Players returning for Kentucky:
    Freshman PG Andrew Harrison
    Freshman SG Aaron Harrison
    Sophomore F Alex Poythress
    Freshman C Dakari Johnson
    Sophomore PF/C Willie Cauley-Stein
    Freshman PF/C Marcus Lee

Incoming Freshman

5'9 PG Tyler Ulis (McDonald's All-American)
    6'4 SG Devin Booker(MCDonald's All-American)
    6'9 F Trey Lyles (McDonald's All-American)
    6'11 PF Karl Towns (McDonald's All-American)

Let's look at the depth chart for the best college basketball team in the nation:

PG: Andrew Harrison So.
    SG: Aaron Harrison So.
    SF: Alex Poythress Jr.
    PF: Karl Towns Fr.
    C: Dakari Johnson So.

Bench:
    1. Devin Booker Fr. (SG/SF ... will likely relieve Poythress first. Can also play the two. Known for sweet shooting stroke)
    2. Willie Cauley-Stein Jr. (Will relieve Johnson off the bench immediately and compete for starting position at center. Elite shot blocker)
    3. Trey Lyles Fr. (SF/PF ... will likely relieve Towns or Johnson off the bench. Can play the 3 if UK goes big, and 4 if UK goes "small" ... Known for being a great passer, rebounder, and shooter)
    4. Marcus Lee So. (PF/C ... Will fight for minutes in stacked frontcourt. Elite athleticism, energy, and length)
    5. Tyler Ulis Fr. (PG ... Destroyed Tyus Jones this season in AAU and McDs. Will compete for minutes at point)
    6. Dominique Hawkins So. (G ... Perimeter defender can guard quicker players)
    7. Derek Willis So. (SF ... Underrated talent could possibly redshirt)
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-25-2014, 01:28 PM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Nobody cares

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

If nobody cared about Kentucky nobody would hate us. But we are hated because people care.

Comment

Nobody would care about Kentucky if you didn't post about them

Comment

UK is going to be pretty loaded next year. There's a clear elite tier with UK (the best of the bunch), Arizona, and Wisconsin with other really good potentially elite teams like Kansas (crack the elite tier if they land Turner), Duke, and UNC.

Comment

UK plays UNC this season in Rupp so that should be a good game. Duke needs to win a couple games in the tourney before I get scared of them instead of losing in the first round. Wisconsin should be really tough again. Arizona had two huge losses in Nick Johnson and Aaron Gordon. Not sure if Stanley Johnson can compensate for both they need Hollis-Jefferson to step up big.

My preseason top 5

1. Kentucky
            2. Wisconsin
            3. Kansas
            4. Kentucky's bench
            5. Louisville

Comment

Arizona is also returning a great floor general in T.J. McConnell, a really good shooter in Gabe York, and two beasts down low in Ashley and Big Zeus. A second year Hollis-Jefferson can give you what Gordon gave you and Stanley Johnson should be a high lottery pick. Plus, one of the beast coaches in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Brown View Post
                Arizona is also returning a great floor general in T.J. McConnell, a really good shooter in Gabe York, and two beasts down low in Ashley and Big Zeus. A second year Hollis-Jefferson can give you what Gordon gave you and Stanley Johnson should be a high lottery pick. Plus, one of the beast coaches in the country.
                Arizona is Top 3 in everyone's preseason lists. They will be tough. I have heard rumors that if Calipari went to the NBA next season we would hire Sean Miller to replace him. fyi

Comment

World class homer.

Comment

@robley: Well considering there are non-UK writers (Parrish, Brennan) saying UK could go 40-0 after watching UK in the Bahamas...are they homers?

(I dont' think we will go 40-0, but we will win the title. Guaran-fukin-teed)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      @robley: Well considering there are non-UK writers (Parrish, Brennan) saying UK could go 40-0 after watching UK in the Bahamas...are they homers?

I feel like I've heard this before

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post

I dearly wish I knew you in person because I could make an awful lot of money off of you.

Comment

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                          I feel like I've heard this before
                          Matt's a flagrant homer but UK is legit absurdly stacked this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Brown View Post
                            Matt's a flagrant homer but UK is legit absurdly stacked this year.
                            As they were last year. And that team limped around for an entire season. After the last two seasons I've learned to take a wait and see aproach with UK.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie_33 View Post
                              As they were last year. And that team limped around for an entire season. After the last two seasons I've learned to take a wait and see aproach with UK.
                              No, it's not the same. This year it's stud freshman joining stud sophomores, not a complete overhaul. These are dudes that have tournament experience that have gone through the lumps of a full season.

Comment

Working...
                              X