Creepypasta Mafia Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepypasta Mafia Game Thread

It’s pitch-black in the room when Blue finally wakes up. It only takes a few moments of tugging for him to realize the ropes tying him to the chair aren’t going to budge, and only a few moments longer before a crack of light invades the darkness. A silhouette walks towards him from the light of the doorway. A man. Or something that looks like a man.

“So we finally woke up, hm? How are we feeling? Pretty good? No? I know it’s no fun being taken out of the game so early. The disappointment, the anger, being so close and then…”

The man makes a slashing gesture with the machete he’s holding in his right hand. Blue can dimly see a smile on the man’s face.

“What do you want from me?”

The man laughs. “You? I don’t want anything from you. I just want ya to die!”

The man kneels down right in front of Blue, planting the tip of the machete blade into the wooden floor as he looks him in the eye.

“Cause, **** it, you’re smart. You’re a thinker. You watch, you learn, you figure **** out. And we can’t have that. You’re one of the last, you know that? You’re all that’s left. Now it’s my ****ing turn.”

Blue just glares at him. The man’s smile widens as he looks down at the floor and starts idly carving into it with the blade.

“I’ve been waiting a long time for this. And to celebrate, I think I’ll have some fun with this precious little Town you’ve been hiding in.”

Blue spits, hitting the man in the eye. He jerks back, a little surprised by this show of defiance. Then, that eerie smile creeps back onto his face. The thing chuckles. “Still some fight left in you, huh? Good! That makes the next part even better.”

The sun will not shine the next morning; gray storm clouds cover the sky, promising rain. As Town awakens and head to their daily business, they inevitably all pass by the City Hall. And all invariably look up to see Blue’s skin, flying at half-mast.

Blue is dead. He was The Man in the Purple Shirt, Town-Aligned.

Across the street, a message is written in blood on the courthouse steps:

“WELCOME RABBITS. YOUR PROTECTOR IS DEAD.

SO LET’S PLAY A GAME. I’LL BE IN TOUCH.

REGARDS,”

Nothing else remains.

RULES:

1. Keep discussion on-topic. If you want to talk about baseball, take it to Blah! No one wants to trudge through pages of off-topic talk while trying to catch up. Talking about creepypasta in general is not only allowed, but encouraged!
    2. Do not talk about the game outside the game thread unless otherwise specified.
    3. No editing posts. Double, triple, etc. posting is fine.
    4. Night phases will last exactly 24 hours unless I get all PMs in before then. And…I suggest you get them in quickly.
    5. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING FOR
    6. To vote to lynch someone, you must bold the word “Lynch” and their name (i.e., Lynch Blue). You must unlynch in the same manner before voting to lynch someone else.
    7. Voting during the Day phase will end with a majority decision. I reserve the right to issue a deadline if discussion stalls.
    8. Do not post information from your Night PM prior to the Night writeup being posted.
    9. Do not read the Who’s Online list. Checking profiles to see when someone was last online is fine.
    10. PISS AND MOAN, PISS AND MOAN. YOU COMPLAIN AS IF THIS GAME IS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT
    11. I reserve the right to modkill for any violation of these rules.
    12. No deadposting. When you’re dead, you’re dead. No deadchats either. I will make one when the time comes. If you have a chatroom set up, send me a link and the password.
    13. Do not post screenshots of any game-related PMs or information. You may quote from any game-related PM (unless otherwise specified). Do not post/quote information that you are explicitly told not to reveal.
    14. IF ANYONE ASKS, I MADE YOU DO IT

Player list:

0. Blue - The Man in the Purple Shirt, Town-Aligned SUCK IT NECKBEARD
    1. Ragnarok - The Tarot Master, Town-Aligned
    2. MD4L
    3. Corycurren - BEN, Creepypasta-Aligned
    4. bcb1213
    5. InjuredReserve - The Skin Taker, Creepypasta-Aligned
    6. SickPuppets - HABIT, Creepypasta-Aligned
    7. football2ky - The Rake, Creepypasta-Aligned
    8. Friese - The Writer, Independent
    9. Monk - The Drunk, Town-Aligned
    10. Andy Q
    11. Walter
    12. uslydevilu - The Exorcist, Town-Aligned
    13. Swag Dynasty - The Paranormal Researcher, SCP-Aligned
    14. JLash
    15. Clovdyx - Slender Man, Slender-Aligned
    16. Alastair
    17. SanchoPanza - Sarah O'Bannon, Independent
    18. Rackcitysteelers
    19. Centurion
    20. Johnnyallstar - Sally, Town-Aligned
    21. MrsClov - The Mortician, Town-Aligned
    22. PR - Masky, Slender-Aligned
    23. Jepg
    24. Daniel
    25. Ckane138

Day 1: Ragnarok becomes a victim of the Town's fear
    Night 1: Shotgun justice prevails as Clovdyx survives the claws of death
    Day 2: Clovdyx falls prey to football2ky's paranoia
    Night 2: Johnny's playtime is over, Swag's research comes to an end, and several discoveries are made
    Day 3: Corycurren meets with a terrible fate
    Night 3: Skinnings and kidnappings and suicides, oh my!
    Day 4: SickPuppets is surprisingly healthy after being lynched
    Night 4: MrsClov becomes the victim of a German's revenge
    Day 5: Friese has written his last story
    Night 5: WAKE UP
    Day 6: football2ky meets with a terrible fate
    Night 6: SickPuppets gets a smackdown
    Day 7: With IR's death, Town is free from fear

It is now Day 1. With 25 alive, it’s 13 to lynch! DESIGNATE A RUNT OF THE LITTER, RABBITS
    Last edited by Blue; 11-09-2013, 05:32 PM.
    Originally posted by jepg
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    Blue is right

Town

Ragnarok was:

The Tarot Master, Town-Aligned

You immigrated to this Town many years ago from Europe, abandoning most of your gypsy ways to fit in. However, you kept up your tarot card play, just for fun and the entertainment of the rest of Town. Good thing too, since now you can use it to figure out the strange goings-on in the area.

Each Night, you may do one of three things:

-Divine how many Town and non-Town are left in the game.
    -View another player’s Night PM (your choice).
    -Lie detect a player’s post of your choice.

You cannot choose any of these abilities on consecutive Nights.

You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    Targeted by Cory’s Fear ability on Day 1. Creepypasta were amused by the idea of killing a major proponent of No Lynch on Day 1 with a No Lynch result. Not a bad choice, and frankly a better target than Jepg based on ability alone.

MD4L was:

The Innocent Child, Town-Aligned

Too young to know of evil or corruption, you are this Town’s ray of hope during a dark, dark time. Everyone in Town is happy to see your shining face, no matter what time of day or night.

Each Night, you may visit a player of your choice. You will see everyone who visits that player during that Night phase; however, your target will receive this information, not you. If you are targeted for a kill, your target will die protecting you instead; all other protection abilities override this. If this happens, you will receive the Watcher info.

Secret information: Non-Town will not protect The Innocent Child and will not die if TIC is targeted for a kill. If TIC’s target dies protecting them, TIC will become vanilla.
    Some perplexing thread play throughout the game; calling for Jepg to be killed by the Vig for the first several phases, for example. His reads, at least those he brought up in the thread, were generally wrong. Did his job as far as his role went, although I’m disappointed he didn’t see through football’s ridiculous claim and chose to watch him Night 2.

Bcb1213 was:

The Dreamer, Town-Aligned

Ever since the odd happenings around Town began, you’ve been get these strange dreams involving other members of the Town. One of the figures in your dreams, whom you refer to only as This Man, seems to want to help. As the only person he can communicate with, he has enlisted you to stop the nightmarish events that have begun happening to your Town.

Each Night, you will have a dream that will reveal to you the relationship between two players (friendly, unfriendly, antagonistic, etc.).

You may communicate with: This Man

Posting restriction: You must refer to your mason partner as “this man” instead of his user name in the game thread. You may not explain why.

Secret information: Will visit one of the two players or This Man during the Night phase while sleepwalking. Friendly = same alignment, unfriendly = different alignment but may win with each other, antagonistic = one must die for the other to win. Subject to all Miller results.
    Good targets, although using PR two Nights in a row was not a bright idea, as jepg pointed out. Amusingly, targeted nothing but non-Town on the first two Nights and only Town the rest of the game. Swapping roles with his partner was smart, especially given Andy Q.’s one-shot NK immunity, but Andy being unable to talk during the Day meant that you couldn’t really push his results. And things could have been bad given Andy claimed to have results on a Night he also claimed to be roleblocked (Night 2). You’re lucky things played out differently.

Monkers was:

The Drunk, Town-Aligned

Like most drunks, you’re a pitiable figure in this Town, known for getting hammered like nobody’s business. Due to your drinking habit, you’re used to wandering around late at night. Honestly, the weird things going on nowadays has worked out well for you, since now there are plenty of folks to run into and lead you home to your bed instead of waking up in the gutter the next day.

Each Night, you may PM me the name of one player. You will “happen” to run into them on your way back to the bar and convince them to take you back to your house. You will protect your target from kills, but not other Night actions.

Killed Night 1 by Friese. Targeted InjuredReserve. Not much else to say.

Andy Q. was:

This Man, Town-Aligned

Known only as “This Man,” you appear to people in their dreams as a source of comfort in dark times, times such as those this Town now finds itself in. As one of the few protectors from the supernatural that humanity has left, Town may not lose as long as you are alive.

Since you appear only in dreams, you may not post during the Day phase and may not explain why you are unable to post during the Day. Each Night, you may give your lynch vote to another player (you may not give it to your mason partner except on Day 1). You will also survive one attempt to Nightkill you. Lastly, once during the game, you may post and bold the phrase “Wake up” three times (three separate posts) to end a Night phase early. For Day 1 ONLY, your partner controls your lynch vote.

You may communicate with: The Dreamer
    Andy did alright with what he had to work with. As mentioned with bcb, he made a mistake admitting he was roleblocked the Night he supposedly had a result on Cory and PR. Wasn’t around a whole lot from what I could tell and missed his PM on Night 1, but otherwise didn’t draw enough attention to get pressure on him, so gg I guess.

Walter was:

Herobrine, Town-Aligned

Rumored to be the dead brother of Minecraft creator Notch, you mysteriously appear from time to time near strange structures and tunnels in the landscape. Somehow you’ve arrived in this Town, bringing your relatively non-threatening presence with you.

Each Night, you may choose to leave Town to work on your finest creation: a massive temple dedicated to yourself. You may still be roleblocked on these Nights, preventing you from working.

Once the pyramid has been completed, you may select a one-shot ability from the following list: Daykill, self revival, end phase early, Day investigation, or roleblock all non-Town for one Night. Once you have chosen you may not change your mind, so choose carefully.

At the start of the game, you also possess a martyr kill. If you are lynched, you may choose one player to take with you. It may be any player in the game and does not have to be one of the players who voted for you.

You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated and your pyramid has been completed.

Secret information: It takes four uninterrupted Nights to complete the pyramid.
    A pretty powerful role no matter how you slice it. Walt is very, very good at not attracting attention in the thread or during Night phases, although a couple people tried to get to him in the first four Nights. He wasn’t a true commuter in the sense he could still be targeted and roleblocked, but anyone who tried to visit or locate him couldn’t (i.e., tracker, watcher, redirector couldn’t affect him). Smart to use the universal roleblock as soon as he got it, and I still can’t believe football and ckane owned up to being blocked that quickly.

On a somewhat related note, Herobrine was both Creepypasta and Independent at various points in making the game, but I figured that although he’s an intimidating figure, he doesn’t actually hurt anyone in most of the pastas about him. Hence, Town.

Uslydevilu was:

The Exorcist, Town-Aligned

They called you crazy when you started stockpiling heavy weaponry and holy water, but who’s crazy now? Well, still you, cause that kind of behavior is really weird. You’ve spent all of the last twenty minutes training to combat supernatural evils, and you’re ready to do your part to stop this madness.

Each Night, you may PM me the name of one player you wish to target. You will attack that player with your holy shotgun of righteousness, killing them. Once during the game, you may stay up all Night and kill anyone who comes through your door.

Secret information: Will automatically kill Sarah O’Bannon if she targets him after she has been lynched. Exorcist may not be recruited. Will kill HABIT instead of HABIT’s victim if Exorcist targets either. Will appear as Madness-aligned for the rest of the game if he kills a Town player.
    Usly wins JVP on the back of doing things I don’t understand. Like, you understand you don’t have to kill someone every Night, right? He’s not LVP because he did manage to hit non-Town both Nights, even if they were completely harmless non-Town at the time. Choosing to view the smile.dog disk and thus basically kill himself sealed the JVP deal.

JLash was:

The YouTuber, Town-Aligned

A college student with an active presence on YouTube and an amateur interest in cameras, you’ve decided to go out and investigate some of the weird phenomena around town by following people around and taping them without their permission. What a creeper you are.

Each Night, you may PM me the name of one player you wish to track. You will record on film who that player visits during the Night phase. When choosing your target, you may also choose to have your results posted in the Night writeup and signed with any pseudonym you wish to use, as long as it is NOT the user name of another player. You MUST choose whether to post your results or not when you send in your Night PM.

Not only your Town MVP but also Game MVP. JLash had some of the worst luck to start the game and I can only imagine what was going through his head after being recruited Night 1, blocked Night 2, and suddenly becoming Town again Night 3. Only posted his results once but was smart enough to realize what was going on with bcb, instead of calling him out as a liar and forcing a roleclaim. Clearly didn’t buy football’s awful fakeclaim, unlike several other Townies. His decision to kill SickPuppets and track IR on Night 6 would have essentially ensured a Town win on Day 7 if IR had sent in a PM. As it was, he saved Town another Night and probably saved someone’s win by killing Sick.

Alastair was:

An Hero, Town-Aligned

The Town is under a grave threat, and only you can stop it! At least, that’s what you tell yourself. Really you’re just some dumb kid who is in waaaaay over his head. But hey, maybe with a little luck you can actually make a difference here. Probably not though. Probably just get yourself killed doing something stupid.

Each Night, you may use one of the following abilities. You may use each ability only once.

-Roleblock a player
    -Redirect a player to a target of your choice
    -Investigate a player, 50% chance to learn alignment or role name
    -Make someone vote for a player of your choice (including themselves)
    -Protect a player
    -Protect a player from being lynched

That’s not all, though! Because you’re crazy like a fox, you’ve strapped a bomb to your waist armed with a deadman switch. You will kill the last person to lynch you or the person who Nightkills you. You may not roleclaim bomb in any way, shape, or form, not even jokingly (you want it to be a surprise!). Failure to follow this restriction will result in modkill.

Secret information: Neither An Hero nor his victim may be revived.
    Decent game. Knew he was going to get lynched on Day 5 and saved himself from it, indirectly leading to Friese getting lynched instead. The bomb bit of his role is why he didn’t want to hammer himself that phase; he wasn’t sure if he would trigger the bomb despite being unlynchable. Obviously, it didn’t.

Rackcitysteelers was:

The Psychic, Town-Aligned

You made your claim to fame investigating psychic phenomenon for a popular TV network. Despite your rather capitalist leanings, your abilities are legit and you have a knack for finding out things hidden to others.

Each Night, you may ask the spirits (me) one yes or no question. Choose carefully, you may not like the answers you get. I will not answer questions regarding alignment (“Is so-and-so Town-Aligned?”, for example). Be more creative if you want that kind of information.

I think next time I include an oracle role they’ll be restricted to questions about game mechanics and not specific players or roles. That said, Rack gets an Honorable Mention Town MVP for the use of his ability. Targeted four non-Town in five Nights of getting his PM in, and didn’t have a bigger impact on the game purely because of things outside his control.

Centurion was:

The Night Watchman, Town-Aligned

As the acting officer during the night hours, it’s your job to go around Town and make sure nothing strange is going on. With the current atmosphere, of course, there’s plenty of strange going on, so you’ve decided to focus on one area of Town each Night.

Each Night phase, you may PM me the name of one player you wish to visit. If anyone goes to that player’s house, you will redirect them somewhere else; you don’t know where and you don’t really care.

Cent had the single-most entertaining play of the game on Night 3 when he targeted Ckane. No fewer than three other people ended up targeting Ckane that phase, which could have ended very badly. He played it alright, it was a bit of a tricky bodyguard role and didn’t truly prevent any abilities from working.

Johnnyallstar was:

Sally, Town-Aligned

Before your creepy uncle molested and murdered you, you were just a normal little girl. Even now, you aren’t really all that upset about your death. You just want people to come play with you, and your favorite dolly.

Each Night, you may invite one person to come play with you. That player will be roleblocked as a result. Because you simply appear within your target’s home, you may not be tracked.

Targeted both original Slender players in his two Nights of life, so bravo on that front. There wasn’t a lot of thread play to comment on. I was a little disappointed no one really talked about what his role could be; Sally is from the Come Play With Me Creepypasta and was supposed to be representative of the “scary undead little girl” trope.

MrsClov was:

The Mortician, Town-Aligned

As the Town’s resident identifier of dead things, you’ve seen some crazy **** in your time, like that one guy who was raped to death with a sledgehammer. What’s going on now takes the cake though. You’ve decided to offer your post-mortem talents to help figure out what’s going on.

Each Night, you may target one dead player to learn their most recently-used ability and their last Night’s results. You also have a small chance of reviving any player you target.

Secret information: Mortician has a 20% chance of reviving their target.
    This was a strong Town power role, although I think MrsClov forgot about the revive aspect to it; otherwise, why would you target Cory on Night 3? Luck wasn’t with her on the RNG, and unfortunately the only target who actually used an ability was Cory…who she never got to reveal her results on thanks to Friese. Pretty quiet in the thread, but she got her PMs in on time and knew what was going on from what I could tell.

Jepg was:

The Postman, Town-Aligned

You just deliver the mail. Nothing more, nothing less, rain or shine, doomsday monster apocalypse or not. Lately, you’ve noticed that people have been sending each other letters at a much more frequent rate, and being the nosy jerk that you are, you’ve developed a variety of ways to find out what these letters say.

Each Day phase, you may select one player to visit. That player will be informed that they’ve been visited by the postman and may compose a message to another player that Night. As the carrier of the letter and a notorious snoop, you will be privy to whatever is said in the message.

I think Jepg enjoyed snooping on the things other people had to say to each other. He was so pissed off when IR didn’t send anything of interest to football on Night 3, lol. Generally excellent reads on people in the game thread, although I have to knock him a bit for buying the silly claim football used. Honorable Mention Town MVP.

Daniel was:

The Collector, Town-Aligned

A long time ago, you made your money as a successful businessman and investor, but you have since retired to this sleepy little Town. Collecting rare artifacts, particularly those with paranormal origins, has long been your favorite hobby. Unfortunately, some of the Town might think this whole situation is your fault because of that. As a result, each Day phase that does not end in a non-Town player dying, the number of votes needed to lynch you will decrease by one, to a minimum of one vote to lynch you.

Each Night, you may use an item in your collection, listed below. You may use each item only once. The recipient may or may not be told all of the information about the item. You may not give yourself any items.

-Ouija board. The recipient may ask the moderator one yes or no question.
    -Horace Horrible Doll: Recipient’s ability only has a 50% chance of working.
    -Monster Pot: Recipient has choice to open it or not. Kills first person to target the recipient that Night if left unopened. If opened, has a chance to kill or roleblock and silence the player.
    -Five-string Guitar: Motivates recipient every Night but reduces vote to lynch recipient to 33% of remaining players.
    -Evan’s Bat: Recipient may attempt to kill a player of their choice. The bat will only work if they target a supernatural being. The bat is still “used” if the kill fails.
    -The Portrait of Roisin Dhu: Recipient may form a lover’s pair with any other player. They may communicate with each other outside the thread, but if one dies, the other dies as well.
    -SCP-005: The “Skeleton Key” prevents the recipient from being roleblocked or redirected.
    -Jay’s Camera: Target will have some protection from Night kills, but other…things may happen to them instead.

Secret information: Monster Pot has 25% chance to kill player and 75% chance to roleblock and silence. Camera will force Creepypasta killer to perform normal Night action on player, will reveal but not block Exorcist and Amateur Author in Night writeup, and will lightning rod Slender Man’s random vote ability every Night until player’s death. Camera will simply prevent every other Nightkill ability, but ability will not be wasted. Collector investigates as Creepypasta-Aligned so long as he has at least one item remaining.
    I don’t think Daniel read his role PM very carefully, for a couple reasons, but he was only at like -2 to his votes needed to lynch by the end of the game. Generally pretty good with his gifts and targets, although why you chose to give the Monster Pot on Night 1 to anyone is a mystery to me. And why not give the Horace Horrible Doll to SickPuppets after he survived a kill? That said you didn’t play this role poorly at all.

Creepypasta

SickPuppets was:

HABIT, Creepypasta-Aligned

Known only as “mankind’s bad habit,” your origins are shrouded in mystery. But where you come from doesn’t matter. What matters is causing as much chaos, death, pain, and suffering as possible, all for your own entertainment. In recent years, you’ve taken to killing off the more benign supernatural beings, leaving humanity more and more vulnerable to your predation. Blue and this little Town are just your latest victims.

Each Night, you may PM me the name of one player you wish to possess. You may redirect that player to a target of your choice. As a spirit, you may not be tracked or watched. Depending on your target, other abilities may be unlocked. You may not be lynched until your teammates are dead, although you may be vulnerable at Night.

On Nights when you possess the factional kill, the player you possess will visit their original target as normal, then head to your target to kill them. The player you possess will, for all intents and purposes, be shown as the killer.

You win when Creepypasta-aligned outnumber all other factions.

You may communicate with: The Rake, The Skin Taker, BEN

Secret information: Possessed target will die in HABIT’s place if he targets any PGO ability except Exorcist, who will kill HABIT but not the possessee. If Postman or YouTuber is targeted, HABIT may take control of their abilities to post or send whatever he wants.
    SickPuppets didn’t have very good Night targets, but most of that was due to Creepypasta being very, very bad at figuring out people’s roles without roleclaims. I also don’t understand why he got the kill on Night 2-I expected IR to get the kill to give him a vote as soon as possible (see IR’s role if you don’t know what I mean by that). Wouldn’t you want to save the HABIT kill for when an outed investigator came up? This role was intended to fool trackers and watchers, after all. I think that was more just poor factional play than SickPuppets. Ultimately SickPuppets’ lack of thread activity and tendency to lurk exposed him, and he didn’t even try to come up with a decent fakeclaim even though I provided one to all scum except Sancho and SCP (and IR, who never asked for it). Some poor play, but I hope he takes it as a learning experience. Post more in the games, even if it’s just to comment on what’s going on, because right now it’s a big tell for a player who would otherwise fly under the radar all game.

Football2ky was:

The Rake, Creepypasta-Aligned

A modern-day banshee, you whisper the names of your victims as you crouch by their beds at night, waiting for the day when their time is up. HABIT found you, somewhere, somehow, and now you serve him like a dog serves his master-loyally and without question.

You’ve shown an impressive predilection for surviving conventional attempts to kill you in the past; as a result, you require one additional vote to be lynched. Each Night, you may scare a target of your choice in their home, roleblocking them.

You are your faction’s killer for Night 1. A different member of your faction will inherit the kill each Night; your faction must tell me on Day 1 in what order you would like the kill to be inherited to start the game. Each surviving member must receive the kill before any member may kill twice, thrice, and so forth.

On Nights when you possess the factional kill, anyone who visits your target that Night will be frightened away and their ability will fail. This includes most protectors.

You may communicate with: HABIT, The Skin Taker, BEN

Secret information: If Creepypasta-Aligned is lynched Day 1, Rake will become only factional killer. Kill will not scare away The Innocent Child.
    Not merely the Scum LVP but Game LVP for some of the worst thread play I have seen in a long time. Your lynch on Day 2 was a classic example of someone getting lynched not because of the case against them, but their overreaction to it. Jepg had nothing on you and still got you lynched over an outed godfather. Cory had to waste an ability to save you that A) he could have used to save himself and B) used to claim an ability that would have “cleared” him as Town. I don’t understand why you not only chose to ignore the fakeclaim I gave you (which fit with your actual ability), but to also claim you were a vengeful supernatural roleblocker who couldn’t be killed. How and why Town believed that for so long, I have no idea. Admitting you were roleblocked the Night no supernatural kill happened was bad enough, but doing it when a teammate told you not to say anything and with no one asking you directly about it?

All this on top of constantly pushing people to roleclaim with almost no pressure on them was also incredibly scummy and brought a lot of attention to you that you didn’t need. You also attached yourself to your teammates quite a bit, which probably didn’t help your case any around Day 5. I don’t understand why you did anything you did in-thread. Next game, try to sit back and do more reads of players than demanding information. Controlling the flow of information is key in Mafia and you need to work on how you get that information, both as Town and especially as scum.

InjuredReserve was:

The Skin Taker, Creepypasta-Aligned

Once you were the major villain of a terrifying children’s show that came into existence in the static between stations. Having finally escaped from terrorizing Candle Cove, it’s time for you to make your mark in the real world. You’ve joined a group of like-minded beings to wreak havoc in this Town.

You may vote on Day 1, but your vote will not count towards any lynch. Each Night phase, you may steal the skin of another player. In the process, you will steal that player’s vote. Additionally, you will appear as that player’s role to all investigators and upon death. If you die while wearing another player’s skin, you will show up as their role and alignment until that player dies as well. Your target will receive his skin and vote back at the end of the Day phase.

On Nights when you possess the factional kill, you will skin your target and add their pelt to your cape. Once you have successfully killed someone, you will be able to vote even without stealing someone else’s vote. If you do steal a vote after this, you will have a doublevote (until the phase ends). You do not receive your target’s role; however, you will appear as your target’s alignment until the start of the next Night phase. Your kill takes priority over investigation abilities.

You may communicate with: HABIT, The Rake, BEN
    Not a bad game but not what I was hoping for from you. Inactivity really hurt your faction; I don’t think football goes off the rails as much with you around to direct him. Not sure why you focused so much on stealing MD4L’s role/alignment, I and others got a scummy vibe from him throughout the game. In fact, you would probably have died Night 2 if Clov had lived, since Clov needing to kill MD4L to win and he investigated you as The Innocent Child on Night 1.

Corycurren was:

BEN, Creepypasta-Aligned

A freakish electronic demon, you took the name of one of your recent victims after driving him to suicide (he drowned himself, of course). Now that you’ve joined up with HABIT and his gang, you can use fear and paranoia to wreak havoc in this pitiful Town.

You have several one-shot abilities you may use. One full Day and Night cycle must pass between uses of these abilities.

-Fear: This Day phase will last only 24 hours from this point on (this will be announced in-thread). If no player is lynched by the end of the phase, you may choose any player to be killed as Town loses control and panics.
    -Paranoia: When any player is lynched, they will lose control and kill the player with the second-most lynch votes instead. The Day phase will end at this point. If no other player has a lynch vote on them, this ability will be wasted.
    -Darkness: This Day phase’s lynch will be anonymous. Players must PM Blue in order for their lynch vote to count.
    -Possession: Anyone who targets you this Night phase will be roleblocked and forced to vote for a player of your choice the next Day phase.
    -Condemnation: All players currently voting for someone will be unable to unlynch. Votes cast after this point will be able to be changed.

On Nights when you possess the factional kill, you will be able to burn your victims alive. Their role and alignment will not be revealed, except to you. They may not be revived.

You may communicate with: HABIT, The Rake, The Skin Taker
    You were very excited to get this role, and with good reason; it was extremely powerful. In the three Days you were alive you got some decent mileage out of it. Your behind-the-scenes play was as good as anyone’s, although I’m putting it on you for not PMing me to kill Jepg instead of Ragnarok; I don’t know if you were counting on me going into the chat before posting the writeup, but I had already told you I wasn’t taking Night actions from the chats. These abilities were designed to help scum control the lynch in late game and to ensure that enough of them lived to get there, but that’s not how things played out. A shame.

Slender

Clovdyx was:

Slender Man, Slender-Aligned

An eldritch horror and the stuff of nightmares, nobody knows what you really are or where you came from. Which is probably a good thing, because most people who meet you don’t enjoy the experience.

According to lore, you also have a special “taste” for small children, and to that end you seek to satisfy your craving by making The Innocent Child disappear, one way or another.

Your ongoing feud with the creature known as HABIT is well-known amongst even normal humans. You’ll have to dispense with him at some point to ensure your total control over the Town.

Lastly, there is a group of SCP operatives in the area, hunting down supernatural activity. Eliminate them.

You may PM me the name of one player each Night to stalk, inducing paranoia and making them vote randomly the following Day phase. You have three other abilities that cycle:

-Investigate a player of your choice to learn their role name and whether they may be recruited.
    -Kill a player of your choice.
    -Roleblock a player of your choice.

You must use each ability once before using any of them again (then twice, and so on). You may use whichever ability is currently active each Night in addition to your stalking ability. You may target the same player with each ability, or two different targets; your choice. Lastly, if Masky is alive, you will survive one attempt to kill you, whether through NK or lynch.

You win when The Innocent Child, HABIT, and the SCP team are all dead, AND Slender-Aligned players outnumber all other factions. If Masky dies, you only have to complete the first half of your win condition.

You may communicate with: Masky
    The most complicated and (I think) interesting role in the game, and he was killed on Day 2. Ugh. The writeup made it pretty clear you were Slender Man, but credit you for letting Town give you outs and contemplating leaving you alone. I think you and your faction would have done well had you managed to survive that phase. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

PR was:

Masky, Slender-Aligned

You were once just another Townie like everyone else, but that was before the Slender Man found you and made you his loyal servant. Now your only goal in life is to spread his word to the rest of your former friends and family.

Each Night, you may PM me the name of one player you wish to bring into the Slender fold. If successful, that player will join your faction. Be warned: you only have two uses, and if you die, your recruits will be freed from Slender Man’s control. Once you have used both recruitments, you may receive an additional ability.

You win when Slender-Aligned players outnumber all other factions.

You may communicate with: Slender Man

Secret information: Masky may only recruit humans. He also may not recruit The Psychic, SCP-Aligned, or The Innocent Child. After recruiting, may visit a player each Night with 25% of roleblock, investigation, redirection, or nothing.
    PR was unexpectedly inactive, and it hurt Slender a little bit I think. Not a lot of time spent in chat discussing targets or strategery. The fakeclaim I gave him wasn’t that great, admittedly, but it would have worked well with the ability he would have gotten after recruiting. A shame he switched off bcb on Night 2 (I think) to Swag, although given Slender was completely RBed that Night it didn’t really matter.

SCP

Ckane138 was:

Paranormal Investigator, SCP-Aligned

As a special agent for the SCP, you have years of training to spot supernatural activity. You’ve been dispatched to this particular area due to reports of unusual paranormal activity in the area.

Each Night, you may PM me the name of one player to investigate. You will learn that player’s alignment.

You win when all supernatural threats have been contained.

You may communicate with: The Paranormal Researcher
    A strong game in a losing effort. Two Creepypasta on the first two Nights, although one came up Town, and then some cleaning up and clearing Town the rest of the game. Not sure why you admitted to being blocked Night 5, that was an uncharacteristic slip-up for you, but no harm in the end. You had a tough WC (you needed to eliminate both scum groups as well as Daniel, Walt, Sancho, and Johnny), and scum didn’t help you out any.

Swag Dynasty was:

The Paranormal Researcher, SCP-Aligned

You and your partner were assigned to take care of the supernatural activity in this Town. Your training focuses on identifying and neutralizing supernatural beings, and you’re gaining new information all the time.

Each Night phase, you may choose to investigate a player of your choice to learn their role name and whether they must die for you to win.

You win when all supernatural threats have been contained.

You may communicate with: The Paranormal Investigator
    Swag didn’t play as poorly as he thought he did but he wasn’t very good either. Part of the problem is he overestimates how self-aware some of you are with your playing styles (looking at you, Cent). He was right on Cory and IR being scum, wrong on MD4L being Vig, and a few other things here and there. Kudos to him for trying to keep the thread active and paying attention to what people say.

Independent

SanchoPanza was:

Sarah O’Bannon, Independent

You long ago sold your soul to the devil in exchange for wealth in life and special powers after death. Now, with the creepy things going on in your Town, you know the time has come to earn your devilish reward. Unfortunately, part of the deal was that you had to “die for your beliefs,” so that a demon can possess your body after you’re dead.

Your goal is to get lynched (being Nightkilled doesn’t count). Until that happens, you have no ability. Upon death, you will be revealed as The Martyr, Town-Aligned.

After being lynched:

Having returned from the dead, you now have the power to manipulate others with hellmagic. Each Night, you may use one of the following abilities:

-Redirect a player to another player of your choice
    -Roleblock a player of your choice
    -Swap the targets of two players
    -Swap the abilities of two players
    -Post a message of up to 150 characters in the Night writeup
    -Make someone vote for themselves
    -Steal a player’s vote and give it to someone else (including yourself)
    -Swap two players’ lynch counts
    -Invert a player’s ability (investigators will frame, protectors will kill, etc.)

You must wait two Nights before using any of these abilities again.

You win if you have caused the deaths of two players with your abilities OR if you are one of the last four players alive. You may not win with Town.

Secret information: After being lynched, Sarah O’Bannon will die if she targets The Exorcist. May be recruited by Masky but retains former win condition in addition to Slender win condition and may win alone.
    Killed on Night 1 by uslydevilu for no apparent reason. Man that sucks. Don’t know why you didn’t try to get lynched on Day 1, I don’t know if you could get the votes in 24 hours but it was worth a shot. On a side note, Sancho’s real role was revealed because MrsClov targeted him but failed to revive; since he wasn’t able to return to the game at that point (unless Walt chose the revive ability), and she was performing an autopsy on him, it made sense.

Friese was:

The Writer, Independent

An aspiring horror writer who spends his time coming up with silly creepypastas, you’ve decided that the next step on your path to fame is some media buzz. And what better way to do that than with some creepypasta-inspired murders?

Each Night, you may PM me the name of one player you want to kill. You have several different creepypasta-themed methods of murder:

-Pokemon Black: Your target will not be killed that Night; instead, they will receive a game cartridge. At the end of the next Day phase, they will be turned into a spirit, unable to vote or use any of their abilities. Their role and alignment will not be revealed, and they may not be targeted for Night abilities.
    -Squidward’s Suicide: After watching a horrifying and depressing lost episode of Spongebob Squarepants, your target will commit suicide.
    -Smile.dog: Your target will receive a floppy disk, along with a note that says “Spread the word.” They will have the option of viewing the disk’s contents, or giving it to someone else. Whoever ends up viewing the contents will die that Night.
    -Jeff the Killer: You will cover yourself in Joker-esque facepaint and murder your victim with a sharp knife.
    -Lister’s Rache: Your target will be kidnapped, unable to post or vote the next Day phase, then killed the following Night in gruesome fashion. This kill is treated as effectively two Night actions, meaning you cannot use another kill on either Night.

You win once you have used all of your kills and survived to the end of the game. You may not win with Town until you have used all of your kills.
    I struggled with this one, but with no member of Creepypasta standing out and all other true scum dying early, Friese will walk away with ScuMVP. He had very solid targets, going after players who weren’t likely to be targeted by anyone else and who no one would bat an eye at seeing die. I felt the fakeclaim I gave him was decent enough, but his “targets” were poor; I expected him to do something involving the various unexplained deaths, like saying he put MrsClov in a safe place or made Monk watch a kid’s show. Regardless, he flew under the radar for a long time and only had to claim because Town went into a roleclaim fest, so credit to him for that.
    Last edited by Blue; 11-11-2013, 06:19 PM.

Blue is right

Comment

A wave of fear has descended upon the Town. This Day phase will end 24 hours from this point.

Blue is right

Comment

Guys im here, im not queer get used to it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SanchoPanza View Post
          Guys im here, im not queer get used to it
          Lynch SanchoPanza

Lynch all liars
          Originally posted by GongKong
          I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by corycurren View Post
            Lynch SanchoPanza

Lynch all liars
            Bring it, i dont even care
            sigpic

Comment

Bring it, i dont even care
              That rhymed with my other post
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
                A wave of fear has descended upon the Town. This Day phase will end 24 hours from this point.
                In before Rags throws a tantrum.

Comment

No Lynch
                  Originally posted by Daniel
                  Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                  lmao

Comment

Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                    Lets lynch him then
                    sigpic

Comment

That rhymed with my other post
                      Impressed.

Unlynch SanchoPanza

24 hours Day 1? I can't even think of a fitting enough Rags joke.
                      I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                        You No Lynchers must be pretty aroused about now.

Comment

Impressed.

Unlynch SanchoPanza

24 hours Day 1? I can't even think of a fitting enough Rags joke.
                          But theres so many
                          sigpic

Comment

For reasons unrelated
                            sigpic

Comment

Nothin wrong with a good ol No Lynch.
                              Originally posted by Daniel
                              Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                              lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X