X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calipari to Kentucky

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.as...&nav=menu203_4

It's gonna happen....wow.

Most are speculating a 5 year contract worth $27 million.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I wonder who Kentucky's coach will be in 2011
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Andy Katz reports deal is 8 years, $37 million.

And Walter, Calipari is arguably the best coach in the country...he is going nowhere.

Comment

Gillespie was pretty awesome before he got to Lexington.

Kentucky boosters will be buying him out in 2 years. 3 years max.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Walt beat me to it.

Calipari must be totally ballsy or just unaware of Kentucky's job security.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't understand why the Boosters will be buying out a coach who has won on an elite level wherever he has been....and he is bringing his #1 recruiting class with him.

Comment

He's coached at an elite level, yeah, but Kentucky expects, nay, demands a championship in, at the most, 2 years. Can he reshape that team that quickly?
              sigpic

Comment

Calipari's a great recruiter and an above-average coach. I'm sure he'll succeed at UK, but it would be a lot of fun to see the whole thing go down in flames.
                Last edited by studbucket; 03-30-2009, 04:53 PM.
                I'm tweeting, and you like it.

Links to the best football sites on the web

Comment

You don't have to win a Championship.

You get this team to a Final 4 within 3 seasons and your job is safe. UK hasn't been to a Final Four since like 1998.

Comment

He needs two Final Fours to be safe, or one championship appearance.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I think Kentucky fans realize if Cal can't get the job done then nobody can...but he will get it done because he is that good.

Comment

Woow.

For one, I can't believe college basketball coaches get paid so much. My god, 37 million dollars has to make him the highest paid coach in basketball. I didn't even think NBA coaches got that much.

Secondly, this is an absolutely fantastic hire for Kentucky. Calipari is one of the top 3 coaches in college basketball and Kentucky will get back to being one of the nations powerhouses under him within the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Some say 8 years 37, some are saying 6 years $40 million.

UK Boosters are meeting tonight to see if they can up the ante if Memphis matches the offer.

Some people are speculating the Cats might counter offer 8 years 50 million.

It is just getting INSANE.

Comment

That's a ****load of money. 8 years $37 million? That's more than $4.5 million annually. That's more than Pete Carroll makes at USC, and Carroll is the highest-paid football coach in the nation. Cal better bring the results for that kind of dough.

As an SEC basketball fan, it's time to make fun of Coach Cal.
                            This is my signature.

Comment

Calipari had it made in Memphis. Did he get tired of beating up Southern Miss and Tulane over and over again?
                              This is my signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X