X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Q.
    replied
    Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    I ask that all the time. Swag's response is basically the answer for me. In hindsight I would tell anyone to go into the military in some form instead of college. I have worked with a bunch of ex military guys and some still in it. The benefits are insane. Salary may be on the low end, but when you get groceries, rent, and other essentials already covered it is meaningless.
    I'm going into college right now. Lots of tough choices ahead. I am considering joining the Peace Corps while I still have my youth.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to get an Associate's Degree from Community College and then join the Corps?

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    Originally posted by corycurren View Post
    To this day I still don't know why I went to college
    Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    Because it seemed like you were supposed to.
    I ask that all the time. Swag's response is basically the answer for me. In hindsight I would tell anyone to go into the military in some form instead of college. I have worked with a bunch of ex military guys and some still in it. The benefits are insane. Salary may be on the low end, but when you get groceries, rent, and other essentials already covered it is meaningless.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Q.
    replied
    Did you go to school in-state?

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    Because a paper on the wall actually effects outcome more than hard work.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Girls

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Because it seemed like you were supposed to.

Leave a comment:

• bcb1213
    replied
    So delay adulting for another few years

Leave a comment:

• corycurren
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by GongKong View Post
    Most expensive pieces of artwork I own. And I own a few smaller expensive artworks.
    Yeah. BS in Criminology. Minor in political science and philosophy (concentration in English!!). Acquiring my JD, but maintaining part-time enrollment in undergrad to get the last 12 credits I need to change my minor in political science to a BA, possibly upgrade my concentration to a minor since that is only 6 more credits. It will end up costing about 10K for that because I am not eligible for academic scholarship for undergrad since I graduated, but at least I'm paying only a grand total of 12K in tuition for three years of law school.

Oh, and I need to have duplicates made of each degree because I am going to want them in both my study and office because ego problems.

Leave a comment:

• GongKong
    replied
    Originally posted by bcb1213 View Post
    Random craft beer bottle labels aren't artwork gong
    lolol. Very good point.

But some Habenero Sculpin may disagree.

Leave a comment:

• bcb1213
    replied
    Originally posted by GongKong View Post
    Most expensive pieces of artwork I own. And I own a few smaller expensive artworks.
    Random craft beer bottle labels aren't artwork gong

Leave a comment:

• Xmadraven
    replied
    I have some serious psychological issues and work due to an inherent desire to reassure myself of my own importance and superiority to others. Seriously, I have wasted so much money on education that I do not need . Why? Because I want to have some pieces of paper put on my wall in a nice frame and impress people who don't know me when they read my resume.
    Who needs education when you be a con man.

Leave a comment:

• GongKong
    replied
    I have some serious psychological issues and work due to an inherent desire to reassure myself of my own importance and superiority to others. Seriously, I have wasted so much money on education that I do not need . Why? Because I want to have some pieces of paper put on my wall in a nice frame and impress people who don't know me when they read my resume.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• corycurren
    replied
    I don't like ****, I don't go outside

Leave a comment:

Working...
X