Daniel's ****ty Mock Draft Page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel's ****ty Mock Draft Page

I've had another down year of watching college ball (largely because I have to cover my eyes and pretend that UT's season hasn't happened for the last month), but that doesn't stop me from making a mock page. I've only seen most of these players a few times, and I'm trying to project what I think things will look like by the season's end, so rankings are a little skewed.

That said, I always lack full information on draft needs for teams I don't follow, so criticism is always helpful. Position rankings will come a little later in the season.

01. Browns: M. Trubisky, QB: It's hard for me to buy into the Browns staying with Kessler when they're still starting McCown over him. Plus as bad as their season has gone, I don't see Hue feeling safe for another season. Trubisky feels like the QB that moves up in this class. Watson has a lot of pro issues, and Kizer has looked so bad when I've watched him that it's hard to imagine him coming out at all.
    02. 49ers: M. Garrett, DE: I think any QB this season is a reach this high, and the draw of the draft's best prospect may be too much to resist, especially with so many Day 2 QB prospects in the mix.
    03. Bears: D. Watson, QB: The Bears beat the Vikings when they got good QB play, so they may opt to take Watson. Watson is athletic and a winner, but it's not news to anyone that he doesn't scream great pro prospect. Still, as long as Clemson is winning, someone will probably fall for Watson and take him early.
    04. Jags: L. Fournette, RB: Blake Bortles regressed and the regime spent a lot of money and picks on the defense. They take Fournette here to give Bortles someone to lean on for offensive production.
    05. Jets: A. Jackson, CB: Revis has regressed, and the remaining QB prospects would be UUGE reaches here, so the Jets grab Jackson, who isn't my favorite corner in the class, but looks like the best combo of upside, athleticism, and on-field production in a stacked corner class.
    06. Ravens: J. Allen, DE: I'm always leary of Bama players since they're surrounded by talent and usually worn down by the pros, but I think this gets into the right range for Allen. He's been a monster for two years, and looks like the classic safe prospect. But, six to ten feels like a safe range for him.
    07. Panthers: M. McGlinchey, OT: I don't buy Robinson as the top tackle in the class, and at least one of the guys is going to get pushed up. Most importantly, it should be blindingly obvious to the Panthers that they have to protect Cam better. It wouldn't shock me to see them reach for a tackle. McGlinchey looks like the smart money to end up the top tackle in the class.
    08. Bucs: M. Williams, WR: Winston hitting a sophomore slump is expected. Still, he relies heavily on Evans, so getting another receiver for him to spread the ball around to would help the Bucs offense.
    09. Chargers: J. Tabor, CB: Tabor is another corner I'm not super high on, at least in comparison to other mocks I see, but I still think he goes high, and on paper, he's a great prospect. Florida corners have a pretty good track record, and everyone thought the Chargers were going to take Ramsey last year anyway.
    10. Dolphins: J. Adams, S: The Dolphins could use some safety help and Adams is the top safety on my board. That said, this is a pick I'm not super confident about.
    11. Titans: D. Barnett, DE: Barnett is a better fit as a 4-3 end, but that didn't stop the Titans from drafting Dodd last year. Barnett will help an already fierce pass rush that is only a concern in that their starters will be 28 and 31 next season. He's also the best prospect available.
    12. Saints: R. Foster, LB: Like I said, I'm wary of Bama players, but I will be shocked if Foster doesn't end up in the top half of the first. He looks like he can do it all, and do it all very well. The Saints could use that at any position.
    13. Titans: D. King, CB: King is my favorite corner in the class, but there's no way he's the first off the board. He's well rounded and looks like the kind of corner that can make it in zone or man coverage. That said, I expect the Titans to try and trade down with at least one of their first round picks.
    14. Colts: D. Cook, RB: The Colts have already spent picks on linemen, and now they just need to wait for them to gel. In the meantime, Dalvin Cook will give them a way to bail out Luck without sinking even more resources into the same position in a garbage OL class.
    15. Cards: M. Lattimore, CB: Another corner to another team needing a corner enough to play other position groups there.
    16. Bengals: M. Hooker, S: Hooker is having a great season, but I have a tough time believing a flash in the pan safety on a stacked team goes in the top 10. This low, the risk is greatly mitigated.
    17. Lions: M. McDowell, DT: After last year's embarrassment of riches at DT, there isn't much this year. Still, McDowell looks like a great player and the local prospect angle makes this pick too perfect to actually happen.
    18. Bills: C. Robinson, OT: Robinson may not be great, but if you don't plan on trying to make him a LT, he's probably still worth a mid to late first. The Bills could use some help, and Robinson could play OG or RT for them.
    19. Skins: M. Humphrey, CB: I don't think Humphrey is the best corner on his team, and I'm probably only slotting him this high because of groupthink, but he still looks good enough on paper for someone to snag him. The Redskins need help at the position, and Humphrey is really just a slight reach here.
    20. Giants: D. Smoot, DE: I like Smoot a lot. He could go higher, I think, if it weren't for Garrett and Barnett being noticeably so much better. Still, he's a great value here, and when do the Giants not want more pass rush?
    21. Texans: J. Peppers, S: Peppers is a way overhyped prospect. That said, he's not a bad prospect by any means. The Texans have been putting in pieces on offense, so turning back to their defense this season would make sense. Their front seven is great, so a safety makes sense for them.
    22. Browns: Q. Nelson, OL: The Browns need a lot, but I didn't love many of the options for them here and wouldn't be shocked if they traded down or out. If not, they can take a piece to bolster a questionable line to protect their shiny new QB.
    23. Chiefs: Z. Cunningham, LB: Consensus seems to be catching up to how awesome Cunningham is. He could easily go higher than this, but I couldn't find a team that I thought really needed an ILB very much over their picks. Chiefs get a great value.
    24. Seahawks: C. Lawson, DE: The Seahawks were another tough team to match to an obvious need, so they bolster their pass rush with the best player available.
    25. Broncos: Dan Feeney, OG: The Broncos defense is stellar. Their offensive line needs some work.
    26. Packers: Sidney Jones, CB: The Packers have given up a game losing touchdown to the Falcons in a very short time. DBs would help.
    27. Raiders: Chris Wormley, DL: The Raiders have stepped up their game an awful lot, but upgrading their front seven to help stop the run might be prudent in a division that has Jamaal Charles and Melvin Gordon.
    28. Eagles: C. McCaffery, RB: An offensive weapon that can catch and rush, McCaffery is overrated, but is still a nice tool for a young QB.
    29. Steelers: C. Harris, RLB: The Steelers pass rush hasn't been up to snuff lately. Harris has been disappointing this season IMO, but he's still got a lot of talent.
    30. Cowboys: J. Smith-Schuster, WR: Not a huge need, but with Dez Bryant having a down season, a QB going into his sophomore season, and with JSS as the best available player, he's the pick.
    31. Pats: R. Ramcyzk, OT: I've seen a lot of hype for Ramcyzk, even though this is his first season in FBS. In this garbage OT class, he could get pushed up dramatically, and he's been solid so far.
    32. Falcons: T. Williams, DE: The Falcons offense is clicking right now. They already have great corners, and spent picks on safety and linebacker last season. Another pass rusher to complement Vic Beastly makes sense.

Positional Rankings:
    Note-these will differ from where I place players that are drafted. Whereas my mock tries to look at players more objectively, and gives an edge to athletic/statistical freaks that also pass the eyeball test, my rankings don't. I rank to the point where I feel it's appropriate.

Cornerback (11/07):
    01. D. King, Iowa: I thought King was the best corner available last season had he declared, and I've seen nothing this season to change my mind. He probably isn't as athletic as the corners that are lower, but I feel like he excels technically, and can probably play in man or zone well. Lower ceiling than some of these guys, but a much, much higher floor IMO.
    02. A. Jackson, USC: I'm with Blue. I thought Jackson was overhyped, and still have that feeling to some degree, but he came out this season like a beast. He's athletic, he shuts down receivers, and looks to have the speed/size. That's why he's not my top corner, but in my belief, the first off the board.
    03. J. Tabor, Florida: Tabor is a typical Florida corner. He does well in man and doesn't get thrown to often, but I do think he's a tad overrated. He was a monster in 2015, but that may have been because he had Vernon Hargreaves across from him. He partially benefits from a great defense, and Tennessee's receivers beat him more than once in their matchup. That may be an aberration, but it's enough to make me drop him to here.
    04. S. Jones, Washington: Jones forces turnovers better than any corner on this list. Whether INTs or fumbles, dude's a beast, and has great length. He'll probably climb a spot or two if he can add some weight and show he can be better support against the run.
    05. M. Lattimore, Ohio St: Dat length. Lattimore has had a great season so far, and looks like he can do it all. But he's also a one-year wonder on a fantastic team. If he comes out, I'd expect at least one team to be less concerned about the flash in the pan deal than me.
    06. T, White, LSU: I bumped White up a bit after the Bama game. Really liked what I saw from him overall. His ability to play special teams adds to his value as well, but I really like his toughness.
    07. M. Humphrey, Bama: Probably the most drastically overhyped corner in this class. I prefer his teammate Fitzpatrick as an NFL prospect, but with his size and Bama pedigree, he's going to go earlier than he should.
    08. C. Sutton, Tennessee: Sutton is better than Humphrey, but now that he's coming off an ankle injury, his abilities as an NFL prospect are more questionable. He's been Tennessee's best defensive back by a wide margin for three years. If his ankle heals up, he'll end up being a steal.
    09. C. Tankersley, Clemson: Watching Tankersley and Alexander on the field at the same time, I remember thinking that Alexander was a much better player. Tankersley could be a high pick in any other class, but this year's corner class is stacked. He has fantastic size, but he still seems a little rough around the edges.
    10. J. Lewis, Michigan: Lewis is quick, and he stays on receivers well, but his size is going to be a problem in the NFL.

Safety (11/27):
    01. J. Adams, LSU: Adams can do it all and is consistently all over the field. Unlike the next two.
    02. M. Hooker, Ohio St: Hooker is a flash in the pan, and misses tackles, but is an absolute ballhawk. Overhyped, but still very good so long as he'll be used as a free safety and won't be expected to support the run often.
    03. J. Peppers, Michigan: Peppers just looks like a different player than in 2015. He almost looks like a linebacker now, but was excellent as a pass defender in 2015. He's still a great prospect, but very specifically as a strong safety that will support the run more.
    04. B. Baker, Washington: He's a little small, but he does surprisingly well as a run defender for his size.
    05. M. Williams, Utah: Underrated prospect who has a solid nose for the ball.
    06. A. Watts, TAMU: TAMU has two good safeties, but I feel like Watts is the better of the two. He gets a lot of help though, so a bad combine would drop him like a stone.
    07. F. Smithson, Kansas: Defends the pass well, but he's a little undersized and has just one year of great production.

Pass Rusher (11/27):
    01. M. Garrett, TAMU: Obvious number 1 for now.
    02. D. Barnett, Tennessee: Just broke Reggie White's record and has been a beast for 3 years straight.
    03. D. Smoot, Illinois: Big dropoff here, but Smoot is still great. He doesn't have the sacks that many other guys do, but that's an overrated stat anyway.
    04. C. Lawson, Auburn: I wonder about his playing time and motor, but when he's on the field, he's a spectacular pass rusher. He has one of the highest ceilings given how often he gets to the quarterback, but I think he may be a little too one-dimensional to rank any higher.
    05. C. Harris, Missouri: Harris came into the season with hype, but his play is extremely uneven, and his sacks come in bursts. I don't think he'd be the consistently good player his numbers make him look like; he disappears too often.
    06. T. Williams, Alabama: He's surrounded by talent, and as a Bama player, probably already has a lot of tread on his tires. He's worth a late first, but I think he's drastically overhyped.
    07. T. McKinley, UCLA: McKinley is a little raw, and from what I've seen, relies on speed an awful lot. If he's stronger than he looks, he could move up.
    08. C. Phillips, Illinois: A bit of a flash in the pan, and a little undersized, Phillips' role in the NFL would be a little limited. He also probably gets help from being on the same team as Smoot.
    09. T. Charlton, Michigan: Charlton missed two games, but still managed to get a lot of sacks and tackles. He's also got fantastic length.
    10. D. Fields, Louisville: I feel like Fields has been a pass rushing prospect for most of the last decade. He's underperfomed, but there's still talent there worth spending a second day on if you need a pass rusher.

Running Back (11/27):
    01. L. Fournette, LSU: No explanation needed.
    02. D. Cook, Florida St: Cook has been a reliable running back for FSU for a few years. He's a clear cut No. 2.
    03. C. McCaffrey, Stanford: McCaffrey wouldn't work as a bell cow RB, but he can do a lot. If used correctly, he'd be a great weapon.
    04. D. Foreman, Texas: He burst out this year, and he can't catch, apparently, but as impressive as he's been, he beats out the next four or five by a very narrow margin for now.
    05. A. Kamara, Tennessee: Kamara has been a stud, and he's been used very sparingly, so he doesn't have the wear that a lot of the other prospects do. He'd have monster numbers if he weren't behind Hurd most of the year.
    06. N. Chubb, Georgia: Chubb has been banged up this year. If I thought he would bounce back to 2015 form, he'd easily be the fourth RB, but I worry that he's taken some permanent damage.
    07. W. Gallman, Clemson: Gallman probably gets a little help from Watson, but he's still been an impressive running back.
    08. C. Samuel, Ohio St: Samuel can run and catch. However, I worry that he may not be a true RB or WR, and he looks more like a future tweener with a limitied role than a do-it-all kind of player.
    09. R. Freeman, Oregon: Freeman has been a shadow of his 2015 self this season. Like Chubb, I worry injuries may have permanently stunted his development.
    10. J. McNichols, Boise St: McNichols has put up insane numbers, but plays to a lower level of competition than others on the list. He could rise very high with a good bowl/combine.
    10. S. Perine, Oklahoma: Every time I watch Perine, I keep thinking he should be doing better than he is. He's taken a lot of hits in his time at Oklahoma, so he may be too banged up to pay to his potential.

Tight End (11/28):
    01. J. Butt, Michigan: I was told to watch more Butt, and I like what I've seen. Then he had a very impressive game against Ohio State. He can catch, block, and is a big body. All around great prospect.
    02. E. Engram, Ole Miss: Watching Engram, I feel like he may be a little smaller than his listed 6'3" but he plays like a receiver. He won't be the matchup nightmare you want from a tight end, but he'll still be way bigger than most of the corners and safeties on him.
    03. B. Hodges, VT: Hodges is huge, and he can catch. What more do you want?
    04. OJ Howard, Bama: If I were just looking at this year for Howard, he'd be way further down the list. Still, he was good in 2015 and may have just gotten a little lost in the shuffle of the Bama offense.
    05. J. Leggett, Clemson: Leggett benefits from having Watson throw to him, but he has a ridiculous 17.29 YPC and passes the eyeball test.
    06. D. Njoku, Miami: Like Leggett, Njoku benefits from having a prolific QB throw to him and a 17+ YPC. He's a little smaller than Leggett though, and doesn't have as good a history as Leggett does.
    07. C. Hikutini, Louisville: Hikutini is the go-to endzone target for Lamar Jackson, but I don't see him do much as a blocker. Still, that's getting less and less important for tight ends.
    Last edited by Daniel; 11-28-2016, 12:02 AM.

Sadly I feel like the chargers taking a CB is exactly what they'd do because they're stupid, Verett, Flowers, Heyward are all solid CBs. But they're always injured so why not.

Comment

I do feel like Jonathan Allen is a different player from recent Alabama defensive linemen, more like Marcell Dareus as an athlete than A'Shawn Robinson. Bama off-ball linebackers have done pretty well in the NFL (CJ Mosley, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw was a good run defender in BAL), and I think Foster is going to keep up that tradition.

Love the Sidney Jones pick for Green Bay, I think he's a top-10 prospect. I've been very critical of Adoree Jackson in the past, but he opened this season looking like a bona fide stud. Don't think Marshon Lattimore is good at all, Gareon Conley is the better corner prospect for Ohio State in my opinion.

Malik Hooker has only played like five years of football. Bit of a one-year wonder, yes, but he's played extremely well. I'd take him top-10.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Blue is right

Comment

I have a hard time seeing Dallas taking a WR at 1. With Brandon Carr gone next year and Mo Claiborne a FA, who many don't think will be re-signed, they have a definite need at the position. I could also see them going TE since Witten has about as much time left as Romo and, as you said, they have a young QB going into his second season. The talk out of Dallas has been focused mostly on DE, but I think that's just media members with PTSD from the team not being able to take down a one legged Rodgers in the playoffs coupled with the Rand Gregory/Greg Hardy fiascoes.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
          I do feel like Jonathan Allen is a different player from recent Alabama defensive linemen, more like Marcell Dareus as an athlete than A'Shawn Robinson. Bama off-ball linebackers have done pretty well in the NFL (CJ Mosley, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw was a good run defender in BAL), and I think Foster is going to keep up that tradition.

Love the Sidney Jones pick for Green Bay, I think he's a top-10 prospect. I've been very critical of Adoree Jackson in the past, but he opened this season looking like a bona fide stud. Don't think Marshon Lattimore is good at all, Gareon Conley is the better corner prospect for Ohio State in my opinion.

Malik Hooker has only played like five years of football. Bit of a one-year wonder, yes, but he's played extremely well. I'd take him top-10.
          Hmm. It's unusual for us to agree so much on prospects. Something must be off.

But seriously, I get the hype for Jonathan Allen. It's not nearly as overblown as Tim Williams or Marlon Humphrey, who I think are only borderline first rounders right now. Foster is a stud. I wouldn't be upset if the Titans got him, so long as they get a corner.

Jones is a baller. I'm really surprised more of the Washington players aren't on the draft radar in a lot of places. I wasn't super high on Jackson either, but I can't really point to a good reason.

With Hooker, it's a combination of things for me: it looks like a strong safety class, so it's less critical to get one early on; he's a one year wonder; he's on a stacked team, which always gives me pause because it makes them harder to evaluate; and just in general, if you're picking a safety that high, they better be an absolute stud, and with those concerns, it's enough for me to be leery of him top 10.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          I have a hard time seeing Dallas taking a WR at 1.
          Yeah, I'm not psyched with that one. I didn't feel there was a corner left on the board that was worth taking there. I'm not sold on Tankersly at all, and homering aside, Cam Sutton is coming off an injury.
          Same with tight ends. I love Evan Engram, but he's too small to take in the first. It was pretty much a BPA thing. Who would you think they take in this situation?

Comment

If Dallas does end up picking all the way down there in the 30s, I wouldn't be shocked to see them go Engram or Howard or Butt. I haven't studied them in depth but I've heard some describe them as having first round type traits. This team has no issue taking a guy they have rated in the second round with a pick near the end of the first, as we saw with Travis Frederick.

If they're picking in the 20s I would hope they take the best defensive player, at any level of the defense really, but ultimately it's their MO to repeatedly invest in their offense and they're due to go through some attrition on that end.
            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              Yeah, I'm not psyched with that one. I didn't feel there was a corner left on the board that was worth taking there. I'm not sold on Tankersly at all, and homering aside, Cam Sutton is coming off an injury.
              Same with tight ends. I love Evan Engram, but he's too small to take in the first. It was pretty much a BPA thing. Who would you think they take in this situation?
              I don't know what your board looks like. But, going with who I like and considering who you already have off the board, I'd look hard at either Tre White (homer) or Jake Butt. I'm confident White can be counted on to be both and above average #2/3 CB as well as an above average punt returner. He may even be able to be an above average gunner, too. I think Butt is gonna be a very good player. Sorta Travis Kelsey. That, IMO, not only matches up with perceived needs, but provides good value for a late 1st.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Cornerback rankings added.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I don't know what your board looks like. But, going with who I like and considering who you already have off the board, I'd look hard at either Tre White (homer) or Jake Butt. I'm confident White can be counted on to be both and above average #2/3 CB as well as an above average punt returner. He may even be able to be an above average gunner, too. I think Butt is gonna be a very good player. Sorta Travis Kelsey. That, IMO, not only matches up with perceived needs, but provides good value for a late 1st.
                I'll keep them in mind when I update and maybe try to catch them some more when I get a chance to watch their games.

Comment

Safety, pass rush, and running back rankings added. Tight end and wide receiver rankings coming soon. I'll update the mock after all the NFL games have been played.

Comment

College Postseason Mock:

01. Browns: M. Trubisky, QB, UNC: Browns need a QB, and Trubisky may be the best that this class has to offer.
                    02. 49ers: M. Garrett, PR, TAMU: Best player in the draft goes second.
                    03. Jags: L. Fournette, RB, LSU: Second best player goes third.
                    04. Bears: D. Watson, QB, Clemson: One of the QB needy teams will take a signal caller early. Watson has his flaws, but he's physically gifted and has a winning pedigree.
                    05. Jets: A. Jackson, CB, USC: The best all-around corner on paper. The Jets need one to replace an aging Revis.
                    06. Bengals: D. Barnett, PR, Tennessee: The Bengals' needs don't match up well here, but they could use additional pass rush help. Barnett is the second best in the class.
                    07. Cards: J. Tabor, CB, Florida: Tabor has had some rough games recently, so he may slide a bit more than this, but for now, I have a tough time believing anyone would pick Quincy Wilson over him.
                    08. Titans (Rams): D. King, CB, Iowa: The Titans cut their second best corner this week. I'd be shocked if it wasn't the first thing they grabbed.
                    09. Pathers: J. Adams, S, LSU: The Panthers would like a corner or tackle, but with three corners taken and a garbage tackle class, they take the draft's best safety instead.
                    10. Colts: D.Cook, RB, Florida St: The Colts have already addressed the O line, so they take a running back to take pressure off of Luck.
                    11. Saints: R Foster, ILB, Alabama: The Saints need a playmaker at any position, and a sideline to sideline backer is right up their alley.
                    12. Eagles: M. Williams, WR, Clemson: The Eagles have to give their young quarterback some new weapons. This class isn't great, but Williams is the best it has to offer.
                    13. Packers: S. Jones, CB, Washington: Rodgers is near the top of the pack in passing. The Packers just need to get other teams to not score.
                    14. Chargers: J. Allen, DL, Alabama: Not their biggest need, but a fit, and the best player available, so the Chargers snag him.
                    15. Titans: D. Smoot, PR, Illinois: The Titans have a great pass rush, but it's still a little old and top heavy. Smoot can give them someone other than Orakpo/Morgan.
                    16. Bucs: J. Peppers, S, Michigan: There's not a wide receiver here, but you can't have too many DBs in a division with Brees, Cam, and Ryan.
                    17. Browns (Vikings): C. Robinson, OT, Alabama: The Browns still have offensive line woes and will need to make sure Trubisky is well protected.
                    18. Bills: M. McDowell, DT, Michigan St: The Bills' fix their biggest need with a player that slides from teams taking other needs.
                    19. Ravens: C. Lawson, PR, Auburn: Just Suggs isn't getting it done for the Ravens. Luckily, the edge rusher class is deep.
                    20. Broncos: J. Butt, TE, Michigan: More weapons for Lynch? Siemian? Whoever they have at QB next season.
                    21. Texans: Z. Cunningham, ILB, Vandy: Cunningham is a great linebacker, but I worry he's a little undersized for the NFL, so he slides down to the Texans.
                    22. Giants: C. Harris, PR, Mizzou: Insert JPP finger joke here.
                    23. Chiefs: D. Walker, DL, Florida St: This is a BPA pick. The Chiefs' needs don't line up with who's available, so they just grab the best defensive lineman left.
                    24. Reds: Q. Nelson, OL, ND: The Redskins are a pretty deep team, but could use more interior O linemen to shore up the run game.
                    25. Dolphins: D. Feeney, OG, Indiana: With Tunsil likely moving over to tackle, there'll be a hole at guard, and the Dolphins have shown how badly they need a solid OL.
                    26. Lions: C. Wormley, DT, Michigan: Another Michigan interior D line player to the DT needy Lions. Unlikely, I know.
                    27. Steelers: M. Lattimore, CB, OSU: The Steelers just took Artie Burns last year, but they'll snag the best player available. Another corner across from Burns wouldn't hurt anyway.
                    28. Falcons: T. Williams, PR, Alabama: The Falcons really want a DT, but this year's class is weak at the position, so they take an edge rusher instead.
                    29. Raiders: R. Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin: This could easily be a different tackle, but small school guys are impossible to watch. The Raiders need tackles bad.
                    30. Cowboys: M. Humphrey, CB, Alabama: The Cowboys are set on offense with Dez, Dak, and Zeke. Their defense needs work.
                    31. Pats: C. Sutton, WR, SMU: The Patriots eventually have to take a receiver, but with Belichick, this will likely be some fourth round center from Mt. Union or something.
                    32. Seahawks: J. Smith-Schuster, WR, USC: The Seahawks need OL help, but there aren't any O linemen worth drafting here. They'd probably trade here, but for now, they'll give Wilson something else to work with.
                    Last edited by Daniel; 12-01-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Wow. A Jackson at five, J Allen falling to fourteen, and Q Nelson making it above the fourth round. I'd say something about Cook going to Indy, but Grigson is a moron. He could just as easily draft a kicker there.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

New positional rankings (Edge, Safety, DLine, Tackle, and Tight End Rankings to come in a couple days):

QB:
                        01. Mitch Trubisky, UNC: Trubisky has development to do. He gets rattled and makes mental errors occasionally, but he moves extremely well in the pocket, has a strong arm, and was fantastic in the last few minutes of the bowl loss to Stanford. He will need to learn to move through projections more quickly in the NFL, but as a one year starter, I think his best football is in front of him.
                        02. Deshaun Watson, Clemson: Spread offense Russell Wilson. Watson is probably a tad short, but he's been a top caliber player for years and is extremely athletic, plus he's come the closest to picking apart Bama the last couple years.
                        03. Deshone Kizer, ND: I know he has the tools and looks the part, and I know he didn't have the best supporting cast, but it is just really, really hard for me to put any amount of faith in a QB that doesn't win at the college level. Especially when his team was in a position to win a lot of those games.
                        04. Brad Kaaya, Miami: Kaaya is inconsistent as hell. He looks like hot garbage some of the time, and like a legitimate first round QB others. I feel like there's a lot of talent there, and he could develop into a very good QB, but he's a project. And there's no telling if he'll ever be as consistent as he needs to be.
                        05. Jerod Evans, VT: Evans is extremely athletic and has great size. He also led one of the best comebacks you'll ever see in a bowl game. He is raw as hell though, had help from his receivers, and is not ready for the NFL. He'd be good for a team with an older QB that will still be in the league for a few years to pick up.
                        06. Pat Mahomes, TTU: I can't scout an air raid QB, but Mahomes has some great numbers. So he gets the lead over other throwaways. Wouldn't take him as more than a flier.
                        07. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St: Senior who lead a good season with good numbers, but doesn't show anything special. He could be a solid backup QB at the next level though.
                        08. Chad Kelly, Ole Miss: There was a time where Kelly looked like a solid second day prospect, but that was a bad season and an injury ago. There's still maybe something there, and if he heals well, he'd be worth drafting.
                        09. Gunner Kiel, Cincinnati: Remember when he was the top QB in his commit class? That was fun.
                        10. C.J. Beathard, Iowa: Game managing backup for sure, but he's tough and surprisingly athletic, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him have a decent career.

Comment

WR:
                          01. Mike Williams, Clemson: Big, fast, great hands, and wins 50/50 balls. Solid downfield blocker as well.
                          02. Corey Davis, Western Michigan: Has been incredibly productive for three years. Has the size and athleticism you need in a WR1.
                          03. Chris Godwin, PSU: Had a fantastic bowl performance where he dominated Jackson. Good hands, secures the ball well, and looks like a solid blocker.
                          03. John Ross, Washington: A hair undersized, so it limits his ability to be a true No. 1, but he's speedy, can jump, and breaks tackles surprisingly well.
                          05. Courtland Sutton, SMU: Fantastic size and bigtime production, though he tends to disappear sometimes. Still, played just as well against better teams like Baylor than he did against low level competition.
                          06. Juju Smith-Schuster, USC: Big bodied, powerful receiver with good hands, he seems kind of mistake-prone, and didnput up the kind of numbers he should have with Darnold throwing to him.
                          07. KD Cannon, Baylor: Dominant bowl performance, and great at finding deep balls, he needs to add about 15 lbs for the next level to not get broken in half.
                          08. Josh Malone, Tennessee: Little production due to Tennessee offense, but won matchups against Tabor and Humphrey. Great size, and should be a late round steal.
                          09. Malachi Dupre, LSU
                          10. Isaiah Ford, VT

RB:
                          01. Leonard Fournette, LSU
                          02. Dalvin Cook, FSU
                          03. D'Onta Foreman, Texas
                          04. Alvin Kamara, Tennessee
                          05. Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
                          06. Joe Mixon, Oklahoma
                          07. Brian Hill, Wyoming
                          08. Corey Clement, Wisconsin
                          09. Wayne Gallman, Clemson
                          10. Curtis Samuel, Ohio St

LB:
                          01. Reuben Foster, Bama
                          02. Zach Cunningham, Vandy
                          03. TJ Watt, Wisconsin
                          04. Raekwon McMillan, Ohio St
                          05. Josey Jewell, Iowa
                          06. Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Tennessee
                          07. Devin Riley, LSU
                          08. Brandon Bell, Penn St
                          09. Anthony Walker, Northwestern
                          10. Jarrad Davis, Florida

CB:
                          01. Desmond King, Iowa
                          02. Jalen Tabor, Florida
                          03. Sidney Jones, Washington
                          04. Gareon Conley, Ohio St
                          05. Adoree Jackson, USC
                          06. Tre'Davious White, LSU
                          07. Marlon Humphrey, Bama
                          08. Marshon Lattimore, Ohio St
                          09. Cam Sutton, Tennessee
                          10. Quincy Wilson, Florida
                          Last edited by Daniel; 01-07-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

OK, **** this stupid site. I'll post the damn things later when it lets me.

EDIT: There were analyses with the other positional rankings, but after trying to copy/paste it for about the 12th time, and rather than copy/past it half a sentence at a time or retype the whole thing, I'm just leaving them out. **** it.
                            Last edited by Daniel; 01-07-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Deshone Kizer, ND: I know he has the tools and looks the part, and I know he didn't have the best supporting cast, but it is just really, really hard for me to put any amount of faith in a QB that doesn't win at the college level. Especially when his team was in a position to win a lot of those games.
                              12-11 as a starter, including a Fiesta Bowl loss to Ohio State. Also led a comeback win against Virginia in his first college game after starter Malik Zaire got hurt. Notre Dame scored 22, 36, 28, 47, 28, 35, 3, 10, 27, 31, and 27 points in the games they lost with Kizer as the starter. Outside of a game played in a hurricane, Notre Dame's offense averaged 29.1 PPG in losses.

There are plenty of things to dislike about Kizer, but he was putting points on the board. Notre Dame would have been blown out in a lot of those games they were "in a position to win" without him.
                              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                              Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                              X