X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like computers
    Originally posted by GongKong
    I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

• That's retard for I'm going into Networking
      Originally posted by Johnnyallstar
      I call dibs on Saban.

I'm gonna suplex that doomtrain so hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by corycurren View Post
        I like computers
        What laptop should I get for mega gaming.

Try to keep below 5000.
        Originally posted by Daniel
        Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
        lmao

Comment

• Best laptop in the world for gaming is $4600, so under 5 grand. http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt80s-titan-sli-072.html

But solid variants of that laptop can be found with lower quality video cards all the way down to $2800 http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt80s-tit...12-p-8749.html , http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt80s-tit...02-p-8751.html

But if you want something that will game well with a more reasonable price, like under $1500

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8677-...e3-p-8650.html for $1200 will play anything well, and be somewhat future proofed.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details is a great deal just under $1000, should handle anything well.

Comment

• I am just staring at these customization options hopelessly. I don't know what is worth extra dollar and what is not.

I know I'm going to be taken advantage of later in my life because I will have disposable income and be hopeless when it comes to this technology stuff and will just defer to whatever "the best" is.
            Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
            lmao

Comment

• Yeah $5000 for a gaming laptop is always going to come out under budget

An Alienware 17/18 should do everything you want it to do and that'll run you under $3000

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-1...d=alienware-18

Something like this with 16GB RAM upgrade should work
              I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

• Most of the customization options can be ignored. Anything under the "Mod Shop" is basically ways to make your latpop unique and as pretty/ugly as you want. Ignore accessories, because it's better if you just find a mouse that you like rather than some generic one they overprice.

The only thing to consider upgrading is if you want more RAM or bigger hard drives, but it's not really vital considering the sizes of the ones in the default options.

Comment

• I feel like the boy crying about having sex in Brave New World.

That's how you sound.
                  lmao

Comment

• What would you guys say would be good to have in terms of the "bells and whistles" on one of these laptops to ensure it can withstand the test of time? Like it would still be a good machine in 5+ years, or is that a lofty expectation?

That's how you sound.
                    lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                      What would you guys say would be good to have in terms of the "bells and whistles" on one of these laptops to ensure it can withstand the test of time? Like it would still be a good machine in 5+ years, or is that a lofty expectation?
                      In 5 years it will be outdated, Good laptops usually last 5-7 years and a higher end one usually lasts closer to the seven mark, At the current rate fo technology expansion you'll be good for 5 years.

As for bells and whistles, Memory,RAM and High quality graphics, you really don't need much else.

JAS is right on this one, http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt80s-titan-sli-072.html

Alienware is a better value though.

Get your mouse, speakers, whatever else you desire. Separate.
                      Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Here's just some basics.

For CPU, either an i5 or i7. An intel i5 will do whatever gaming needs you have as well as any i7. i7s are better for major multitasking, video editing, and streaming to the internet, but just for gaming an i5 will get you whatever you need. The i7 is better overall, but more expensive and more future proofed. Once games utilizing directX 12 come out, the i7 might actually give a noticeable performance boost, but right now it's minimal.

For RAM, bare minimum 4 gigs. Prefer 8GB or 16GB, though more is always better.

For GPUs I'll admit I haven't paid attention to ATI chips, but most good ones use nvidias. A gtx 960M is the lowest you should consider, it's a good card for a budget price. The gtx 970Ms are considered the best bang for the buck but have a higher cost. The gtx 980Ms are the premium right now and will kill any game right now and be the most future proofed, but are the most expensive. Look for a GPU that offers at least 3GB of dedicated GPU RAM, it will be called GDDR5.

There are a few laptops which can have a desktop gpu (see gtx 970M vs gtx970) and that's an expensive, but more powerful option. A very few offer dual mobile GPU configurations called SLI, which are very expensive and extremely powerful option.
                        Last edited by Johnnyallstar; 02-22-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• When it comes to different i7 processors it's basically the same debate that the 2009 CPU masturbating neaderthals had with the "omg how many instances of Crysis can I run"

quad core remains pretty underutilized for the gold standard nowadays

Comment

• i gravitate toward NVIDIA gfx over ATI chips by default since almost every high-end graphical PC game is created with NVIDIA in mind

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                              I don't even think you believe this portion. Although I get what you are saying. Better companies in higher paying jobs have successful people that usually have at least classical smarts and talents.

Swag, like you has natural brain power, and also the natural smugness that goes with that brain power. Granted he indulges in his smugness and you indulge in political skills and side stepping the pitfalls of being out of the closet smug.

But such is life in the big city.

I still have fantasies of your run for President. Granted you are getting up there in age without being on that train, but we have to have dreams, right?

Swag on the other hand, will be the solicitor general and argue you are not natural born in front of the Supreme Court.

See the difference. Both are very successful people. Both have merits. Both are kinda cogs in the same machine.
                              Originally posted by Andy Q. View Post
                              InjuredReserve 2016?

#AllinforIR
                              Wish I had gone the more political route out of college. I would have enjoyed campaigning for people. It would have been interesting. Plus have few entrenched beliefs so could have been a solid mercenary type.

I feel like those kind of moves seemed scary at the time bc you make so little money to start. Then i came to realize I dont actually like that many things. I am basically Ron Livingston from office space. Having money would just entail not doing anything. Nothing else I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                                I don't even think you believe this portion. Although I get what you are saying. Better companies in higher paying jobs have successful people that usually have at least classical smarts and talents.

Swag, like you has natural brain power, and also the natural smugness that goes with that brain power. Granted he indulges in his smugness and you indulge in political skills and side stepping the pitfalls of being out of the closet smug.

But such is life in the big city.

I still have fantasies of your run for President. Granted you are getting up there in age without being on that train, but we have to have dreams, right?

Swag on the other hand, will be the solicitor general and argue you are not natural born in front of the Supreme Court.

See the difference. Both are very successful people. Both have merits. Both are kinda cogs in the same machine.
                                Originally posted by Andy Q. View Post
                                InjuredReserve 2016?

#AllinforIR
                                Originally posted by corycurren View Post
                                i gravitate toward NVIDIA gfx over ATI chips by default since almost every high-end graphical PC game is created with NVIDIA in mind
                                Computer talk is gibberish to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X