Nuclear War Forum Game - Sign-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear War Forum Game - Sign-up

The Game: Nuclear War. Easy enough, evil enough. It's you against everybody else.

The Idea: Credit goes to Chg91, who wanted to nuke someone during Cold War Mini Mafia. Well, here's your chance. The game itself is heavily influenced by (you could even say copied from) Flying Buffalo's card game of the same name.

The Rules in short: Each player plays a different, very fictional country. Each player gets a certain amount of population. And each player gets a number of options what to do, which basically fall into three categories (propaganda, carrier system, warhead).
    The game starts at peace (called cold war), and each player must choose two of his options in advance (one for each of the next two turns). Propaganda allows to lure population from somebody else to your population, but can only be used in peace time. To attack you need a carrier system in one turn and a warhead in the next turn. If you play a warhead without a carrier system, it's a test detonation, and nothing will happen. If a carrier system is played without a following warhead it's a missile test otr a test flight. There might be certain exceptions (all options will be explained in the game thread), but generally speaking it takes two turns to bomb someone for the first time.
    War starts as soon someone targets someone else with a warhead. During war propaganda is useless.

How to win: Easy. Be the last player who has population left.

Retaliation: A nice plot twist. If your population is wiped out by a nuclear blast you may retaliate with everything you have. You may combine every (fitting) combination of carrier system and warhead you have available and nuke whoever you like. If someone else has his population wiped out by that, he might retaliate as well.
    If your population is reduced to zero during peace time there'll be no retaliation.

Secrets: There will be secrets and surprises! Every turn you must declare a target for your secrets. If the RNG decides you get a secret it will hit your target. Secrets can have positive consequences, so you might even target yourself!

Disclaimer: This is no mafia game, which means there are some noteable differences to the usual stuff:
    - There are no factions - everyone is up to himself.
    - You are free to communicate with whoever you want. You are actually encouraged to do so! Form and break alliances as much as you like. PN, in the game thread, outside the game thread, I don't care (although others might if you clutter up their threads).
    - You have to set your actions two turns in advance

Thank you: A big thank you to Flying Buffalo Inc, who created the Nuclear War card game.

The Players: The game requires a lot of work for the game master (me!), so there's just eight spots maximum (game can start with six). Sorry, there won't be any additional slots.

1. Football2ky
    2. SanchoPanza
    3. jepg
    4. monk
    5. Andy Q.
    6. JAS
    7. Chg91
    8. Daniel

Alt: bcb, Xmadraven
    Last edited by Friese; 04-09-2015, 01:00 AM.
    Coming soon: Cold War Mini Mafia II - The Berlin Wall

Yes.

Comment

Yes
      sigpic

Comment

Yep
        Originally posted by JoeLegend
        You guys are right im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jepg View Post
          Yep
          Alliance?
          sigpic

Comment

Sure
            Originally posted by JoeLegend
            You guys are right im wrong.

Comment

You bring the tea ill bring the lamb
              sigpic

Comment

You can put me as an alt for now Friese. I have the all star game next week. But if you need me I will play
                A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

In
                  2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

I'll play

Comment

I choose to nuke gay island.

Comment

Originally posted by bcb1213 View Post
                        You can put me as an alt for now Friese. I have the all star game next week. But if you need me I will play
                        heheheh
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SanchoPanza View Post
                          heheheh
                          ya, i'm unsure how it happened myself
                          A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

Hmmmm.

- You are free to communicate with whoever you want. You are actually encouraged to do so! Form and break alliances as much as you like. PN, in the game thread, outside the game thread, I don't care (although others might if you clutter up their threads).
                            *looks at list of players signed up*

Dedicated to the **** Chg Coalition:

I'm in. How long are turns?

Comment

Sign me up, bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X