X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 NBA CMD Sign Up & Rules Discussion Thread

PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP

Welcome to the NBA CMD. This is the third or fourth version of the NBA current mock draft. The objective is a round robin style fantasy draft building the best NBA team possible. Each CMD has run with various levels of success. However, this year, I think we can really make it great.

Rules:
    Feel free to debate these in this thread. These are all tentative

Start Date: Tuesday, July 15th 12:00 pm EST

Voting Date: Sometime in June 2015?
    - Like NFL CMD, I think its best we just do voting after the season to see who really was/is the best

Number of teams: 24

Number of Rounds: 10

On The Clock time:
    - 2 hours OTC (On the Clock) for first 2 rounds, 1 hour OTC for last 8-10 rounds
    - On the Clock picks can be made at any time
    - The clock will stop between 12:00am est and 12:00pm est (no picks have to be made during this time)

Draft Order: This will be a snake draft with a third round flip (First pick in round 2 will also get the first pick in round 3 and will continue to snake from there)

Playoff Teams: 8

LeBron James and Kevin Durant Tax: 2nd round pick moves back 2 rounds (to the 4th)
    - Last year, the teams who had one of them were in the finals. This included a small LeBron tax. We need to include a tax for both these players this year. I suggest something stricter because if a team has #1 or #2, they have an option of passing on these two and taking someone else and not enduring the tax.

Division Alignment: TBD

Salary cap: No

Eligible Players: Everyone, including rookies

Naming Infractions: See infraction thread when available
    Last edited by PSU; 07-14-2014, 09:56 AM.
    2013 BDL and 2014 CMD Champion

Reserved Teams:

East:

Boston Celtics - Jwarr
    Brooklyn Nets - Tbod
    New York Knicks - Betel
    Philadelphia 76ers - PSU

Buffalo Braves - Leelee
    Chicago Bulls - Monk
    Cleveland Cavaliers - Bcb
    Detroit Pistons - Cougar

Atlanta Hawks - Blue
    Miami Heat/Charlotte Hornets/Any Southeastern US team - Chewie and Rack
    Orlando Magic - Deaner
    Washington Wizards - Rofl

West:

Golden State Warriors - Ckane
    Los Angeles Lakers - BB3
    Sacramento Kings - CJay
    Anaheim Amigos- Leelee

Dallas Mavericks - WDYW
    Houston Rockets - Token
    Memphis Grizzlies - Bcb
    San Antonio Spurs - MD4L

Denver Nuggets - Monk
    Minnesota Timberwolves/Any northwestern US team - AliceAttack
    Seattle Supersonics - Footsy
    Portland Trail Blazers - IR
    Last edited by PSU; 07-14-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Ill take the Sixers and Pelicans (willing to change for a Pelicans fan)

Comment

Wiz and Spurs please

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Was the 30 team thing previously discussed? I thought last year's format with 20 (?) teams was fine. Realistic rosters are already out of the question when you have a draft format.

But dibs Warriors and whatever East if I have to control an East team.

Comment

Brooklyn and then I'll take Phoenix I guess unless somebody really wants them. I'd take any West team not claimed really.

Comment

30 teams was discussed in the NBA thread and seemed to be a popular idea. Looking at the owners from last year, it lookedike well have a some owner turnover and realistically could only get about 15 owners. Nothing is set in stone though.

Comment

We had 30 owners last year. We can get close to that again. We can have a few do two teams. I only want 1 team, the Seattle Supersonics. (Make OKC into Seattle please)

Just like last year baby!

Comment

Originally posted by football2ky View Post
                  We had 30 owners last year. We can get close to that again. We can have a few do two teams. I only want 1 team, the Seattle Supersonics. (Make OKC into Seattle please)

Just like last year baby!
                  We only had 24 last year. PSU, Ckane138, Tbod, Football2ky, IR, StanHanman, Deaner, Robley, Chewie, WDYW, Morgus, bleedinblue, Arcade, Bcb, Rofl, Colts Homer, Jwarr, Token, MD4L, Cougar, Marlin, Rack, Anderson12, Monk.

At least 5 of them havent been on in months.

Comment

Originally posted by PSU View Post
                    We only had 24 last year. PSU, Ckane138, Tbod, Football2ky, IR, StanHanman, Deaner, Robley, Chewie, WDYW, Morgus, bleedinblue, Arcade, Bcb, Rofl, Colts Homer, Jwarr, Token, MD4L, Cougar, Marlin, Rack, Anderson12, Monk.

At least 5 of them havent been on in months.
                    Wait, did 6 double up?

Comment

Memphis and Cleveland. Will take different east team if needed
                      A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

I'll take whatever East and West teams and relocate them as Buffalo Braves and Anaheim Amigos
                        Last edited by Leelee; 06-25-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Or if you want me to replace someone with a top 3 pick, that'd be cool 2

Comment

Lakers & Bucks

Comment

I would be interested, but anything more than 20-24 teams and 10 rounds is just begging for disaster.
                              Originally posted by jepg
                              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                              Originally posted by jepg
                              Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                              X