2. Antonio Garcia, Troy
    3. Garett Bolles, Utah
    4. Cam Robinson, Alabama

G

1. Taylor Moton, Western Michigan
    2. Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
    3. Dorian Johnson, Pittsburgh
    4. Roderick Johnson, FSU
    I like your OT rankings; they're actually identical to mine now that Bisnowaty had a miserable Senior Bowl game. I get Lamp, Moton, and Johnson (assuming he heals up fine) over Feeny, though I disagree, but what makes you like Roderick Johnson so much as a guard?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I like your OT rankings; they're actually identical to mine now that Bisnowaty had a miserable Senior Bowl game. I get Lamp, Moton, and Johnson (assuming he heals up fine) over Feeny, though I disagree, but what makes you like Roderick Johnson so much as a guard?
      I don't. I have him as a 5th rounder. I just only have four guards on my board.

I don't think this is a great offensive line class overall. In fact, it's pretty terrible.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

I don't. I have him as a 5th rounder. I just only have four guards on my board.

I don't think this is a great offensive line class overall. In fact, it's pretty terrible.
        Then I guess that raises the question of what's your problem with Feeney?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Then I guess that raises the question of what's your problem with Feeney?
          You messing with him or have you not read the couple posts above you?

Comment

Originally posted by JLash View Post

You messing with him or have you not read the couple posts above you?
            ....the latter. That post slipped by.

Comment

Texas A&M S Justin Evans has the size and length to be an impact cover safety. Fast, athletic prospect. Played in a Cover-2 heavy scheme that rarely put him one-on-one against receivers. Constantly fails to wrap up and generates tons of missed tackles. Takes poor angles that leave him out of position against the run and allows for YAC on short passes. Struggles heavily to get off blocks in running game. Special teams player who could see the field on passing downs if he demonstrates man-to-man cover chops.

With great size for the position, Connecticut S Obi Melifonwu has some experience as a slot defender. Sure tackler. Active and constantly moving towards the ball. Stiff in coverage and gets too grabby. More likely to be beaten underneath, but could be targeted for DPI downfield. May be best suited for a weakside linebacker position similar to Mark Barron. With questions of positional fit and coverage ability, I cannot view Melifonwu higher than a Day 3 developmental prospect who can contribute on special teams.

Blue is right

Comment

"Grabby" may be my favorite draft prospect descriptor.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Blue are you gonna look at Vince Biegel and TJ Watt? I honestly don't understand the discrepancy in their respective rankings by draftniks at large. Biegel is clearly the smarter, better player at this point, and their measurables are close enough that I don't see some massive upside that would warrant having Watt as an early day two prospect while Biegel is viewed as a day 3 "core special teamer".
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Right now I'm working on DBs, but Watt is pretty high on the list. I watched a little bit of him earlier in the draft season and came away thinking he was a huge project.

Blue is right

Comment

Clemson CB Cordrea Tankersley possesses good length and size, but it is difficult to commend him on much else. Good ball skills in man coverage. Straight line speed only; struggles to change direction and make plays in space. Instinctively grabs and drags receivers when beaten. Disinterested in making plays away from his own coverage assignment.

Washington CB Kevin King also has great length and showed well in both man and press coverage. Tough to block in the running game. Gets way too handsy with receivers downfield and will/should be called for pass interference in the NFL. Poor ball skills. Very poor tackler. Little bit of a poor man's Sean Smith.

Used all over the field in a variety of roles, North Carolina State S Josh Jones demonstrates some man coverage chops in addition to zone. Smooth hips and moves well in open field. Good tackler. Steady presence as deep safety in Cover-1. Reliably prevents or minimizes big plays. Slow eyes and does not react as quickly as you would like on play action. Occasionally overruns the ball carrier on outside run plays. Does not always take good angles to the ball carrier, especially on sideline passes. Could be tried at corner similarly to Nnamdi Asomugha coming out of college.

Because of his excellent instincts and ball skills, Utah S Marcus Williams was allowed to freelance with positive results as single high safety in their defensive scheme. Plays clean. Aggressive tackler who hits too high and occasionally gives up additional yardage as a result. Did not have much of an opportunity to play in the box or in man coverage because of Cover-1 base scheme.

Blue is right

Comment

I like all four of those guys. Don't think I'd be trying out a 220lb Josh Jones at CB though.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

UCLA CB Fabian Moreau lacks the toughness and length to succeed in press coverage or disengage from blocks in the running game. Just three career interceptions despite starting over 40 games over 5 years. Played exclusively boundary corner. Has an obvious shutdown corner nickname (The Island of Mr. Moreau). Despite excellent athleticism, does not project as a quality football player and may need several years to become a credible starter, if ever.

Wisconsin Edge TJ Watt is relentless and leaves everything on the field. Great awareness of passing lanes and gets hands up to disrupt quarterback rhythm. Good tackler. Some coverage ability, at best in zone. Despite exceptional athletic testing, does not always show explosive burst off the snap. Poor instincts and feel for the position, although this may improve with more reps. Slight, skinny frame that does not hold up against NFL sized offensive linemen. Struggles to get off blocks and needs to win off the snap to be successful. Wins on effort, not skill. Could be better suited as an off-ball linebacker. Ultimately, Watt is a big projection to the next level based largely on his natural athleticism and occasional splash plays. I do not expect him to be a year one contributor but will hopefully have a successful NFL career as a starter.

Blue is right

Comment

You sure you didn't confuse Watt and Biegel?
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Do you feel Alabama players are just products of the players around them? so many are selected first round, yet so many of those bust.
                              Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                                You sure you didn't confuse Watt and Biegel?
                                Why would you say that?

Originally posted by Dwinsgames View Post
                                Do you feel Alabama players are just products of the players around them? so many are selected first round, yet so many of those bust.
                                To an extent. When you outclass your opponent on talent every single week at every single position, it can make guys look better than they are.

Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                                X