Joes Pre Combine mock draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joes Pre Combine mock draft.

Since my Post SB mock draft I have watched a lot of tape and have come to find this draft is not as deep as some have thought. I have posted this on twitter (@JoeDaShowLegend) and have heard it from Florida, Florida ST, and Texas A&M fans. We will see a lot of reaching in this draft due to this.

1) Browns- QB Mitch Trubisky. Trubisky is my 4th ranked QB. This mock is not who I would draft but who I think the Browns will draft. Last season the Browns traded back and passed on Carson Wentz and will now feel the pressure to take a QB. All the QBs they had on their roster last season is not the answer. I hear the Browns like Trubisky so if you like him then you need to take him. Its still possible that The Browns trade for Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins.

2) 49ers- S Jamal Adams. The 49ers will change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and will run a defensive scheme like the Seahawks and Falcons. Safeties are an important piece to those defenses. jamal Adams can play in the box and drop back into coverage. He is the perfect fit for this defense. I hear Lynch and Kap had a good meeting so i fill that Kap will be with the 49ers next season.

3) Bears- QB Deshone Kizer. I heard if the Bears cant trade Cutler then they will release. Thats all the signs of reaching on a QB in the 1st round. All I have heard about Kizer is he has the size to play QB in the NFL. I watched his games and have him 5th on my QB rankings. Now I'll listen to people try to persuade me on Kizer due to his offensive line was horrible. I was him look at 1 target and run. majority of his passes were thrown on the run which caused them to be off target.

4) Jaguars- RB Leonard Fournette. I had the Jags taking Fournette in my Post SB mock draft then Tom Coughlin came out and said if the Jaguars want to be successful then they need to run the ball better. A strong running game will help Blake Bortles by taking the pressure off of him.

5) Titans- OLB Myles Garrett. The Titans land the most over hyped player in this draft. His potential is enormous but I didnt see it on film. Karl Malone JR. who is LT for LSU and Cam Robinson who was LT Alabama shut him down. He looked good VS Auburn. I watched 2015 tape and he was off and on. I dont see Von Miller or Kahlil Mack. He could have mailed it in since he was projected as the #1 guy on everyones big board. If you put 2 hands on him he is a non factor. Now putting hands on him is a task with his speed and athletic ability. Thats why I love him more in a 3-4 than a 4-3.

6) Jets- LT Cam Robinson. I think the Jets are the landing spot for Jay Cutler if released. Brandon Marshall is his boy. I dont get the hate for Cam Robinson. I watched him and he is clean. I came away hoping he drops to the Dolphins. Like I said he shut Garrett down. I didnt see anyone have a day with him. Derek Barnett was close but still struggled. If Cam gets his hands on you then you are done.

7) Chargers- LT Garett Bolles. Bolles was one of the funnest players to watch. He is nasty. He stretches the term playing to the whistle. The Chargers need to get Rivers some protection. If they plan on putting butts in the seats in LA then they need to help protect Rivers and improve the O-Line for Melvin Gordon. Fans in LA want to watch a show.

8) Panthers- CB Marshon Lattimore. Lattimore is the best CB in this draft. He is physical so he will jam WRs at the line. He has recovery speed to run with WRs down the field. He has good ball skills that if you throw it at him you will pay. I watched him run the WRs routes for them. Lattimore is everything you want in a lock down CB.

9) Bengals- DE Derek Barnett. I came away thinking Barnett is the best 4-3 DE in this draft. He is the most complete. Great pass rusher and good against the run. Garrett relies on his athletic ability to bet tackles. Barnett uses his hands. He has the techniques to be a double digit sack guy in the NFL. If you line up against Barnett he will wear you out physically and mentally. Ive told everyone that if I play with a 4-3 D then I would take Barnett over Garrett.

10) Bills- CB Marlon Humphrey. I think Humphrey is everything that Lattimore is but slower. The Bills need help in the secondary. Humphrey is a big physical CB that will knock WRs off their route helping the pass rush. He has good enough ball skills that will make you think twice about passing it in his zone or at his man. I dont see the bills moving on from Taylor. Its been so long since they had a good QB but if they do expect a QB in my next mock.

11) Saints- DE Solomon Thomas. I want everyone to watch Solomon Thomas. Thomas could go anywhere in the top 10. He takes games over. Big strong man playing like a man. What he doesnt have is pass rushing speed. He uses his strength to bull rush and own the tackle at the line. You cant run on him if your QB drops back to pass then you better double him. Rumor is Thomas is the player the Dolphins really want and I hope they get him.

12) Browns- FS Malik Hooker. As I said in my last mock draft. Hooker can play the center field better than anyone. If the ball is in the air he will track it down and he will make you pay. I hate his tackling. The guy cant tackle. He has no interest in tackling.

13) Cardinals- QB Pat Maholmes. Maholmes is my #1 QB. His arm is amazing. He can throw it deep and accurate. He has enough arm strength to squeeze it in tight windows. When a play breaks down he has the speed to get away and make plays with his feet. 1 down side is his throwing mechanics. In Arizona he can sit for a year and learn from Carson Palmer.

14) Colts- ILB Ruben Foster. I dont see Foster like everyone else does. He can make plays on the defensive side of the ball but he will not be a an elite tackler. He is more of a blitzer from the inside. He will make tackles and he will help in coverage. Just saying he will be more of that player that sparks a D with sacks or big tackles behind the line of scrimmage. He will be the leader on D that the Colts have missed since Bob Sanders.

15) Eagles- WR Mike Williams. 1st thing they should have had a parade after the Vikings gave the Eagles a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford after the eagles traded there 1st round pick to move up and get Wentz. This will be a fantasy football point. Last season I made alot of money on fan duel by starting Jordan Matthews. Not because he is good but because he was getting double digit targets every game and man did he drop a lot of TDs. Wentz needs help. Mike Williams has great hands and a big catch radius. Thats what Wentz needs

16) Ravens- DE Jonathan Allen. Due to teams reaching on QBs and filling team needs Jonathan Allen is the player that drops here. Ravens have a potential great player land right in there lap. Allen is unblockable. I really like Allen and think of him as a top 5 player in this draft. Ravens D gets a whole lot better with this pick which is scary.

17) Redskins- ILB Haason Reddick. I watched Reddicks games and I think he is on par with Foster just a little raw. When you watch him you have to ignore his plays at DE. He is a good fit for a 4-4 ILB. Good blitzing ability. makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage. I would go as far to say he is a better tackler than Foster.

18) Titans- CB Sidney Jones. I'm not as high on Jones as most are. I do like his game. He is a feisty CB that plays every play like he has something to prove. he will be a thorn in WRs sides. He can get beat deep but he has a short term memory. He will never hang his head. he will line right back and go to work.

19) Buccaneers- RB Dalvin Cook. Most of the hate I get on twitter comes from me saying Myles Garrett is over hyped, saying Quincy Wilson is a day 2 pick, and that Dalvin Cook is soft. Look he cant run through tackles. He can break an arm tackle but he cant break tackles. You watch his game film he goes no where alot. He does have great speed, He can catch the ball, and he can set up blocks. I think he is a 10-15 carry guy not counting receptions.

20) Broncos- LT Dion Dawkins. This pick may stir up some discussions. Many have him as a guard. Ive watched him play and just like Cordy Glenn and Marcus McNeil I think he can play LT in the NFL. Fluid enough to stop the speed rush and strong enough to hold his own VS the bull rush.

21) Lions- WR Corey Davis. When Calvin Johnson retired the Lions tried to fill the void with Marvin Jones and that was a bust. Corey Davis is a handful to bring down once he gets the ball in his hands. The problem is he does have an issue with drop passes. He is big time though. If it wasnt rare to see a WR with his build and the way he plays when the ball is in his hands I would drop him to round 2 but some things you cant teach.

22) Dolphins- DE Taco Charlton. I thought Taco would have gone sooner but the way it works out Taco falls right into our lap. Taco just like Solomon takes games over with strength. He is not as good as Solomon in my opinion. You can run on his side but he will make the play more often that not. Good pass rushing ability.

23) Giants- TE OJ Howard. OJ Howard is a complete TE. Blocks good and he is a down the field threat. Howard is one of the darlings of the draft but given his position and that he lacks elite speed he will drop to the 20's.

24) Raiders- LB Zach Cunningham. I think this is a reach on Cunningham. I like his game. He is a tackling machine but I think he tackles too high which could be an issue. You watch some games and you fall in love then you watch his Tennessee game and you pump the breaks. With his potential he is worth the risk.

25) Texans- TE David Njoku. Njoku is a tougher more physical Jimmy Graham in my opinion. When I say physical I dont mean run blocker. Look Brock Osweiler isnt going anywhere so your best option is to get him more weapons.

26) Seahawks- LT Antonio Garcia. The O-Line needs to get addressed immediately. I havent watched much on Garcia. I only watched 1 game. In that 1 game what I picked is he has good footwork and looks to have all the techniques to be a good pass rusher. i admit I need to watch more on Garcia.

27) Chiefs- RB Joe Mixon. I'm sticking to my guns on Joe Mixon going in the 1st round. Mixon is the 2nd best RB in this draft in my opinion. If it was for this video that came out of him making a horrendous mistake I think he would be a top 15 pick. Andy Reid believes in giving people 2nd chances. He Terrell Owens after what he did in San Fran. He gave Michael Vick a 2nd chance after his dog fighting scandal. Recently he has given chances to Marcus Peters and Tyreke Hill which both have paid off. Jamal Charles is done. The Cheifs have good RBs that should compliment a starting RB.

28) Cowboys- DE/DT Malik McDowell. The Cowboys have needs at both DE and DT. I listed Malik as a DE and a DT because I think he can play both. Play him at DE on 1st and 2nd downs and then move him in side on 3rd downs. Malik has an endless motor that wears O-Linemen out. I dont think he is much if a pass rusher but I think he can get there. I watched him continuously get double teamed and still make the play.

29) Packers- CB Corn Elder. I'm really high on Corn Elder. After the combine he could shoot up the big boards. A feisty CB. He plays with all heart. His 1 down side is that he is small but man he can cover. You rarely see him get beat. His speed is amazing. He chased down Dalvin Cook in the open field from the opposite field. Not afraid to make a tackle. The way he closes on a ball is incredible. If he was 6 feet tall he would be a top 10 pick.

30) Steelers- OLB Tak McKinley. I am always in a debate about Tak. He is a good pass rusher that lacks pass rushing moves. Too many times he is blocked or washed out of a play. He takes himself out of plays. I dont like him as a 4-3 DE. I do like him as a 3-4 OLB though. Put him in a 2 point stance where he can use his speed and athletic ability.

31) Falcons- DE Tanoh Kpassagnon. This may be my biggest reach the draft but I really love Tanoh and feel that after the combine he will blaze up the big boards. He plays for Villanova which is a small football school so he is somewhat of an unknown. He had a good senior bowl week. You watch his game film and Nova typically goes with a 2-3 man front and he is still constantly in the back field.
    Players like Tanoh dont come around often. He is 6-7 290.

32) Patriots- WR Cooper Kupp. I'm not mocking Kupp here because he is white. Kupp is good, real good. The guy is always open. He runs great routes. I dont think I watched drop a single pass. He plays with heart. I watched a game of his where he played with a sprained joint. He is all bandaged up. The QB through a low ball and went down for it landing on that shoulder and a guy landing on him. He jogged off the field in pain arm hanging. Comes in the next play. Streaks down the field for a TD. Dude is a legit patriot way player.

Thoughts??
    Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

I came away watching Dawkins thinking he wasn't athletic enough to play in the NFL.

I'd be shocked if Jon Allen fell out of the top 7. Athletic, productive pass rusher from the inside. Teams will look past some injury issues for a guy like that.

Mixon won't go in the first round and it has nothing to do with talent. No owner is going to sign off on that pick.
    Originally posted by jepg
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    Blue is right

Comment

I like Corn Elder too. Top 32 is optimistic.

Kpassagnon and Kupp in round 1 is also optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
        Mixon won't go in the first round and it has nothing to do with talent. No owner is going to sign off on that pick.
        Not sure how this is not obvious yet.

He can break an arm tackle but he cant break tackles. You watch his game film he goes no where alot. He does have great speed, He can catch the ball, and he can set up blocks. I think he is a 10-15 carry guy not counting receptions.
        Way to exercise your first amendment Joe.

Comment

People make mistakes. Cheifs will look past that. Thats not what I saw when i saw Dawkins. I like Allen alot but this year i dont see team's running up for DTs or 3-4 DEs

Comment

I'm telling you guys Joe Mixon will go in the 1st round. His mistake is not recent. It was a few years back. He has been clean since. His talent is amazing. Andy Reid will bang the table for him

Comment

Joe almost solely based on your Cook analysis, I really think you should watch more film.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
                I'm telling you guys Joe Mixon will go in the 1st round. His mistake is not recent. It was a few years back. He has been clean since. His talent is amazing. Andy Reid will bang the table for him
                You can keep saying that all you want, doesn't make it the truth. No owner is going to agree to drafting him in the first round. It doesn't matter when it happened, the video came out like two months ago (if that long). Owners aren't going to risk boycotts or protests over a player at a low-value position.

Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                  Joe almost solely based on your Cook analysis, I really think you should watch more film.
                  I watched 4 games. He is a better version of Lamar Miller but still goes down way too easy. Chicks dig the long ball so we all see the home run ability he has and go hes good. He has break away speed like non other but cant break tackles.

Comment

You can keep saying that all you want, doesn't make it the truth. No owner is going to agree to drafting him in the first round. It doesn't matter when it happened, the video came out like two months ago (if that long). Owners aren't going to risk boycotts or protests over a player at a low-value position.
                    They said the sane thing about Vick after the dog fights. 1 guy did. You guys act like nobody in the NFL makes mistakes. The Cowboys gave Greg Hardy a chance. Hell Big Ben raped a woman. Mixon made a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post

They said the sane thing about Vick after the dog fights. 1 guy did. You guys act like nobody in the NFL makes mistakes. The Cowboys gave Greg Hardy a chance. Hell Big Ben raped a woman. Mixon made a mistake
                      Nobody invested big money or a draft pick in Michael Vick or Greg Hardy right after their indiscretions, both of whom had proven they could play at a high level in the NFL prior to their indiscretions.

You know what else none of those players did? Get caught on tape. I don't think you appreciate how important that is. Everybody saw what Mixon did and no amount of spin or "he said she said" is going to change that.

For what it's worth, I agree that it was a mistake and he probably won't ever do anything like it again. I just realize that team owners aren't going to want to deal with the media attention that comes with drafting a guy who hit a woman on camera.

Blue is right

Comment

Dion Dawkins in the first round is also strange to me. Know very little besides his name though.

Comment

Nobody invested big money or a draft pick in Michael Vick or Greg Hardy, both of whom had proven they could play at a high level in the NFL prior to their indiscretions.

You know what else none of those players did? Get caught on tape. I don't think you appreciate how important that is. Everybody saw what Mixon did and no amount of spin or "he said she said" is going to change that.

For what it's worth, I agree that it was a mistake and he probably won't ever do anything like it again. I just realize that teams aren't going to want to deal with the media attention that comes with drafting a guy who hit a woman on camera.
                          Im pretty sure Vick got paid. Men hit women all the time in the NFL and I'm not condoning it. Mixon was a kid. He has learned from it.

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life

Clemson 2015, 2016
                            Florida 2014, 2015, 2016
                            G Tech 2014
                            Miami 2014, 15, 16
                            Michigan 2016
                            USF 2015, 2016

Pretty sure he had more than 20 carries in each game. His 2016 tape was workhorse material. They've had a capable backup in Patrick the previous two seasons but Cook did not get spelled often.
                            Thats college. I'm talking NFL

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                              Dion Dawkins in the first round is also strange to me. Know very little besides his name though.
                              I watched 3 of his games. Came away thinking he is the 3rd best LT. I know others veiw him as a guard but he has all the tools to be an NFL LT

Comment

Working...
                              X