Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wants to be Notre Dame's Head Coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants to be Notre Dame's Head Coach?

Title in honor of ND alum Regis Philbin.

I strongly doubt Weis returns for the 2010 season: 0-5 vs. USC and 4-6 against the grand state of Michigan isn't going to cut it. Even assuming Notre Dame wins out-and even I'm skeptical that we'll beat both Stanford and Pittsburgh-we'll be a longshot for the BCS and we'll probably lose to a BCS bowl team anyways. Weis has all of his own players in now, so he can't use Ty's horrific recruiting as a (totally acceptable) excuse. The fact is that the defense has dramatically underperformed and if he can't get his players motivated and beat SC this season, he probably never will.

So. Who does ND get to come? Personally, I'd hate for either Brian Kelly or Urban Meyer; I don't want to see Notre Dame start running the spread, and Meyer in particular is just plain vicious when it comes to recruiting and running the score up on people. Jon Gruden has called ND his dream job before, but again, he'd try and run the spread. My preference would be Chris Peterson of Boise State, but I don't think he's leaving Boise anytime soon.

So, what does anybody else think (other than the inevitable "Notre Dame sucks!" and "Notre Shame lol" crap)?
    Originally posted by jepg
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    Blue is right

Notre Shame sucks.

But on a serious note, Jon Gruden will be Notre Shame's head coach next year. Not a doubt in my mind. He would make an amazing HC IMO for Notre Shame. He'll use his variation of a Spread/Wildcat/WCO scheme. He would turn that defense around in no time.

Comment

So blue, was I right, in saying that USC>>>ND?

Comment

Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
        So blue, was I right, in saying that USC>>>ND?
        Meh. Let's be honest, Notre Dame held their own. If Tausch makes the extra point and ND scores on their final drive, the Irish win. But they didn't.

I should think the answer to your question should be self-apparent, though, seeing as how they've played each other. Lemme tell ya, going to class Monday morning is going to be fun, what with the guy who sits next to me being a USC fan and all. Still not as bad as the professor I have who's a Michigan grad.
        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
        Blue is right

Comment

If the Yankees lose and the Jets lose tomorrow (not likely), jetsfan will be on major suicide watch.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
            If the Yankees lose and the Jets lose tomorrow (not likely), jetsfan will be on major suicide watch.
            Yankees aren't losing.

Comment

I don't think ti will happen with that contract weis signed its to expensive to buy out.

however if sawrbirick does than gruden might not make a bad ND coach but id say get someone who can coach college kids. Gruden will end up like callahan did at nebreska

Comment

I don't see Gruden taking a college job, especially because then he wouldn't be allowed to drool about the wildcat and players with a lot of Grit in the big leagues.

I think the option that might be very underrated is Skip Holtz who has done wonders with ECU, is bleeding ND pride (obvious dad ties plus he played there), and he would be fairly cheap enough to even out the Charlie Weis issue.

That or Rudy, he hasn't done **** for a while and would be good at setting the team back
                draftmaven.com

MY TWITTER

Comment

Gruden would implement the Wildcat if he went to Notre Shame.

Comment

Weis isn't getting fired. They are going to go 10-2 and make it to the Gator Bowl. Firing him would almost certainly send Clausen and Tate to the pros. They have a chance to make it to a big time bowl next year with those two plus Michael Floyd. Keep Weis. The offense did great today.
                    Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
                    RB-
                    WR-Anquan Boldin
                    WR-Doug Baldwin
                    WR-Mohamed Sanu
                    TE-Kyle Rudolph
                    LT-Eugene Monroe
                    LG-Matt Slauson
                    C-Roberto Garza
                    RG-Willie Colon
                    RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
                    DT-Terrance Knighton
                    DT-Tony McDaniel
                    DE-Robert Ayers
                    OLB-Malcolm Smith
                    MLB-Kiko Alonso
                    OLB-
                    CB-Alterraun Verner
                    CB-
                    FS-Michael Griffin
                    SS-Marcus Gilchrist

Comment

Originally posted by Colts Homer View Post
                      Weis isn't getting fired. They are going to go 10-2 and make it to the Gator Bowl. Firing him would almost certainly send Clausen and Tate to the pros. They have a chance to make it to a big time bowl next year with those two plus Michael Floyd. Keep Weis. The offense did great today.
                      Clausen is gone.
                      Chicago Bears
                      Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wants: O-line, Tall WR, and a 3 tech.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        ayrmaster wraith said that as joke of course than yanks are winning I said if the jets lose tomorrow to tbe bills i would go on suicide watch
                        It is 2-2, English scholar.

Comment

Originally posted by J Snazzy View Post
                          Clausen is gone.
                          I doubt it. He will come back to win the Heisman and beat USC in 2010.
                          Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
                          RB-
                          WR-Anquan Boldin
                          WR-Doug Baldwin
                          WR-Mohamed Sanu
                          TE-Kyle Rudolph
                          LT-Eugene Monroe
                          LG-Matt Slauson
                          C-Roberto Garza
                          RG-Willie Colon
                          RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
                          DT-Terrance Knighton
                          DT-Tony McDaniel
                          DE-Robert Ayers
                          OLB-Malcolm Smith
                          MLB-Kiko Alonso
                          OLB-
                          CB-Alterraun Verner
                          CB-
                          FS-Michael Griffin
                          SS-Marcus Gilchrist

Comment

Originally posted by Colts Homer View Post
                            I doubt it. He will come back to win the Heisman and beat USC in 2010.
                            And cost himself 20+ million dollars? Yeah. No. Since he won't be beating USC (who in 2010 will have the better quarterback) anytime soon with Weis as his HC.

Comment

Working...
                            X