to join to "kill towel-heads". It's kinda scary.

But joining as a non-combatant does seem to have its perks.

Leave a comment:

• Clovdyx
    replied
    Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    I ask that all the time. Swag's response is basically the answer for me. In hindsight I would tell anyone to go into the military in some form instead of college. I have worked with a bunch of ex military guys and some still in it. The benefits are insane. Salary may be on the low end, but when you get groceries, rent, and other essentials already covered it is meaningless.
    At 23, without any sort of college (this is untrue, but for our purposes it was) and only a middle-grade enlisted personnel based out of Maryland (this is important, because the number I factor in is going to include my insane housing allowance) I was pulling about $75,000 a year if you factor in benefits. That does NOT include veteran's benefits, such as the fact I'm literally getting PAID to earn a free bachelor's degree.

Anybody that says there's no money to be made in the military is a ****ing moron.

Like IR said here, the "salary" itself tends to be relatively low...but there's nothing a 'regular' bottom tier guy needs to spend money on, besides haircuts and maybe a cell phone. The current payscale is roughly $1,700 a month for an E-2 fresh out of basic. Okay, so for a single 18 year old, that's going to be probably $1,300 a month right out of highschool. With no rent (now we're at 2,200 a month after taxes), groceries ($2,500), insurance ($2,700), or education costs (let's go conservative and say $3,100).

I sure wish I was pulling $45,000 a year right out of HS.

Leave a comment:

• Clovdyx
    replied
    You said I have no ambition, how the **** is that not insulting? lol
    lol I haven't been on the forums since I was advertising my last game, but goddamn, did this make me glad I checked in

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Lollanisters

Leave a comment:

Working...
X