No announcement yet.

2012 Vikings Team Needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Henderson nor Greenway should be playing inside linebacker. Greenway's not good enough in coverage and neither is Henderson. This Kendricks guy apparently isn't too bad, but I haven't seen any of him

Comment

• Kalil-Smith-McNutt/Criner

Yes, please. That would be so great.

Comment

• god dammit Kaiser your sig is too big

Comment

• Originally posted by The Kaiser View Post
          Kalil-Smith-McNutt/Criner

Yes, please. That would be so great.
          how the heck did you get the 26th pick?

anyway I heard that schefter was on sirius the other day and he does not think we pick Kalil and that it will be claibourne or Blackmon, very unfortunate...I see you went the same route...

JOIN MAFIA STEVE...SO I CAN KILL YOU AGAIN!!!
          2010 WF.com PPR Champion
          2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
          2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
          2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
          CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
          CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• You can kill me if they actually draft Claiborne. In real life.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfan173 View Post
              how the heck did you get the 26th pick?
              2.3 and 4.3 for 1.26. I traded up to get a specific player.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Kaiser View Post
                2.3 and 4.3 for 1.26. I traded up to get a specific player.
                well I hate those trades unless you are OTC so who it be?
                2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• some thoughts, and a more precise account of what I like in the 2nd/3rd rounds, this will change a lot if we do not draft Kalil, then we can discuss how dumb our FO is after day one and then look forward to other crap that will happen day 2.

As for the next topic, here are the list of the top 5 prospects I would be happy with our 2nd+3rd round picks and you will hear me gush when they happen.

2nd round
                  1. Alshon Jeffery [WR]
                  2. Harrison Smith [FS]
                  3. Reuben Randall [WR]
                  4. Lavonte David [MLB/http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012ldavid.php]
                  5. Mychal Kendricks [MLB]

Honorable Mentions: Josh Robinson[CB], Muhammed Sanu[WR] and Alfonso Dennard [CB]

3rd round
                  1. Marvin McNutt [WR]
                  2. Josh Norman [CB]
                  3. Marvin Jones [WR]
                  4. Trumaine Johnson [S]
                  5. Alameda Ta'amu [NT/BPA]

Honorable Mentions: LaMichael James [RB], George Iloaka [FS] and Casey Heyward [CB]

these are assuming kalil is our pick, I am really digging Lavonte David or Mychal Kendricks if the wrs are gone actually along with harrison smith.

Any of these 16 guys listed I would be satisfied with.

The more I think about our draft however the more that I would love a Kalil-David-McNutt draft, especially since LaVonte David would be able to play MLB[or mike] in our scheme[cover-2].
                  Most people would not have David as a 43 mike, but I think that he could fit very well with greenway and erin. MLB has been such a problem that it would be a tremendousn upgrade if we could get marvin jones or mcnutt in the 3rd as well. If Jeffery is there he is the pick imo, but if not I would consider going LB. I am also gonna assume that stephen gilmore is gone, which makes sense.
                  2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• looking at our opponents this year, I feel that we have a pretty easy schedule and that there are a lot of winnable games, we all know that we can and do beat the bears/lions or at least compete but also look at all these average to below average teams, regardless where it is being played.

Home
                    Division: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers
                    NFC West: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers
                    AFC South: Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans
                    NFC 4th Place: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away
                    NFC West: Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams
                    AFC South: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
                    NFC 4th Place: Washington Redskins

idk about you guys but the only games I can pencil in losses are the two GB games and the SF/HOU ones, odds are we only win 5, but given how ****ty our team was last year and how many close games we were in, are we really as bad as this year? I have some optimism for next year given I expect Ponder to take a big step in the right direction. I guess it all depends on AD's knee, regardless we should not rush him.
                    2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

looking at our opponents this year, I feel that we have a pretty easy schedule and that there are a lot of winnable games, we all know that we can and do beat the bears/lions or at least compete but also look at all these average to below average teams, regardless where it is being played.

Home
                      NFC West: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers
                      AFC South: Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans
                      NFC 4th Place: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away
                      NFC West: Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams
                      AFC South: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
                      NFC 4th Place: Washington Redskins

idk about you guys but the only games I can pencil in losses are the two GB games and the SF/HOU ones, odds are we only win 5, but given how ****ty our team was last year and how many close games we were in, are we really as bad as this year? I have some optimism for next year given I expect Ponder to take a big step in the right direction. I guess it all depends on AD's knee, regardless we should not rush him.
                      You're looking at sure losses. I'm looking at sure wins. I only see Arizona, Indianapolis, and Washington. You're nuts if you think we're winning any divisional games. We're 0-6 in the division until we either A. Get a QB on par with Rodgers/Stafford/Cutler (extremely unlikely) or B. get a secondary that can stop Rodgers/Stafford/Cutler because our pass rush obviously can't anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
                        You're looking at sure losses. I'm looking at sure wins. I only see Arizona, Indianapolis, and Washington. You're nuts if you think we're winning any divisional games. We're 0-6 in the division until we either A. Get a QB on par with Rodgers/Stafford/Cutler (extremely unlikely) or B. get a secondary that can stop Rodgers/Stafford/Cutler because our pass rush obviously can't anymore.
                        So what in the world happened that we were two plays away from two wins vs detroit? and one drive away from beating GB @ home, the NFL is a league where **** can change fast. I did not say any sure wins, because I do not see any sure wins, but all those games are winnable as teams imho. Also Ponder will be that QB joker.

I think you are crazy to think the games vs the Jags, Titans and Buccs will be sure losses. I also think we will split vs Detroit next year, maybe im wrong...but im just shocked at how many games there are where we have the chance to win.
                        2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Okay, don't try to sell me that whole "we almost beat GB!" bull****. They controlled the entire game, we did not "almost beat them". As for Detroit, well, Jared Allen did most of that. Unfortunately, Matthew Stafford is pretty good now. I don't think those sorts of games are going to happen much next season.

I didn't say anything about sure losses. I don't know what games we for sure lose outside of our 6 divisional games. I just know that I only see us winning about 3 or 4 games next season. Maybe we beat the Jaguars, but their defense is better than ours. Our offense is not that good, and neither is theirs, so I don't know. I wouldn't get your hopes up for next year.

Comment

• we lost by 6 points, one fricking play away from beating them so yes and you can get off your high-horse and admit that you are just depressed so your common football IQ dropped 100 points.
                            2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

well I hate those trades unless you are OTC so who it be?
                              I really want a certain CB.

Comment

we lost by 6 points, one fricking play away from beating them so yes and you can get off your high-horse and admit that you are just depressed so your common football IQ dropped 100 points.
                                ... I'm not about to get trolled VF, so save it. They won, we lost, and if you'd like to believe it was close, go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X