Artest and Kobe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artest and Kobe

So am I the only one who sees Artest completely screwing over the Lakers slim chance at a repeat next year? We know the tension between these 2, and we know how much Artest loves to piss off Kobe, anyone else think he socks Kobe in the face in the locker room before the all-star break?

I'm hoping that Artest will kill the Lakers (just for the Cavs sake) but he could actually help them.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. Chris Henry. Even with the bad choices he made, he made a comeback and was a great and respected athlete. He will be missed greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by arhymemaster View Post
      So am I the only one who sees Artest completely screwing over the Lakers slim chance at a repeat next year? We know the tension between these 2, and we know how much Artest loves to piss off Kobe, anyone else think he socks Kobe in the face in the locker room before the all-star break?
      Yeah your probably the only one! lol i think he will make them even better. 2 shutdown defenders on the same team. GO BILLS

Comment

Artest is a good defender but he has terrible shot selection.

Comment

Originally posted by New Ro's Greatest View Post
          Yeah your probably the only one! lol i think he will make them even better. 2 shutdown defenders on the same team. GO BILLS
          I coun't one shut down defender, and one good weakside defender....

Comment

I like Ariza Better he's younger & fits into the triange like Ron Harper did in the Bulls.

Ron Ron is a give me the ball and let me dribble between my legs and watch me pull a long three to kill morale kinda player, Ariza has just as good D if not better and has the sense to take wide open three's only, and he's one hell of a ball hawk how many big steals did he have for the Lakers in the playoffs......

Good job Lakers your in trouble now

If I ran the Lakers I would have signed Ariza and let Lamar I show up once in 5 games Odon and go after Hedo Turkoglu to replace Odom....

But I'm a Clipper fan so I don't care

Lets go Clipps

Comment

None of this matter's since KG is coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
                None of this matter's since KG is coming back.
                True dat

Comment

None of this matters because Kevin Martin will be MVP this year, with Spencer Hawes being DMVP

Comment

I think this move can destroy the Lakers. Artest will take shots away from Kobe who will get pissed off and make the front office trade Artest. I also hate how everyone still thinks Bynum will be a great player. He hasn't done anything yet. The Lakers played better without him in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                      Artest is a good defender but he has terrible shot selection.
                      That last part is wrong, let me tell you why.

On the Rockets with T-Mac out and Yao as the only other legitimate scoring threat, Houston needed Artest to put up some big numbers for them to win. Now that he's on the Lakers and there's a plethora of guys who can score instead, you'll see less erratic shots and threes from deep beyong the arc.

Really, this was pretty much a trade; Ariza for Artest. To those who say that Ariza isn't as good as Artest but is more of a system guy, I say Artest can be that system guy too but even better. Face it, he's an upgrade over Ariza in every way. Ariza is a good defender but guess what? Artest, even better defender!

Finally, Artest and Bryant aren't going to kill each other. They're both men and they're probably above that, especially now that they're team mates. Artest showed in Houston that he can behave, he'll behave even more now that he's on the best team in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by PatsFan View Post
                        That last part is wrong, let me tell you why.

On the Rockets with T-Mac out and Yao as the only other legitimate scoring threat, Houston needed Artest to put up some big numbers for them to win. Now that he's on the Lakers and there's a plethora of guys who can score instead, you'll see less erratic shots and threes from deep beyong the arc.

Really, this was pretty much a trade; Ariza for Artest. To those who say that Ariza isn't as good as Artest but is more of a system guy, I say Artest can be that system guy too but even better. Face it, he's an upgrade over Ariza in every way. Ariza is a good defender but guess what? Artest, even better defender!

Finally, Artest and Bryant aren't going to kill each other. They're both men and they're probably above that, especially now that they're team mates. Artest showed in Houston that he can behave, he'll behave even more now that he's on the best team in the league.
                        I wasn't aware that Artest signed with the Celtics...

Comment

Lakers: 2008-2009 champs.
                          Celtics: lost to Orlando in semi-finals.

Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by PatsFan View Post
                            Lakers: 2008-2009 champs.
                            Celtics: lost to Orlando in semi-finals.

Enough said.
                            Celtics: 2007-2008 champs

Lakers: 2008-2009 champs*

*= Won without playing Boston, due to an injury to the best big man in the game, and most important player on the Celtics.

Comment

I wasn't aware that you're only considered a champ once you've beaten the Celtics.

Comment

Working...
                              X