This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GongKong View Post
    What are you talking about? Durant is a beast that can handle the pressure, and if it wasnt' for Wade, LeBron would still be winless and all of you would hate him, instead you worship him, and suck on his balls for no good reason.

**** LeBron, he isn't championship quality. He is the Dan Marino of basketball.
    Originally posted by Robley View Post
    Uh...what? The first two rounds after Westbrook went down, Durant was averaging a 34-11-7 or some **** like that.
    The Thunder weren't anywhere near the same quality of team with Westbrook out of the lineup. Sure Durant still puts up his stats, but it was nowhere near the same team and it was a heavily discussed issue. So I think it is fair to question why people are doubting Lebron when his career has been marked with more individual success than Durants. But, it isn't even just a one on one comparison that people are trying to make. Compare both teams and Seattle isn't comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Brown View Post
      Which is funny because you and many others voted for the Celtics against CH's Pacers.
      I said they would be a danger not that the Celtics would lose. That was a close vote for me, but I stand by the Celtics as the better team in that matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
        Besides that though the Celtics are the better built team and matchup well here. The Celtics would be in danger against teams with strong big men, but that is precisely Seattle's weakness. So I don't see how this voting is close.
        Thanks, but I got to the finals facing teams with better big men than me.

EDIT: oh you already answered dat
        Boston Celtics 2013 NBA CMD Champions

CMD Picks: 11.16, 12.10, 13.21, 14.10, 14.15, 15.21, 16.10, 17.21, 19.21, 20.10, 21.21, 22.10

Comment

I said they would be a danger not that the Celtics would lose. That was a close vote for me, but I stand by the Celtics as the better team in that matchup.
          Because at the end of the day LeBron>all.

Comment

LeBron's team is better

**** you guys

Comment

The Thunder weren't anywhere near the same quality of team with Westbrook out of the lineup. Sure Durant still puts up his stats, but it was nowhere near the same team and it was a heavily discussed issue. So I think it is fair to question why people are doubting Lebron when his career has been marked with more individual success than Durants. But, it isn't even just a one on one comparison that people are trying to make. Compare both teams and Seattle isn't comparable.
              I misread and thought you said "Durant doesn't even look that good without Westbrook in the lineup" and obviously anyone putting up a 34-11-7 (which was actually a 31/9/6 overall, though his numbers were up around 34/11/7 through the first 6 or so games) in the playoffs could in no way be called 'not that good.' But either way, you said "Durant doesn't even look that good with Westbrook in the lineup," which I also don't get since a full season of 28-8-5 with the 50-40-90 to boot can't be called 'not that good' in any way either. As for the more individual success for LeBron thing, I wouldn't say that's fair.

Over their first 6 seasons, each from the ages of 19 through 24, their averages are:

LeBron - 27.5 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.7 APG, 47.0 FG%, 32.8 3P%, 73.7 FT%

Durant - 26.6 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 3.1 APG, 47.5 FG%, 37.3 3P%, 88.4 FT%

With their 6th seasons of:

LeBron - 28.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 7.2 APG, 48.9 FG%, 34.4 3P%, 78.0 FT%

Durant - 28.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 4.6 APG, 51.0 FG%, 41.6 3P%, 90.5 FT%

They both missed the playoffs in their first 2 seasons and made it in years 3 through 6.

LeBron's 1st year - lost in the 2nd round, 30.8 8.1 5.8 47.6/33.3/73.7

2nd year - lost in the Finals, 25.1 8.1 8.0 41.6/28.0/75.5

3rd year - lost in the 2nd round, 28.2 7.8 7.6 41.1/25.7/73.1

4th year - lost in the ECF, 35.3 9.1 7.3 51.0/33.3/74.9

Durant's 1st year - lost in the 1st round, 25.0 7.7 2.3 35.0/28.6/87.1

2nd year - lost in the WCF, 28.6 8.2 2.8 44.9/33.9/83.8

3rd year - lost in the Finals, 28.5 7.4 3.7 51.7/37.3/86.4

4th year - lost in the 2nd round, 30.8 9.0 6.3 45.5/31.4/83.0

Adjusted for age, is there really much of a difference in how much they've done? If you decide Durant's superior shooting splits roughly cancel out LeBron's superior assist numbers, they're damn near identical (and I'd argue the shooting splits are more important, frankly).

Comment

I honestly think anyone could make a title team on here, all you need is lebron and that's it.
                2010 WF.com PPR Champion
                2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfan View Post
                  I honestly think anyone could make a title team on here, all you need is lebron and that's it.
                  Eh, you can still **** it up. I thought I did a pretty good job with BPA
                  Boston Celtics 2013 NBA CMD Champions

CMD Picks: 11.16, 12.10, 13.21, 14.10, 14.15, 15.21, 16.10, 17.21, 19.21, 20.10, 21.21, 22.10

Comment

Celtics aren't that good but they have Lebron so they're really good if that makes sense.

I like Footsy but Seattle is terrible. In a four team playoff, there's no way that team woulda made it, much less win a division championship. But they made a run and actually have a chance to win a title. Congrats.

Spurs and Lakers were the two best in west and Indy, Boston, Philly, Washington were the best teams from the East IMO.

Comment

Cavs #1, none of you know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jwarr37 View Post
                        Eh, you can still **** it up. I thought I did a pretty good job with BPA
                        I don't know... Faried with Lebron didn't make much sense to me. Faried doesn't work well in a half court offense. Anyone who could slow the game down would really limit your offense. Jrue is another ball handler but I know little about him so I'm not gonna state a case on his impact.

Rest of your team was decent, but I don't think you could have beaten Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                          Celtics aren't that good but they have Lebron so they're really good if that makes sense.

I like Footsy but Seattle is terrible. In a four team playoff, there's no way that team woulda made it, much less win a division championship. But they made a run and actually have a chance to win a title. Congrats.

Spurs and Lakers were the two best in west and Indy, Boston, Philly, Washington were the best teams from the East IMO.
                          Seattle isn't terrible. Durant is the 2nd best player in the NBA, Deron Williams is still a really good player, OJ Mayo's good for the floor spacing and in transition, and Thompson is a good pick and roll partner for Williams. Footsy just went full tard with Noel pick which ****ed up on him building a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                            I don't know... Faried with Lebron didn't make much sense to me. Faried doesn't work well in a half court offense. Anyone who could slow the game down would really limit your offense. Jrue is another ball handler but I know little about him so I'm not gonna state a case on his impact.

Rest of your team was decent, but I don't think you could have beaten Indy.
                            Indeed. The fact that Boozer and Pek would do really well against Faried and Lopez down low was swept under the rug for whatever reason.

Comment

Yeah, the Noel pick got some backlash.
                              I think he is an underrated defensive presence but clearly I took him way too early.
                              I do know a couple owners who told me they thought about picking Noel, and didn't think it was a terrible pick. They didn't want to face the west of the CMDs wrath lol
                              But still, too early.

Comment

I have no problem with the Noel pick. I made my picks based on what will look best over the course of this upcoming season. And I am sure my team is going to look a hell of a lot better once the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X