JoeLegends post SB mock draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeLegends post SB mock draft.

**Every year I pick 5 players and call them My Guys. Thats the My guy list. Its a list of players that I believe are locks to be stars in the NFL.**

1) Browns- OLB Myles Garrett. I'm not as high on Garrett as everyone else is. He is freakishly athletic and quick off the ball but if you get hands on him you can take him out the play. I think he is a perfect fit for a 3-4 D which I believe the Browns are.

2) 49ers- QB Deshaun Watson. I will start by saying Watson is one of my guys. I expect him to have one of those Cam Newton rises when it comes to big boards. I don't like the idea of a rookie head coach with a rookie QB but this is a good spot for Watson. The 49ers are so terrible that we're not expecting much. So with rumors of Schaub coming with Shanahan or Gabbert still with the 49ers they can sit and groom Watson.

3) Bears- QB Mitch Trubisky. Its time to replace Jay Cutler although I think its not an immediate replacement. Trubisky will sit behind Cutler until the Bears are ready to replace John Fox.

4) Jaguars- RB Leonard Fournette. I think Fournette is the best player in the draft. Given the RBs in the past 2 years I believe RBs are on the rise. 2 years ago Gurley and Gordon taken in the 1st. David Johnson and Jay Ajayi taken later. Last year Elliot (Who would have been my MVP). RBs hide or help bad QB play. Bortles in my opinion has shown potential and he has 2 good WRs in Hurns and Robinson. Fournette will open more things up and take pressure off Bortles and an up and coming defense.

5) Titans- DE Jonathan Allen. Allen is another on of my favorite players. The Titans sit at 5 and get the best player available in my opinion. Allen is unblock-able. I'm know for saying I would never draft a WR in the top 10 with Julio Jones being the exception. Same thing with 3-4 defensive linemen. Jonathan Allen is my exception.

6) Jets- QB DeShone Kizer. The Jets have tried grooming day 2 QBs and Fitzpatrick. Geno Smith major bust. He was once seen as a top 5 pick, Bryce Petty not happening, and the jury may still be out on Christian Hackenberg. Everyone except Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker knew who Fitzpatrick was. Its time for the Jets to quit the foolishness and draft a 1st round QB. Sad news is given the current crop of QBs Kizer is probably the day 1 starter.

7) Chargers- OT Cam Robinson. I still think Cam is the best Tackle in the draft and will also have a quick rise up the big boards. Protecting Rivers is far more important than any other need. Especially when your moving to Los Angeles. Work on keeping your star player upright and making plays that will put butts in the seats.

8) Panthers- OT Ryan Ramczyk. Cam Newton took a beat down in 2016. In order for him to reach his MVP status again he needs protection so he can stand up and make plays with his arm or legs. This may seem like a reach but its never a reach when it comes to protecting your best asset.

9) Bengals- DE Derek Barnett. Barnett is 4th member of the my guy list. I think he is a top 5 pick pick but given circumstances he drops to the Bengals. I'm a huge Vols fan and I watched him take games over even missing a lot of the Vols D. He was unblock-able. I hear complaints about his measurable's. Sometimes you watch the tape and say don't care. He's a football player.

10) Bills- Safety Jamal Adams. Bills missed out on the top 3 QB. With Taylor potentially getting cut they may need to trade ahead of the Jets or trade back and draft a Mahomes or Kaaya. Since I'm not doing trades I'll mock the Bills the best player available.

11) Saints- ILB Reuben Foster. The Saints have tried bringing in veterans to help with the LBs but just like the Jets with QBs it hasn't worked. The Saints are repeatedly one of the worst defenses in the league with one of the best offenses in the league. The Saints need a leader on the defense. They have good players but they need a leader. I love Foster he is the 5th player on the my guy list.

12) Browns- Safety Malik Hooker. Browns pair Garrett up with Hooker in a attempt to build a great D. I'm big on Hooker at all but I know others are. he plays the ball well while its in the air but when its in play he can't tackle and he takes bad angles. both issues can be coached up so he could still be a hell of a safety.

13) Cardinals- WR Mike Williams. Larry Fitzgerald is no spring chicken and the Cardinals cut ties with Michael Floyd. I say draft Williams and have one of the greatest WRs ever start grooming him to take over.

14) Colts- OLB Solomon Thomas. I know the Colts need offensive line help but I don't see anyone worth reaching over. The Colts have to start hitting in the 1st round. Thomas is the best player available.

15) Eagles- CB Quincy Wilson. Wilson falls right into the Eagles lap as best player available. Easy pick here.

16) Ravens- TE OJ Howard. This may seem like a strange pick but Howard is a special player. He blocks and he can get down the field to catch the ball. He is a compete TE. Now lets connect the dots. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome is a hall of fame tight end who loves drafting football players over filling a need.

17) Redskins- WR Corey Davis. Looks like the Redskins are going to lose their top 2 WRs to free agency. I have Davis as my best player available. If Cousins is not resigned then this will change.

18) Titans- CB Marshon Lattimore. I have the Titans building up that defense in 2017 with the Jonathan Allen and Lattimore picks. I don't know if Mariota will be ready for the beginning of 2017 but Murray looked real good and the O-Line was a lot better. The Defense was good but lets make it better.

19) Buccaneers- RB Dalvin Cook. The Bucs go back to Florida ST. with this and get Winston and the Bucs a play making RB.

20) Broncos- TE David Njoku. Next year the Broncos will be going with Paxton Lynch at QB. A young QBs best friend is his TE. The Broncos have a need at TE and this is a rare TE draft. 3 TEs can go in the 1st round. Howard, Njoku, and Engram.

21) Lions- DT Caleb Brantley. The Lions lost Suh and let Fairley go and have struggled to find replacements.

22) Dolphins- OLB Jabrill Peppers. The Dolphins have a huge need at LB. Peppers is a special player that will be hard to pass on. Hits like a LB runs like a safety. It was rumored last season Miami traded up in the 2nd for Myles Jack but the Jaguars grabbed him so they took Xavien Howard who was a good pick.

23) Giants- OLB Zach Cunningham. There are some good LBs in this draft. Typically non rush OLBs dont go in the 1st. I expect a run on OLBs at the end of the 1st since the NFL is going back to running the ball.

24) Raiders- OLB Jarrad Davis. I was shocked with how bad the Raiders D was last season. They need to spend this off season re tooling this D

25) Texans- CB Sidney Jones. Even if the Texans resign AJ Bouye they will need another young CB. Joseph is old Jackson could be cut. Some good CBs are dropping in this mock. You take one and groom him.

26) Seahawks- RB Joe Mixon. Pete Carroll and the seahawks have proven they don't what you did in college. If you can play they will draft you. Mixon was not invited to the combine but he will blow up his pro day. The Seahawks struggled without Marshawn Lynch. They need a running game so Wilson can make plays off play action. Scrambling around doesn't work when you have 0 threat of a running game.

27) Chiefs- QB Matt Mahomes. The Chiefs have wasted so many years with a talented all around team thanks to check down Alex Smith as their QB. Its time to draft the QB of the future and work him in.

28) Cowboys- DE Charles Harris. Randy Gregory who at 1 time was viewed as a top 5 pick has been a huge bust. All because he cant stay off the weed. It started with testing positive at the Combine.

29) Packers- CB Gareon Conley. Due to CBs dropping in this mock the Packers get a good player that drops right in thier lap and it fills a huge need.

30) Steelers- OLB Tim Williams. Jarvis Jones was a huge bust. He was viewed as the best player in his draft at one point and has done nothing. Bud Dupree came on late. I thought he killed Matt Moore. James Harrison will eventually lose to father time. Tim Williams is dropping in the draft due to some stupid mistakes. If he can get his act together the steelers are getting a heck of a players.

31) Falcons- DE Taco Charlton. While Freeney looked great in the SB he is way past his prime.

32) Patriots- DE Ryan Anderson. The Patriots traded Chandler Jones and brought in an aging Chris Long. I know the favorite for this pick is Christian McCaffrey but the Patriots need to sure up the D_Line.

My 5 guys in no particular order.

1) DeShaun Watson
    2) Leonard Fornette
    3) Jonathan Allen
    4) Reuben Foster
    5) Derek Barnett
    Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

Good mock. Cleveland runs a 4-3 with Gregg Williams at DC.

Would've been fun watching Jabrill Peppers play against Dalvin Cook during the Orange Bowl. His combine is one of the more intriguing storylines because his 4 down ability/versatility/scheme fits from tape make him an appealing prospect.
    Last edited by miamidolphin4life; 02-08-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Cutler is getting cut this offseason. Even if he somehow sticks around in Chicago, he can't stay healthy anymore and has somehow managed to become an even worse quarterback, so Trubisky would likely play at some point in 2017.

Surprised you didn't point out the Alabama connection with Ozzie Newsome and Howard.

Peppers is 205 lbs. Good luck having him stick as a linebacker at that size.

Texans drafted Kevin Johnson in the first round two years ago and he's played very well. Cornerback is not a need for them at all. In fact, it's probably the only position they won't look at in the first three rounds if they resign Bouye.

Don't know what you're talking about with the Seahawks. As far as I know, they haven't drafted a single player with off-field issues in the top-60 (Frank Clark went 63rd overall). In fact, most of their selections have been pretty strong character guys.

Pat Mahomes, not Matt.

Like the mock, Joe. I think you have the QBs too high, but who knows.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
        Good mock. Cleveland runs a 4-3 with Gregg Williams at DC.

Would've been fun watching Jabrill Peppers play against Dalvin Cook during the Orange Bowl. His combine is one of the more intriguing storylines because his 4 down ability/versatility/scheme fits from tape make him an appealing prospect.
        See I'm waiting to see if the Browns run a 4-3 for sure. If they do then I'm not sold on Garrett as the #1 pick. Id go Watson or Fournette

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
          Cutler is getting cut this offseason. Even if he somehow sticks around in Chicago, he can't stay healthy anymore and has somehow managed to become an even worse quarterback, so Trubisky would likely play at some point in 2017.

Surprised you didn't point out the Alabama connection with Ozzie Newsome and Howard.

Peppers is 205 lbs. Good luck having him stick as a linebacker at that size.

Texans drafted Kevin Johnson in the first round two years ago and he's played very well. Cornerback is not a need for them at all. In fact, it's probably the only position they won't look at in the first three rounds if they resign Bouye.

Don't know what you're talking about with the Seahawks. As far as I know, they haven't drafted a single player with off-field issues in the top-60 (Frank Clark went 63rd overall). In fact, most of their selections have been pretty strong character guys.

Pat Mahomes, not Matt.

Like the mock, Joe. I think you have the QBs too high, but who knows.
          Dont know how i got Matt instead of Pat. I forgot about Kevin Johnson. I heard the Texans will not tag Bouye. As far as Seahawks what about Bruce Irvin. Honestly i didnt know Ozzie played for Bama. How big is Shaq Thompson for the Panthers??

Comment

Looked it up. 230.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
              As far as Seahawks what about Bruce Irvin.
              What about him? Did he punch a woman in the face on camera in college and I don't know about it?

How big is Shaq Thompson for the Panthers??
              Listed at 230 lbs. Your best bet for a direct comparison is Deone Bucannon, who was awful for the Cards as a straight inside linebacker this year.

Blue is right

Comment

Irvin had off field issues in college

Comment

I'm taking Peppers. You can call him a 3rd safety who plays in the box or hell move Reshad Jones down there.

Comment

Deion Jones, Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith are all barely above 220. I'll take Peppers at 205 and have him gain wait.

Comment

Peppers is not a blazer to the point where gaining weight is negative for him either.

EDIT: I watched Dalvin play more than most and have the eye test. He would have be extremely poor in interviews to be around when Tampa is OTC.

Comment

Irvin had off field issues in college
                        Yeah? Name them. I know what his *issue* was, but I seriously doubt you do.

Deion Jones, Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith are all barely above 220. I'll take Peppers at 205 and have him gain wait.
                        Peppers can't gain that much weight or he would have when the coaches moved him to linebacker.

Jack is 230 lbs and Jaylon Smith was before he destroyed his foot and couldn't keep weight on.

Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                          Peppers is not a blazer to the point where gaining weight is negative for him either.

EDIT: I watched Dalvin play more than most and have the eye test. He would have be extremely poor in interviews to be around when Tampa is OTC.
                          Cook is a potential TD every time he touches the ball but i dont see him breaking alot of tackles

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

Yeah? Name them. I know what his *issue* was, but I seriously doubt you do.

Peppers can't gain that much weight or he would have when the coaches moved him to linebacker.

Jack is 230 lbs and Jaylon Smith was before he destroyed his foot and couldn't keep weight on.
                            I just checked all 3 weighed 220 to 225. I'll take peppers at 215

Comment

Dont know how i got Matt instead of Pat. I forgot about Kevin Johnson. I heard the Texans will not tag Bouye. As far as Seahawks what about Bruce Irvin. Honestly i didnt know Ozzie played for Bama. How big is Shaq Thompson for the Panthers??

Ozzie isn't drafting howard though.
                              Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X