My 2018 Draft Positional Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2018 Draft Positional Rankings

Now we still have a whole season to play so these can change.

QBs
    1) Luke Falk
    2) Mason Rudolph
    3) Josh Rosen
    4) Josh Allen
    5) Jake Browning
    Last edited by JoeLegend; 05-14-2017, 03:54 PM.
    Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

I have also watched Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold. I'm not a fan of Darnold at all. He's the next USC QB we over hype. Wildly inaccurate. It's cussed by his throwing motion and footwork. He is too hyper in the pocket. Feet are never set. His throwing motion is awful. Brings it behind his back and below his hip. Then he windmills it. It takes so long to complete his motion that he has to rush it and it flies everywhere.

Comment

Just got down watching Jake Browning. I moved him on at 5 and took Lamar Jackson off my top 5

Comment

Darnold's accuracy and throwing motion are fine. Throwing motion is wildly overrated as far as QB qualities go.

If Falk or Rudolph were worth a **** they'd have been in this year's draft class.
        Originally posted by jepg
        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
        Blue is right

Comment

What about Josh Allen??? It's not like QBs have never skipped the draft to play their senior year before. Everyone got caught up in Darnolds year for USC. You actually watch his game films it's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
            What about Josh Allen??? It's not like QBs have never skipped the draft to play their senior year before. Everyone got caught up in Darnolds year for USC. You actually watch his game films it's awful.
            Darnold is pretty good, but I guess this shouldn't be surprising from someone who liked Vince Young.

I don't like Allen either. Fact is that Falk and Rudolph aren't putting anything on tape this year that the NFL hasn't already seen from them. You look at the other senior QBs to amount to anything in the NFL in the past decade and they all have extenuating circumstances that don't apply to Falk and Rudolph. Russel Wilson was an undersized transfer; Joe Flacco played D-II ball; Matt Ryan wasn't even on the radar going into his senior year; Derek Carr is the lone exception. Dak Prescott looks like he might make it on that list.

Compare those guys to Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Jake Locker, Matt Leinart, Connor Cook, Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Tyler Wilson, and a ****-ton of other terrible NFL quarterbacks that either went in the 1st round as seniors or were expected to be first-round picks the year before they came out.

Blue is right

Comment

I know Luck came out as a junior, but he should be included in fairness. He stayed on a year after he was eligible, and added nothing to his existing game tape.
              He's the only exception that I can think of. Not like Oklahoma St or Washington St will be competing for a National Championship either.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                I know Luck came out as a junior, but he should be included in fairness. He stayed on a year after he was eligible, and added nothing to his existing game tape.
                He's the only exception that I can think of. Not like Oklahoma St or Washington St will be competing for a National Championship either.
                So did Mariota. Two key differences, at least in my opinion: they were both in the national championship and Heisman discussions, and neither was a four-year starter like Falk and Rudolph will be this year. No college quarterback needs four years of tape to prove that he's worth a high draft pick.

Blue is right

Comment

Didn't Winston go back??

Comment

I'm telling you Darnold is not that good. Falk and Rudolph much better. I watched 3 game films from all the QBs I mentioned. Every game Darnold inaccurate, sloppy feet, and an awful throwing motion.

Comment

But you know what this time last year you all had Kizer #1. Bridgewater 3 years ago.

Comment

All you got to do is watch the games. Darnold would be a late pick for me.

Comment

I'm telling you Darnold is not that good. Falk and Rudolph much better. I watched 3 game films from all the QBs I mentioned. Every game Darnold inaccurate, sloppy feet, and an awful throwing motion.
                          If Rudolph and Falk are better than Darnold & Rosen, then we're looking at a garbage class.

From what I've seen, I like Darnold a lot more than those two. And he's much younger too. Lots of room to grow and already looks like a good prospect.
                          Also like Rosen more than either of them too. If I recall I had Rudolph at like seventh in this class before he announced his return. Falk never cracked my top 10.

Browning is probably better too. Rudolph reminds me of a smaller Mannion, which ain't high praise. Haven't watched many games of Allen though. When I did it was scouting their RB, so I wasn't watching him.

Comment

But you know what this time last year you all had Kizer #1. Bridgewater 3 years ago.
                            Meanwhile, Kizer was widely believed to be the top physical talent in this year's class, and Bridgewater was the first player from his draft class to make the playoffs. Yeah, we all feel real bad about those two.

Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                            X