NFL=Trash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbod10 View Post
    I'm so confused as to what about THIS game made you decide to give up football?

BTW, the NBA has a cap.
    The Vikings were in it till the end....If they would have won , this thread would not exist. All would be well with the world and the NFL. Heck , hakuna matata to an uncapped season.
    sigpic

http://walterfootball.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16070
    ^
    ****funniest thread ever***

Comment

Actually, there are still quite a few restrictions on this uncapped NFL. Different rules on FAs, I just can't remember them off hand. Besides, they aren't stupid enough to lock out. That way, no one gets paid.

You will be back. Championship losses suck, but you will be back.
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=tbod10;453525]I'm so confused as to what about THIS game made you decide to give up football?

BTW, the NBA has a cap.[/QUOTE]

No I've been thinking about quitting watching Pro Football for a while but this was nail in the coffin. I thought about it after Ravens-Steelers a few years back.

NBA really has a non existent cap that nobody abides by, exactly why teams are 40 mil over the "cap"
        WE GOT A BLACK COACH NOW!! SUPER BOWL BOUND IN 2012, IF THERE IS A LEAGUE!!

I've produced more iconic threads than you ever will :)

Comment

Originally posted by big blue monster View Post
          The Vikings were in it till the end....If they would have won , this thread would not exist. All would be well with the world and the NFL. Heck , hakuna matata to an uncapped season.
          This thread wouldn't have as much Vikings stuff but I still would have hailed this as the worst officiated game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            Actually, there are still quite a few restrictions on this uncapped NFL. Different rules on FAs, I just can't remember them off hand. Besides, they aren't stupid enough to lock out. That way, no one gets paid.

You will be back. Championship losses suck, but you will be back.
            I already said it retard, I'm done with football.

Comment

[QUOTE=vikeme428;453541]
              I'm so confused as to what about THIS game made you decide to give up football?

BTW, the NBA has a cap.[/QUOTE]

No I've been thinking about quitting watching Pro Football for a while but this was nail in the coffin. I thought about it after Ravens-Steelers a few years back.

NBA really has a non existent cap that nobody abides by, exactly why teams are 40 mil over the "cap"
              Is that why the Suns keep trading their draft picks for cash? The NBA has a tax cap, and how many teams are over the cap? Like Lakers and some ****ty teams iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by vikeme428 View Post
                Alright I made a misstep on that, how about factor in the challenges and BS plays.

Favre no call on Tom Brady rule, no lunging at QB's legs (results in No Int)
                Pierre Thomas doesn't make it to the endzone (result in possible no overtime, Vikings win)
                Bush TD (This is debatable and I want to see a pic of this)
                Overtime:
                4th and inches, again really hard to tell here this might have been a 1st.
                Leber PI call, come on really now, it was over his head

The key thing about the Saints penalties is that some were 15 yarders that didn't matter (Rookie LB running into Reynaud on punt).

There were a ton of questionable rulings here, beyond that of the Pittsburgh game earlier in this season (I really had no problem other than the tripping) but this is on the level of that Pittsburgh-Baltimore game a few years ago IMO, terrible calls by the refs screw one team out of winning.
                1) it was a legit no-call. The Brady Rule is about the knee. Vilma hit him AS THE BALL WAS IN HIS HANDS. meaning it's a legit tackle. not to mention Vilma was pushed into him.
                2) Thomas was legit in the endzone.
                3) Bush was legit in the endzone.
                4) it was easily a first.
                5) PI isn't about if it's uncatchable. It's about when the ball is thrown, whether it is possibly catchable. very subjective. and when the ball was thrown, it was catchable, then Leber tackled the dude.

and for the record. I hate both of these teams. but the Saints won. fair and square. next time, maybe look at Favre's 3 turnovers and tell me it's not the reason why you lost. because it is.

Founder of ScarDraft
                Writer for Drafttek

Comment

[QUOTE=vikeme428;453541]
                  I'm 99% sure that you don't know how it works. It sounds like you're just as educated on the NFL.

And fyi - Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas TD's were legit - the footage was pretty obvious to anyone without a bias and chip on their shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by Mister3nOut View Post
                    Lololol. This is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil.
                    I tried to sell mine, but he said it wasn't worth a damn.
                    ~

Comment

I do wish the NFL would have implemented the college rules in this overtime format and we wouldn't have a problem whether the Vikings would have won or lost. NFL has some serious issues to take care of.
                      1. See here. Also, the graphic before OT showed that teams that win the coin flip are like 8-6 this year.

You seriously are a bunch of illiterate dicks. I now realize why the rest of the world laughs at America.
                      2. What the **** does a smallish international internet forum on a football website have to do with the literacy of America?

I want conclusive evidence to say that the Saints really should have won this game. In fact there is none, whatsoever.
                      3. The Vikes fumbled 6 times. Refs can't control that. Saints had more penalties AND yards. If it isn't the refs you're mad about, then it's the actual game, which saw Favre throw away a potential game winning field goal, and the Saints march down the field to boot a clutch 40 yard kick. If that, plus 31-28, isn't conclusive, then congratulations. You have awakened from THE MATRIX.

Comment

He'll be a football fan by next week.

Originally posted by EllijayFalconsFan
                        I hate you Kyle Orton, I hate your family, I hate your dog, if you have cats I hate those, I also hate any fish you have, I hate your hobbies, I hope you fail at most things you do.

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                          1) it was a legit no-call. The Brady Rule is about the knee. Vilma hit him AS THE BALL WAS IN HIS HANDS. meaning it's a legit tackle. not to mention Vilma was pushed into him.
                          2) Thomas was legit in the endzone.
                          3) Bush was legit in the endzone.
                          4) it was easily a first.
                          5) PI isn't about if it's uncatchable. It's about when the ball is thrown, whether it is possibly catchable. very subjective. and when the ball was thrown, it was catchable, then Leber tackled the dude.

and for the record. I hate both of these teams. but the Saints won. fair and square. next time, maybe look at Favre's 3 turnovers and tell me it's not the reason why you lost. because it is.
                          1) Vilma is not in question, sorry but try again when you watch it over.
                          2) Pierre was down, even Troy "Dallas Homer" Aikman agreed
                          3) Debatable
                          4) IDK, I might agree
                          5) He didn't tackle him. Ball was 2 feet above him.

Overall, try coming at me with an unbiased perspective and then you might make progress. Until then, please go back to your ****hole of a living quarter with your mom and watch sportscenter.

Comment

Originally posted by piazzajordan2 View Post
                            He'll be a football fan by next week.
                            Honestly I'm looking more forward to Nascar than the Super Bowl.

Comment

Crying is not going to make your team magically appear in the super bowl. There were just as many questionable calls on both sides of the ball. Get over yourselves and be men
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm with you dude... I seriously question whether I want to watch football anymore, even before this game. I had a serious discussion with my wife about it today, and honestly, it has become a negative input for me. I don't enjoy it, even when my team wins, because I know it's all futile anyway, because the league doesn't benefit from my team winning. I seriously don't really want to pay attention to it anymore... and that's sad for me, having been such a hard core fan for so many years of my life.

The NFL has wanted the Cinderella story of a Saints Super Bowl ever since Katrina... and they finally got it. In spite of having a story like Favre, I never believed for a minute the Vikings would make it this year, even after the Cowboys game... I knew we would lose, and I didn't want to watch this game, but my wife convinced me... and I wish I hadn't... it wasted 3 hours of my life.

Oh, and I suggest rewatching the Harvin fumble.
                                sigpic
                                WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                                PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                                NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                                Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                                Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                                MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                                PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                                Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                                Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                                ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                                Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                                TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                                InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                                Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                                EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                                EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                                Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                                BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                                Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Working...
                                X