Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official NBA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And in the hindsight is 20/20 CMD Draft, Brooklyn could have rolled out a roster of (all players are players picked after Brooklyn in each round:

    PG: Steph Curry
    SG: Klay Thompson
    G/F: Jimmy Butler
    G: Victor Oladipo
    SF/PF: Draymond Green
    SF/PF: Harrison Barnes
    PF/C: Ed Davis
    PF/C: Gorgeiu Dieng or Mason Plumlee
    PF: Marcus Morris
    SG/SF KJ McDaniels (Nikola Mirotic went 1 pick before me Round 10)


    Got damn, while the defense would struggle down low somewhat, that offense would be insane. It also features 4 Warriors. The lesson: Golden State is dirty

    Comment


    • Well, your defense would also feature NBA CMD Atlanta Hawks star and defensive player of the year candidate Draymond Green, so it wouldn't be that bad.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

      I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Originally posted by jepg
      Blue is right

      Comment


      • Boogie now an allstar. Replaces Kobe. Moves Lillard up to the guy who got robbed. Maybe he takes Aldridge spot tho if he backs out. Imo Boogie shoulda got in over Duncan and Lillard named to replace Kobe.

        East looks like what I expected tho.
        2013 BDL and 2014 CMD Champion


        Comment


        • Durant shouldn't have made it. He missed too many games

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chewie_33 View Post
            Durant shouldn't have made it. He missed too many games
            Yeah, I don't think anyone would have blamed the coaches for not putting Durant in, but he's still the reigning MVP and has played really, really well when he's been on the floor.
            Originally posted by jepg
            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

            I should be put on an island and nuked.
            Originally posted by jepg
            Blue is right

            Comment


            • Meh. It's what the fans want, and the all star game is nothing if not a fan fest. Though I agree that he's missed too many games to be an all star, he's still who people want to watch on the floor with the likes of LeBron, Wade, and Kobe.

              Cavs are going to drop at least one of their next 4 games. I don't know which one it is, but they have 4 games in 5 days, and I don't think they're able to keep their winning streak alive through it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                Meh. It's what the fans want, and the all star game is nothing if not a fan fest. Though I agree that he's missed too many games to be an all star, he's still who people want to watch on the floor with the likes of LeBron, Wade, and Kobe.

                Cavs are going to drop at least one of their next 4 games. I don't know which one it is, but they have 4 games in 5 days, and I don't think they're able to keep their winning streak alive through it.
                Clippers at home. If LeBron continues to sit, they will love to the Wolves as well

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PSU View Post
                  Boogie now an allstar. Replaces Kobe. Moves Lillard up to the guy who got robbed. Maybe he takes Aldridge spot tho if he backs out. Imo Boogie shoulda got in over Duncan and Lillard named to replace Kobe.

                  East looks like what I expected tho.
                  Durant had no business making it. That was easilly Cousins' spot, then Lillard could replace Kobe.


                  Listened to Lowe's podcast with Jeff Van Gundy and got annoyed with his "emphasis on winning" criteria. Like dude really argued that Jonas Valanciunas is more deserving of an All-Star spot over Bosh and Love because the Raps are higher in the standings even though Bosh and Love have easilly outplayed him this season. And his Draymond Green slurping was too strong.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Blue View Post
                    Yeah, I don't think anyone would have blamed the coaches for not putting Durant in, but he's still the reigning MVP and has played really, really well when he's been on the floor.
                    Gotta draw the line somewhere. You aren't an All-Star on the bench. Hypothetically, if he played one game and scored 50 points...he played really well on the floor and is still the reigning MVP. Still an All-Star? Gotta play at least 60-70% of the games imo
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • Player 1: 36 minutes/game, 43%FG, 37% 3FG, 86% FT, 4.6 rebs, 6.2 ast, 1.3 steals, 21.8 ppg

                      Player 2: 34.5 minutes/game, 37%, 29% 3FG, 81% FT, 5.7 rebs, 5.6 ast, 1.3 steals, 22.3 ppg

                      One is an all-star in West, one isn't. Take a wild guess
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                      Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Daniel Brown View Post
                        Durant had no business making it. That was easilly Cousins' spot, then Lillard could replace Kobe.


                        Listened to Lowe's podcast with Jeff Van Gundy and got annoyed with his "emphasis on winning" criteria. Like dude really argued that Jonas Valanciunas is more deserving of an All-Star spot over Bosh and Love because the Raps are higher in the standings even though Bosh and Love have easilly outplayed him this season. And his Draymond Green slurping was too strong.
                        Yeah, I agree. The all star game is a celebration of the best players in the season so far, not a reward for the teams higher in the standings. I know where Van Gundy comes from, because he is a coach, he likes to reward winning first and foremost, but the all star game isn't about winning, it is about the show.

                        Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        Player 1: 36 minutes/game, 43%FG, 37% 3FG, 86% FT, 4.6 rebs, 6.2 ast, 1.3 steals, 21.8 ppg

                        Player 2: 34.5 minutes/game, 37%, 29% 3FG, 81% FT, 5.7 rebs, 5.6 ast, 1.3 steals, 22.3 ppg

                        One is an all-star in West, one isn't. Take a wild guess
                        Kobe got in only because of the fans vote. But since he's injured, it doesn't really matter. I think Lillard will still get in because of Lamarcus Aldridge. I don't see why he would play in the All Star Game with his injured thumb.

                        Comment


                        • Dame and Melo?

                          Comment


                          • Wiggins is unstoppable against the Cavs right now.

                            Comment


                            • Hawks haven't lost since the day after Christmas.
                              Originally posted by jepg
                              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                              I should be put on an island and nuked.
                              Originally posted by jepg
                              Blue is right

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Blue View Post
                                Hawks haven't lost since the day after Christmas.
                                They really tried to last night. They're a very good squad and playing great team ball.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X