76ers - The climb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76ers - The climb

Curious to see how many 76ers hit this forum up.

I started really tracking them once Hinkie started his crazy process. I think with Simmons, Embiid and Saric getting unleased they can surprise the league this year.

It kinda sucks that before all his plans came to fruition that Hinkie left. Hopefully if this core works out he'll get the credit as the architect. I doubt they make much noise this year but there should be some pretty entertaining moments, especially if Simmons basically plays the point like he did in summer league.

Comment

I have high hopes for them this season even. If the Bucks could do what they did two seasons ago on the virtue of great defensive effort combined with superior length and athleticism...well the 76ers could follow that path. A great defense could allow them to steal wins as they learn how to play as a team.

More so I think Embiid may just be a natural phenom who settles in quickly and just like that not only do the 76ers have a viable starting 5, but they got a starting 5 with some star power. Now if Embiid turns out to be human, or can't stay healthy than my expectations will come back down to 25 wins or so. But if Embiid is what I hope he is...I want 42 wins.

For comparision some other great turnarounds in NBA history:

http://www.sportskeeda.com/slideshow...in-nba-history
      Last edited by coords; 08-05-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X